Uncontroversial BAFs left to do

Benn

I was having a discussion in a different thread about how some of the X-Men BAFs have been fairly poorly received, and how there really aren't that many iconic, universal characters left for them to do, and it got me thinking. What characters do you think would have relatively universal appeal as BAFs if they were done (or redone) sometime soon? Assume they'd be in an appropriate wave, and that sculpt and scale would be well done.

For X-Men characters too big to single-card, I think there's only:

• Blob
  • Brood (either queen or drone)
  • Mojo
  • Proteus
  • Sentinel (again assume they could pull off the scale)
  • Shadow King (astral form, but maybe with a proper Farouk head)

I know Strong Guy, Nimrod, Armor, Box, Holocaust, and some sort of phalanx would all be very popular, and there are plenty of other great options, but I'm not sure they would be quite as universal as the above. I think it's also telling how many of the above would be redos (mostly Toy Biz redos, though). Thoughts? And don't feel like you need to limit to X-Men.

I'm trying to think whether or not Warpath would be a good build-a-figure choice or not. And Grizzly too, but he probably wouldn't be that popular.

I'd be down for all the ones mentioned above for sure, but adding on, I would really  like to see classic Blastaar, Blackheart and Titanium Man happen as well.

As far as universal appeal as BAF's go

In need of a re-make (NOT yet Mentioned) ->

Red Hulk

Galactus (although I see this more happening as a days of the future past box set thingy)

Fing Fang Foom (maybe same as Galactus though)

M.O.D.O.K.

Annihilus

-----------------

Not yet made

Tyrant (maybe not so universal)

Tusk

Ch'od

Surtur (we should have had this somewhere already)

Shuma-Gorath (also not so universal i guess, but so cool)

Mangog (see Shuma)

Warstar

Bi-Beast (hey his face was in Ragnarok)

Living Tribunal (maybe like Galactus and Fing over a BAF)

Celestial (I think this could be the most likely Eternals wave BAF..if we get one)

Ymir

maybe those were controversial *shrug*

Titanium Man or Crimson Dyanmo are no-brainers for an Iron Man (or Avengers if we stretch it a little bit) wave. The original Hulkbuster would also be a good choice (I'm specifically thinking of this suit because while Iron Man has plenty of heavy-hitting suits, not many are that well-known and the modern Hulkbuster already has a Marvel Select). Speaking of Hulkbusters, Hulkbuster 2.0 would be a fantastic BaF but I figure Hasbro missed the boat since it's not really relevant anymore, and should probably have been done in a third Infinity War wave (I'm just realizing that with all the 2-pack and late releases from Infinity War, Hasbro could've made a third Infinity War wave).

33 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

also I think a lot of the older ones should be remade, like modok, galactus and ect

Tbh I don’t want to take up BaF slots with remakes of existing (even tho made by TB) BaFs that are excellent and still hold up; MODOK and Galactus specifically stand out to me as examples of great BaFs. I’d much rather get new characters or remakes of weak BaFs (even tho no specifically bad ones come to mind). 

As for to-do BaF options: Nimrod, Strong Guy, Bonebreaker, Pretty Boy (if they wanted to make him especially tall, or offer various attachments/limbs for him), Holocaust, Dragon Man, Red Hulk, a Frost Giant, etc etc.