Far from home wave

fnafjohnnylind

personally the selection if great (I always say Hasbro beats Toybiz in their character selections). We have classic character like Hydro Man and Scorpion, a fantastic remake of Julia Carpenter, mediocre Doppelganger (body selection aside), A great design stealth suit spidey and a fantastic Mysterio. The only let downs were normal Spidey and the BAF.

Hard to say, since I don't have it in hand yet.  But primarily as a Spider-Man Legends collector I'll say it's a strong wave, much better than the Kingpin wave for getting needed updates, re-dos and first time entries out.  My only gripes are the two MCU Spider-Man figures and Molten Man, since I'd like to see more comic based Spidey figures, but overall I don't think any of them look bad from the promo shots.  And I could never complain about that awesome looking MCU Mysterio.  

On the topic of Doppelganger, we all knew they were going to saddle us with that awful multi-arm body, there's no point in complaining about it, all that's needed to be said about it has been said when Six Armed Spidey was released.  I for one though am happy to have the character in my collection in any way that I can.  Just Shriek and Carrion to go and the Carnage Family will be complete.  

4 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Hopefully they perfect that multi-armed buck before they make a Spiral.

in all fairness, look at where Spirals arms are coming out. All near the shoulders. Now low at all the Multiarmed spideys. Down along his body. there is a whole half a body that they can add POA to Spiral but not for Spidey.

BAF looks like a hot steaming metallic turd.  Otherwise I'd rate the wave "above average" to "good."  Two decent MCU Spideys (I know, we have enough Spideys, but they're not gonna put out a movie wave without the main character), a very cool looking MCU Mysterio, nice updates to Scorpion and Arachne/Julia Carpenter, and a pretty bad Doppelganger (who is also I character I personally could care less about, but still).

By comparison to the preceding Spider-Man wave:

Exceptional BAF.  Three good-to-excellent versions of not-recently (or ever!) made supporting characters (Silver Sable, Puma, Night Thrasher), one OK "modern costume" update for another supporting character (Black Cat) and one "cool but lacking (a Goblin Glider)" Red Goblin, and a pretty superfluous Spider-Man (but one that goes with Red Goblin and fills the "we need a Spider-Man in this wave" criteria).  Oh, and a pretty bad Six-Arm Spider-Man, but he doesn't come with a BAF piece so bonus point for making him completely optional.

So I'd rate the Kingpin wave somewhat better, but that doesn't make the Far From Home wave bad by any stretch.  A couple of the figures could have been "perfect" with some additions (Alt head for Puma, for example, maybe an unmasked for Night Thrasher too).

(Personally I'd have put Nu-Symbiote Spidey and Red Goblin out in a two-pack with the Glider and filled those slots with other characters, even if one of them was a different Spider-Man variant)

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

in all fairness, look at where Spirals arms are coming out. All near the shoulders. Now low at all the Multiarmed spideys. Down along his body. there is a whole half a body that they can add POA to Spiral but not for Spidey.

I think the Red Hulk wave Spiral got things very right.  I could never find it in stores, so I don't know how the articulation is, but I always like the look of it, the shoulder area, in particular.

3 minutes ago, Satam said:

I think the Red Hulk wave Spiral got things very right.  I could never find it in stores, so I don't know how the articulation is, but I always like the look of it, the shoulder area, in particular.

Ditto. I never got the figure either but the one thing I hope Hasbro improves on is the small head from that old figure. Removeable helmets seem to always have that problem

32 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

BAF looks like a hot steaming metallic turd.  Otherwise I'd rate the wave "above average" to "good."  Two decent MCU Spideys (I know, we have enough Spideys, but they're not gonna put out a movie wave without the main character), a very cool looking MCU Mysterio, nice updates to Scorpion and Arachne/Julia Carpenter, and a pretty bad Doppelganger (who is also I character I personally could care less about, but still).

By comparison to the preceding Spider-Man wave:

Exceptional BAF.  Three good-to-excellent versions of not-recently (or ever!) made supporting characters (Silver Sable, Puma, Night Thrasher), one OK "modern costume" update for another supporting character (Black Cat) and one "cool but lacking (a Goblin Glider)" Red Goblin, and a pretty superfluous Spider-Man (but one that goes with Red Goblin and fills the "we need a Spider-Man in this wave" criteria).  Oh, and a pretty bad Six-Arm Spider-Man, but he doesn't come with a BAF piece so bonus point for making him completely optional.

