Marvel Legends X-Men 6" Amazon Exclusive Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants 3-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

3 hours ago, Satam said:

Well, I know the helmets are different, but I thought there might have been using the same face "plug" or something.  Anyway, thanks.  Maybe the calm Magneto face would be more effective if it were the same one, even with the "kind eyes."  The faces on that older figure are absolutely fantastic.

The faces are very similar, but I'm pretty sure they're different. The old head seems a little more defined, and the sculpt seems different around the eyes. I think if the eyes on the new head were painted differently they'd look virtually identical, though.

I just got my set yesterday. Definitely amazing and pics definitely dont do them justice. Mags looks like he could still use some more bulk in his legs and his head occasionally looks a bit too big for his body but in other angles it looks fine so its really weird but still fantastic. All 3 are as great as anticipated. SWs head sculpt feels like a really good customizer made it. The only other nitpick is for some reason both my magneto and SW upper torso areas are slightly off from the main leg parts. SWs is darker shade and mags is glossy instead of matte. not a deal breaker of course, still great additions. 

I loved the previous Wanda, but this one is SO much better! The Magneto is great (and the previous unmasked head looks great on him too). No one has mentioned this (slight gripe), but the Quicksilver head is a bit off...should have been slightly smaller or set a bit higher on the neck... still a great figure though and I love that the face sculpts for like the last 40 figures look like it is the same artist producing them.

16 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Is it me or does Quicksilver's face look like Hasbro 'middle-aged' the Peter Parker headsculpt from the Spidey/ MJ 2 pack? Lol! 

Any how, great set and I cannot wait till it's in my hands!

I thought so to and while I don't have that figure or headsculpt I looked at images of it and don't think its the same.

I almost ordered this set online, but then decided to go with the Magneto One:12 figure for a few more dollars. I will miss out on the new Quicksilver and that nice Scarlet Witch, but I still have my original Hasbro Quicksilver and ML Scarlet witch. Oh and JayC, my Hasbro Quicksilver said he doesn't appreciate being called ugly. HAH, Great review and thanks again. 

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Airwalker: Is it me or does Quicksilver's face look like Hasbro 'middle-aged' the Peter Parker headsculpt from the Spidey/ MJ 2 pack? Lol!  -JC:  thought so to and while I don't have that figure or headsculpt I looked at images of it and don't think its the same.

Yes! You both are thinking similar to what I was thinking. When it was first hinted in a picture, I thought that was supposed to be an alternate unhelmeted  Magneto head. It looked older, but most importantly, was missing the twin tufts of hair Quicksilver has always had.  For some reason they've ditched that for this figure, and instead of the snowy white hair he's supposed to have, they went with a kind of light/slate gray. Yes, people can argue that no one's hair really grows like that, but he IS a mutant for whatever reason, that's the direction his genes took for his hair. Otherwise, good figure, good set; hope mine gets here this week.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

It doesn't technically have a name, I don't think.

Also, I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but this Quicksilver is really good at doing the robot. It has the right hands and all the right articulation.

It actually does have an official name. Its called "Family Matters" on the amazon listing page. 

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Yes! You both are thinking similar to what I was thinking. When it was first hinted in a picture, I thought that was supposed to be an alternate unhelmeted  Magneto head. It looked older, but most importantly, was missing the twin tufts of hair Quicksilver has always had.  For some reason they've ditched that for this figure, and instead of the snowy white hair he's supposed to have, they went with a kind of light/slate gray. Yes, people can argue that no one's hair really grows like that, but he IS a mutant for whatever reason, that's the direction his genes took for his hair. Otherwise, good figure, good set; hope mine gets here this week.

Its actually a Reed Richards head with a new hair mold. Even has the cocked eyebrow and smirk.  Really clever reuse. He also does have the 2 points. they are just not that apparent as they are in the comics. 

19 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, it's not listed on the packaging anywhere, though, so I figured it was more of a nickname.

Im not sure if any of the mutlipacks have ever had specific names on their packaging. But I could be wrong. I dont remember any specifically being called anything either which is interesting. Btw I didnt mean to respond like im some knowitall or anything so I hope I didnt come off that way. 

7 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Im not sure if any of the mutlipacks have ever had specific names on their packaging. But I could be wrong. I dont remember any specifically being called anything either which is interesting. Btw I didnt mean to respond like im some knowitall or anything so I hope I didnt come off that way. 

No worries! I didn't take offense.

Got this set today...OMG! I love it! Scarlet Witch is worth the price alone. My vote for best female head/hair sculpt up to this point!

Quicksilver can balance on one leg to look like he's running! Love the figure. His hair should be more white but I'll fix that myself.

Magneto...well he's just AWESOME!

NOW.. Bring on Toad and Mastermind!

Magneto and scarlet witch look amazing, that’s the figures we always wanted, finally! Wanda’s head sculpt is truly an amazing, however, I cannot say the same about Quicksilver, who has really big head which makes his body look even worse, it’s like he has no shoulders, it’s the exact opposite of toybiz super ball shoulders problem. 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, Spideyperson333 said:

I kinda prefer the 2015 scarlet Witch because of the costume and I wish they would glue that cape on magneto because it always seems off centered but at least we finally got a good classic magneto

I too prefer the 2015 Scarlet Witch because her outfit is red, as its supposed to be, and not "brick" with metallic pink. It is more comic accurate though, because she didnt wear thigh-high boots until much later. Also, the new headsculpt for her looks great, but because of the very stiff plastic they used, her head's almost unposeable.  Quicksilver really bugs me....why his hair is gray, and why they did away with the tufts is beyond me. Shaping the hair to make it look like he's speeding ahead, was a good touch. Also as others have noted, his head looks too big for the figure. My worst gripe about Magneto is that there are 2 plugs in his cape and only one in his back, and it doesn't let the cape hang as it should. Despite the criticisms, these are still great figures and worth your money. This is about the best comic book accurate version of Magneto's classic outfit I've seen, and I really like the translucent effects used this time around. Kudos.

I got to say i love how you reviewed these figures, i admit i usually not a person who goes for three or two packs for the most part cause i end up only wanting the set for just one characters for the most of time but this set seems to do alright since i like the three characters especially Scarlet Witch, plus since i never got the Odin Wave SW this might be my must for her, though I'm not much fan of the glimmery/metalic pink? On her but I still would get this set if i had the chance and money 🙂