The ones that got away..

michiganjfrog

Hey guys! I just had an idea for a thread about the figures that got away from us, whether they were sold or traded or lost..what figures do you wish you still had?

for me the first thing that comes to mind is the MU 12" frost giant..i cant even remember what i traded it for years back but now i miss having it. and last i checked they were going for a hefty price

36 minutes ago, Satam said:

I've never parted with a figure that I wound up regretting I no longer had later.  I'd like to think I'm a pretty good judge of what I like and what I'll keep liking.   Sure I've regretted passing on a few figures, but that's the worst extent of it.

The same with me, I have not gotten rid of anything I regretted. I think this thread would of been more fun if it was in regards to the figures we passed on when we had a chance, and now can't find for a decent price or at all maybe, perhaps a figure we thought we didn't like at one point and just only recently realized how awesome they were. I can think of a lot of those that I intially passed on, and still can't get now I wish I hadn't passed on

I ended up picking up a loose extra Juggernaut-wave Cable not too long ago, because it was a good price that helped justify the shipping costs on another figure I was picking up from the same seller, basically making the shipping free based on what I knew I could reliably resell it for. As expected, I sold it without hassle. Less than a week later someone on here posted a picture of that Cable used as a body for the Reese head that comes with Skullbuster, and it looked awesome. I really wish I had kept it and had a cheap Reese, rather than free shipping on the other figure. I didn't even make money on it; just passed on the savings by reselling for the original price plus the original shipping on both figures. D'oh!

As far as figures that i passed on when i saw them on pegs and regretted it later, my list includes:

• Rogue
  • Electro (comic)
  • Chameleon
  • Silk
  • Daredevil (red costume)
  • Classic Spider-Woman
  • Hobgoblin
  • From DC - Clayface Wave Two-Face - passed the one time i saw him at msrp on amazon and he's never been there since. no interest in the figure really but for awhile there i was pretty hopeful i'd be able to complete Clayface. kind of lost interest now, though.

Missed out on a few sets like the Vision/Scarlet Witch 2-pack and the Dark Phoenix 2-pack (altho i bought Cyke loose off ebay).

There are some ebay auctions i've lost such as for Dormammu wave Iron Fist, the Annihilus BAF and MODOK BAF, also the Marvel Universe Frost Giant. I think i lost auctions for both the BAF Sentinel and the Marvel Universe Sentinel as well,  and i think i lost one for the darker Marvel Universe Galactus variant.  I can't keep track of the auctions i've lost for various DCUC figs i was trying to score cheap but that probably doesn't really count since i wasn't making very serious bids.

The ones that I think of are from a few years back, during a time when I wasn't collecting as much, the BAFs of Apocalypse of the Toy Biz era.  I got Wolverine but sold the part that came with him, then later got Bishop and again sold the Apocalypse part.  Wish I'd gotten all figs from that line, they were right there on the shelves.  My other ones are DC Classics from the same time, I remember seeing the Batman/Robin Toys R Us 2 pack with the animated series color scheme, I didn't get them at the time.  

A long time ago on these very forums, I traded my Toybiz Destroyer figurer for another Sentinel BAF, cuz I thought I needed no less than 3 for my display. Years later as I have less space in my display, my 3 Sentinel are in storage and Destroyer is the only figure (standard release) that's missing from my old Toybiz ML collection.

For me, it would be getting into Marvel Legends as soon as they started, I'm from Ecuador and the line got here pretty soon and they were in every toy store, but me, being just out of high school, was not into entering toy stores, so I missed them, years later I found out about the line and started buying the first waves and got into collecting since then

None really, most of what I regretted passing on, I've tracked down, stuff like Fin Fang Foom, Giant Man, and the Sentinel were all passes for me for one reason or another, but I've tracked down each of them.

If we're including ones we passed on then it was the entire Sentinel series for $8 each at the Walmart here back in '05.  I wasn't collecting Legends at the time, but I grabbed a blue Angel for a trade with a buddy of mine.
And I should have grabbed the Hasbro Rogue when I saw it just to sell or trade or something.

There are a few figs that come to mind that I really regret not buying when I saw them, I'm kicking myself

I still feel so stupid not buying Stryfe when he was all over the place back when he was released, TRU's had that whole wave, and I just said not interested enough 😧. I remember just passing up Cyclops as he was pegwarming at Wal-Mart, Not buying Ghost Rider at the con when I was about to.

wish I had bought Silk, Comic Cap Marvel, Zemo, Spider-Man 2099 (OG), Green And Hob Goblin, and that Damn GOTG Comic Box Set *face palm* I could have bought all of these in the Wild and I didn't at the time , Ares really is the one that got away because now I have a Gladiator Hulk missing that damn arm, I just want that arm

I can honestly say that I’ve never passed on a ML figure found in the wild and later regretted it and wasn’t able to go right back and pick it up.

Now, I sold my entire Toybiz ML collection in late 2007, which included all individual figures and the Sentinel BaF, only to regret it and restart said collection in 2012. 

So, that’s my story. 

1 hour ago, Marvel_Legends_935 said:

I mainly regret not collecting sooner, I want the hobgoblin so bad but I am not paying nearly $100 bucks for it

damn theyre that much now? add that to my list of regrets..

theres some figures like hobgoblin and kraven that I didn't get right off but figured I could pick them up later, then the price sky rockets =/

36 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

damn theyre that much now? add that to my list of regrets..

theres some figures like hobgoblin and kraven that I didn't get right off but figured I could pick them up later, then the price sky rockets =/

Yeah it's pretty crazy, and it's not just like that on eBay, it's like that on amazon too, some go for cheaper (but still like $70) and around $100, it sucks cause I have the teenage peter from this wave, but passed on the hobgoblin 

IMG_2439.PNG

IMG_2440.PNG

On 6/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, Marvel_Legends_935 said:

I mainly regret not collecting sooner, I want the hobgoblin so bad but I am not paying nearly $100 bucks for it

That is my regret as well.  Not getting into the line sooner.  

My biggest blunder/regret would have to be when I was at Five Below and they had the entire GotG vol. 2 wave (Mantis BAF) except for Gamora and I passed on them.  As you know they were all $5 each.  At that particular time I wasn't collecting any Marvel Legends figures at all.  But, even though that was the case I was really tempted.  It was almost the moment I would start collecting ML figures.   I had them all in my hands and decided to pass since I wouldn't have the complete wave and the Quill figure wasn't the version I preferred.  Really a bone-headed move.