So I'd rate the Kingpin wave somewhat better, but that doesn't make the Far From Home wave bad by any stretch.  A couple of the figures could have been "perfect" with some additions (Alt head for Puma, for example, maybe an unmasked for Night Thrasher too).

(Personally I'd have put Nu-Symbiote Spidey and Red Goblin out in a two-pack with the Glider and filled those slots with other characters, even if one of them was a different Spider-Man variant)

Don’t forget Hyrdro-man! That’s probably my favorite figure of the current Spider-Man wave.

Also, could that 6-armed buck be altered and used for Forearm, since his arms come out of his shoulder and torso?

I think it's a decent enough wave, I personally think that it does a good job of filling some greatly needed comic characters such as Scorpion, Hydro Man, Doppelganger and Julia Spider-Woman and they all look great for what they are (cause I think the fans of Hydro-Man are happy, I don't like him). The Mysterio is really nice as well, the two Spider-Man are the only things I find boring in this wave but are a must of course, since its a FFH Spider-Man wave, so they have to exist

As an overall wave it's good, worth having for a Spidey Collector mainly, and less as a full comic Universe collector, I personally however could care less about having a Hydro-man (I know I'm one of the few), plus I also find it to be a lame looking figure but that's me, Scorpion is not how I'd have liked him to look (rather the Open Mask) but hey it works well and In person looks nice, The best things for me about this wave was Julia and Doppelganger, I know people are slagging the Doppelganger but I love it, I am not concered about the ab-crunchless buck used, I don't think with the arm positiong an ab-crunch would have be possible (I mean it is but.. they couldn't figure it out) but thats not important to me it's the look, and I've wanted a Doppel ML forever (but I mean i love the character so thats me), The two Spideys are unwanted for me (Stealth Suit is too much like SM Noir, I'd rather not spend the money and just be happy with Noir), and Mysterio while fantastic looking is none necessity to me since I love the comic one and I'm happy to soley on that.

The BAF at first was something I was very interested in , but as time went on I felt I would pass on building it, don't like the aesthetic really looks blobby and unappealing

is the wave worth buying, I'd say No inless you are a completest , I think it's better off being a cherry pickers wave , buy the ones you want.  7 out of 10

52 minutes ago, Spideyperson333 said:

I agree with everyone u said except I don’t like the Mysterio suit I wish they went for something more simple and the only thing I don’t like about the stealth suit is the lack of a spider symbol

yea I don't like the lack of symbol either, but in the movie I think they say they didn't want him to appear as Spider-Man to the public or something

2 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

yea I don't like the lack of symbol either, but in the movie I think they say they didn't want him to appear as Spider-Man to the public or something

Pretty sure it's also an homage to the Spider-Man Noir suit, which has no symbol.

4 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Don’t forget Hyrdro-man! That’s probably my favorite figure of the current Spider-Man wave.

Also, could that 6-armed buck be altered and used for Forearm, since his arms come out of his shoulder and torso?

Ah!  Yes, Hydro Man is another nice one.  Even if I'd prefer he came with some "normal" arms too, it's only a slight preference since without the water arms and leg attachments he's just "Black T-Shirt Guy."  Not nearly as recognizable in his "fully human" form as Sandman or Absorbing Man.

So far I have only seen Dooplegang Spidey in the wild, but no one else from the wave.  I picked up the black spy suit Spidey on eBay without the BAF piece.  I am hoping to find Scorpion and Mysterio in the wild.  I have no desire for the BAF so I may pick them up on eBay if I can find them cheaper than retail.  

Personally,  i like this wave more than the Kingpin wave.  Wish we could somehow switch the BAFs for the Spidey waves as I really wanted Kingpin but only wanted Puma and Silver Sable. from the wave.  Only really planning to get Scorpion and Hydro-Man from this wave but with a more compelling BAF I might've been sold on getting the whole set... perhaps the movie will change my mind  about Molten Man though.  MCU Mysterio and Spider-woman both look great but aren't must-have for me.  Still undecided about two spidey figs.

Haven't seen this wave in the wild anywhere yet.

It's not usually the MCU figures that clog pegs around here, with a few exceptions (Wasp springs to mind, despite being a very good figure).  Usually it's the c-list comic characters that stick around much longer.  Pretty sure I could still find Speed Demon, Malekith, Paladin, or Speedo Namor (and maybe Black Bolt) without looking too hard.

Genis-Vell and Gray Gargoyle don't seem to be flying off shelves either, though to be fair the main Carol figure and Young Nick Fury really seem to be the only figures from that line selling consistently outside the exclusives.