Marvel Legends 6" Scorpion Spider-Man Far From Home Molten Man BAF Wave Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Scorpion figure which is part of Hasbro's new Spider-Man: Far From Home Molten Man Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure now at Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for these figures below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about them in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Scorpion-01.JPG

Scorpion-02.JPG

Scorpion-03.JPG

Scorpion-04.JPG

Scorpion-05.JPG

Scorpion-06.JPG

Scorpion-07.JPG

56 minutes ago, silverback said:

I would like to have this Scorpion with the bendy wire, but I already have the older version and too many other figures ahead of this on my list. For instance the Hydroman and the new MCU Mysterio.

I agree with the movie Mysterio. I would have liked to see Hydroman with removable water effects for the arms.

When I first saw Spider Man Homecoming and saw that Mac Gargan was a character I knew they would be putting out a Scorpion eventually. I agree that it's dumb that this has a wire but Doc Ock doesn't. I think all major Villains should be made with an exceptionally original mold, especially dudes like Scorpion who is genetically a Monster, and does tower over Spider Man. Still I can't wait till I get my hands on this one!

14 hours ago, Batbishop said:

I really don’t understand why this figure has bendy wire but Doc ock doesn't. 

I really want to know why they use different plastic for his torso than the rest of the figure and why its not shimmery like the rest. Why couldnt it all be molded with the same plastic? This is also apparent in the new First appearance wolverine thats coming out in a 2pack. The plastics are clearly different colors.

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

I really want to know why they use different plastic for his torso than the rest of the figure and why its not shimmery like the rest. Why couldnt it all be molded with the same plastic? This is also apparent in the new First appearance wolverine thats coming out in a 2pack. The plastics are clearly different colors.

Just noticed that.  It's weird.

8 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Scorpion did have a darker green for the gloves, boots and briefs in the comics (but not always- in Ms Marvel's first issue the outfit was all one color), but why the figure has glossy paint in some areas and matte in the other, I don't know. I'm looking forward to his arrival.....and hope that next time we'll get the original Vulture!

On 6/22/2019 at 7:20 AM, newcollector24680 said:

This Scorpion figure looks awesome and I'm definitely gonna get it. I just hope I can find a custom head with the other version of the mask with his mouth showing. Like the one they show on the back of the FREAKING BOX!!

The "covered mouth" costume is actually his original, classic look from his first appearance back in '64. He's had a few changes to the outfit (and there've been different people to use that name) over the years; I do believe Toybiz  put out a figure that did have the open mouth mask. Why  theyre using the open mouth on the box instead of the classic look, I couldn't tell you.

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

The "covered mouth" costume is actually his original, classic look from his first appearance back in '64. He's had a few changes to the outfit (and there've been different people to use that name) over the years; I do believe Toybiz  put out a figure that did have the open mouth mask. Why  they're using the open mouth on the box instead of the classic look, I couldn't tell you.

images01K0VVLQ.jpg

imagesN4RR189Q.jpg

I get that this mask actually existed but it doesn't make sense since this old 60s mask was only on the costume with the stinger-less tail. The new Hasbro figure has a stinger on the tail but has the wrong mask. The costume they made with the stinger is supposed to have an open-mouth mask. Or if they wanted to make the classic Scorpion then they should've given us a stinger-less tail, which would be lame.

2 hours ago, newcollector24680 said:

I get that this mask actually existed but it doesn't make sense since this old 60s mask was only on the costume with the stinger-less tail. The new Hasbro figure has a stinger on the tail but has the wrong mask. The costume they made with the stinger is supposed to have an open-mouth mask. Or if they wanted to make the classic Scorpion then they should've given us a stinger-less tail, which would be lame.

Its not just the stingerless tail that you mention. Hes had it with the stinger too with the mask.. The mask isnt just as his first appearence.. it shows up far more often than the maskless (which blows my mind as Im much more used to the maskless version and is my preferred version of him). 

scorp.jpg

6 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Its not just the stinger-less tail that you mention. Hes had it with the stinger too with the mask.. The mask ins't just as his first appearance.. it shows up far more often than the maskless (which blows my mind as I'm much more used to the maskless version and is my preferred version of him). 

scorp.jpg

I actually never knew that. I was also used to the mask that had his mouth showing. But ya know as his first appearance instead of his mouth not showing but still had a slit where you can see if he's talking, it should've been just a seamless mask. That would've been so cool.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, EvilHayato said:

Its not just the stingerless tail that you mention. Hes had it with the stinger too with the mask.. The mask isnt just as his first appearence.. it shows up far more often than the maskless (which blows my mind as Im much more used to the maskless version and is my preferred version of him). 

Yes, like I said before....he's had a number of changes/versions to his outfit over the years. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that the first time he's shown without the mouth covered, is because of a mistake by whatever artist/colorist.  Frankly I prefer the covered lower half of the mask version as its closest to the classic look. I mean, so many costumes  at the time and over the years went the traditional way....just thought it was quirky they took this one. But again, there's a figure out there that does have it with the mouth exposed.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yes, like I said before....he's had a number of changes/versions to his outfit over the years. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that the first time he's shown without the mouth covered, is because of a mistake by whatever artist/colorist.  Frankly I prefer the covered lower half of the mask version as its closest to the classic look. I mean, so many costumes  at the time and over the years went the traditional way....just thought it was quirky they took this one. But again, there's a figure out there that does have it with the mouth exposed.

0f01f8b20fbe91385805579ee00ff26c.jpg

6818253-scorpion%20legends.jpg

Yeah I have the OG toybiz one that you pictured.. i love the figure but I hate the articulation which makes him kind of articulate a bit awkwardly. He was one of my prized figs for a long time. I was hoping Hasbro would make a better rendition to dethrone it but I really dont like their new one. Not only because I dont like the shiny metal masked version but his size is too small and I dont know why they used different plastics for his ab and upper thigh regions. I remember seeing it when they first showed it at like SDCC or wherever and noticed it hoping that its just in the proto and wont transfer to the final release, which it did. :

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, EvilHayato said:

Yeah I have the OG toybiz one that you pictured.. i love the figure but I hate the articulation which makes him kind of articulate a bit awkwardly. He was one of my prized figs for a long time. I was hoping Hasbro would make a better rendition to dethrone it but I really dont like their new one. Not only because I dont like the shiny metal masked version but his size is too small and I dont know why they used different plastics for his ab and upper thigh regions. I remember seeing it when they first showed it at like SDCC or wherever and noticed it hoping that its just in the proto and wont transfer to the final release, which it did. :

Let me ask you: in your opinion, when Hasbro does this kind of thing (leaving out critical details, or adding odd choices, etc.) do you think its deliberate, or just sloppiness on their part?  I'm wondering.....

57 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Let me ask you: in your opinion, when Hasbro does this kind of thing (leaving out critical details, or adding odd choices, etc.) do you think its deliberate, or just sloppiness on their part?  I'm wondering.....

Honestly I think its them cutting costs and not realizing the inaccuracy. I also think they feel its minor gripes that is worth overlooking. And honestly they are kind of small gripes except for the size accuracy for me. But since they love to reuse parts constantly to cut costs, Id imagine that was definitely part of it. Altho Scorpion is technically a new mold so its kind of weird they went with such a small buck for him. I think they focused too much on the tail and didnt think a larger scale figure would work in the packaging without being a baf.