Marvel legends Demogoblin possibly coming soon?

leokearon

My local comic shop sent me  alist of whats being released next week and on of the things was Marvel Spider-Man Legends 6in Demogoblin AF, of courrse I was confused and decided to check it online. They of course meant the Doppelganger figure, but interestingly when I did put Marvel legends Demogoblin into Google, it showed the Doppelganger figure, but it was called Demogoblin even on the official Hasbro site. So could we be getting Demogoblin soon, or will this be like Scourge and D-Man

https://marvel.hasbro.com/da-dk/product/marvel-spider-man-legends-series-6-inch-demogoblin-spider-man-collectible-figure:DC06ABFE-1C93-4E5C-8DB8-E62A45E4A8AE

22 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Demogoblin is such an obvious release that I’m surprised it’s taken them this long. My only guess is that they didn’t want to wear out that buck too fast so they spaced it out.

Probably, that's one of the reasons Doppelganger didn't use the Pizza Spidey mold

I feel confident in saying Demogoblin is waiting to get released, I remember he was slated to be part of the Lizard wave last year, until the wave launched and it was Lasher in this place, so I think they have the figure ready to go they are just waiting on the right wave

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel confident in saying Demogoblin is waiting to get released, I remember he was slated to be part of the Lizard wave last year, until the wave launched and it was Lasher in this place, so I think they have the figure ready to go they are just waiting on the right wave

That's right, it was the Lizard wave.  Seems kinda odd he'd get bumped twice now.

56 minutes ago, Satam said:

That's right, it was the Lizard wave.  Seems kinda odd he'd get bumped twice now.

Yeah I remember seeing that the wave assortment initially had included Demogoblin (Rektangular probably leaked the computer stock info), and then by the time we got the wave Lasher was in his spot, seems mighty odd that they would be waiting so long for him, because he easily could have been included in Kingpin wave and bumped out anyone, inless Demogoblin is code for "unknown monster-like villian" as we know they like these odd codes in initial stock info. Anyway I would love a Demogoblin figure at some point

8 minutes ago, Satam said:

It would be extra weird to use a code that's the name of an actual character as a generic placeholder for another character.

I'm only speculating on the whole "code name placeholder" idea , just judging from the facts that in the Lizard wave, Demogoblin was replaced by Lasher (random monster-like villian), and then again replaced with Doppelganger (again ranom monster like villain)

also as OP showed us

https://marvel.hasbro.com/da-dk/product/marvel-spider-man-legends-series-6-inch-demogoblin-spider-man-collectible-figure:DC06ABFE-1C93-4E5C-8DB8-E62A45E4A8AE

I do believe we have seen this "generic code name" blunder before I can't be certain where but I feel as though it's been done, and yes it's been I.E. : Captain America , and yet it was say Falcon (just loose association) probably because they are unsure of the wave until it's been determined shipped and stocked

but I don't know

16 minutes ago, Satam said:

And noobody is saying that your speculation is wrong.  Just that it would be extra weird.

oh no doubt it seems really weird, and I hope it's not just some weird business and actually means Demogoblin is somewhere in the pipeline, just got passed on to another Spidey Wave

2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Actually that previous monster hobgoblin from toy biz that was later repainted as demogoblin was pretty sweet sculpt, yes, articulation was dated but still one of the most impressive sculpts. Hope hasbro will deliver on sculpting and it won’t simple repaint of previous hobgoblin. 

To be honest i highly doubt Hasbro will make a new sculpt they’ll probably just do a repaint which kinda sucks but the hobgoblin mold is pretty cool so😐 

36 minutes ago, DailyVO said:

I'm curious how they'd go about a Demogoblin, too, but I really hope it's more than just a hobgoblin repaint. If they could give him a more tattered hood and cape, and a demonic face with needle teeth, I'd be so happy! (Huge bonus points if they included a flaming goblin glider! Or any glider for that matter!)

He would probably be a hobgoblin repaint, maybe with different legs and belt. of course Flaming gilder is a must

14 hours ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

I believe a hobgoblin repaint would work if they did a good job on the paint aps and retooling where needed they could get away with it

Oh, totally! I should've clarified I think they should use the goblin/knight body, and go with a different head sculpt and more tattered cape. And of course flame glider.

Funny story: I once bought a Toybiz 10" Demogoblin, not because I liked the figure (the headsculpt had more of a "zombie" quality similar to the hobgoblin than my preferred "demonic jack-o-lantern" look) but it was the only 10" goblin that came with a glider. Put that under my 90's Spider-man Green Goblin, and I was in display heaven!

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

I digibashed Demogoblin just using the Hobgoblin mold, (no alterations) and I think it looks pretty good. Yes the glider isn't right, but hopefully a proper release will come with a flaming glider.

spacer.png

This is awesome, I would be happy with this even though it's just a re-paint of Hobgoblin w/Demonic Head

I mean this is what i would expect this figure to look like when released anyways ,perfecto I wouldn't complain

p.s. I'm still loving these Digibashes Leokearon , I want to see more, way more

7 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This is awesome, I would be happy with this even though it's just a re-paint of Hobgoblin w/Demonic Head

I mean this is what i would expect this figure to look like when released anyways ,perfecto I wouldn't complain

p.s. I'm still loving these Digibashes Leokearon , I want to see more, way more

It's want I'm expected it will look like, though with a proper glider, maybe a new belt as well.

Glad you enjoy my Digibashs, I mostly do Transformers Digibashs, but all my art can be seen on my DeviantArt page

3 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It's want I'm expected it will look like, though with a proper glider, maybe a new belt as well.

Glad you enjoy my Digibashs, I mostly do Transformers Digibashs, but all my art can be seen on my DeviantArt page

Ha thanks dude yeah, I will enjoy checking out your page. appreciate the share