Are There Any Other Far From Home Figures We Might Get?

Crossbones666

In the Far From Home wave we're getting Spider Man in his red and black suit, Spider Man's Stealth Suit, Mysterio, and Molten Man. Do you think/want Hasbro to release any other figures from the movie like Ned or Chameleon, if he shows up? Or Hydro Man or any of the other elemental? I only collect MCU figures so I'm always happy to get more characters no matter how small their role is.

19 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I just remembered that Hasbro did release that surprise second wave of Black Panther figures. I mostly forget that wave exists because it was a complete pass by me. I actually bought Klaw and returned it a week later. 

Shame that wave was a bit of a rush job

The Black Panther second wave was largely in response to the massive response Black Panther got at the Box Office.  I have no doubt Far From Home is going to be plenty successful, but I don't think it's going to be OMG Successful compared to other Marvel films. 

So no, I don't think we'll get another full wave.  As others have noted, maybe some two/multi-packs, but another wave is unlikely.

THEN AGAIN....

We're about to enter a bit of a "downtime" for Marvel movie releases.  There's supposedly an "unnamed Marvel Movie" for May 2020, which we'll probably find out about at SDCC (either Black Widow or Shang-Chi, from my understanding, outside chance of Eternals but that's probably late 2020 or Early 2021).  But that means early next year there's nada in the slot that Black Panther and Captain Marvel previously released in, nor is there anything in the "late in the year" slot this year that Dr. Strange or Thor: Ragnarok released in.  It's doubtful Hasbro's going to pause the firehose of product they've been blasting at us, so that does leave the door open for additional waves, though I suspect the most likely option is that The Avengers are going to become an "evergreen" line like Spider-Man and X-Men.

That, and the 80th product also seems timed to fill that gap to a large extent.

I dunno.  I think March or so of next year (when product for the next movie hits) will be here before we know it.  We're getting flooded with so much product this year that I think it's going to speed right on by.

You're not wrong about the post-Endgame phase, though.  I've heard a lot of people speaking sentiments that they kinda feel like they're "done" with Marvel.  I'm by no means counting them out, but I think they may not have another "ultra-mega hit" until Black Panther 2 or Guardians 3, and beyond that until the X-Men and maybe Fantastic Four get remade.  Though the stink on Dark Phoenix may have set back the X-Men reboot by another couple years.

49 minutes ago, Innershade said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a two pack featuring two of the following :
-
a repaint Spider-man with an unmasked face
- Mysterio with an unmasked face
- Happy Hogan
- Ned
- Nick Fury

I really hope we don't see a Happy Hogan and or a Ned, I'm pretty tired already of seeing Hasbro poop out stupid civilian characters from the MCU at such a speed-run rate this few years, maybe it's just me but I never would want to look at a shelf with Everett Ross and Luis in it, and thats just the start , people are that into being so "complete" they want even a figure that is so un-fun it's Actor in a business suit, even things like Captain Marvel wave young Nick fury just erk me (even though I know it was an integral character in movie), Never as a collector at any ages do I want such boring cop-out pieces , but that's me , I just think we could easily fill these "cop-out" slots with actually cool figs, but I apologize I am not knocking those who desire these figs, I just really don't like them

With how poorly received that Molten Man BaF has been (I too think it looks awful, like it belongs in the basic line), I very seriously doubt that Hasbro will release any further BaFs or standard figures based on the remaining MCU iterations of the elemental villains. I mean, unless they manage some sort of repaint or something. With that said, I don’t feel that there are enough characters remaining from that film to fill a second wave. Now, I wouldn’t be too surprised if additional Sony/MCU Spider-Man characters from the first two films are released in later waves, but likely just one or two here and there. Again, I reiterate that any additional FFH releases are very likely, if at all, going to be released via fan channel multi-packs. That’s how Hasbro tends to squeeze dollars out of their afterthoughts. 

9 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

It might be the first universally disliked BaF.

Hey! If anyone reading this likes the FFH Molten Man BaF, please sound off. I’m actually curious. 

I don't hate it, I think it's kind of creative and shows Hasbro is willing to take risks, which is kind of cool.  I also won't say it's my favorite BAF either, there's a lot of problems in the execution. It's definitely one of my least favorites, but it has company in the form of that original MCU Ultron, Titus, Space Knight Venom, and Arnim Zola. I just have a hard time hating it, when Hasbro took a real leap putting this one out there, and in my eyes, the BAF is a bonus figure.

The rest of the wave is strong enough that I don't regret purchasing any of them, can't say the same for the Endgame Wave or Kingpin Wave, and I skipped Black Panther and Captain Marvel's Waves, speaking of which, that Kree Sentry is a pretty universally hated BAF, so this isn't Hasbro's first misstep.    

1 hour ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

It might be the first universally disliked BaF.

Hey! If anyone reading this likes the FFH Molten Man BaF, please sound off. I’m actually curious. 

I'm curious about it, I don't dislike it yet. I want to get it, but am only REALLY interested in the MCU figures from the wave. With all that's coming out, I might have to pass on it and just buy Mysterio and have to skip it. 

I am more interested in this than Caliban and Wendigo, for example, but that's just because I collect MCU mainly.