Marvel legends Demogoblin possibly coming soon?

leokearon

I personally think Demogoblin is gonna be on an all new sculpt or a highly retooled version of the Urich Goblin mold. Demogoblin was one of Toybiz's better efforts and this one just strikes me as one the team is taking specific interest in outdoing Toybiz on. I think maybe they pulled it out a few times with the intention of making it the centerpiece of a wave rather than have it crammed in a wave with Mysterio and Prowler in the Lizard wave or Hydro Man and Scorpion in the Molten Man wave, and of course you can't put him in the same wave as the Red Goblin. They'll get more mileage if they can place him with another much demanded villain (Vulture, maybe) in a wave and surround them with a bunch repaints and reused bucks.

11 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I personally think Demogoblin is gonna be on an all new sculpt or a highly retooled version of the Urich Goblin mold. Demogoblin was one of Toybiz's better efforts and this one just strikes me as one the team is taking specific interest in outdoing Toybiz on. I think maybe they pulled it out a few times with the intention of making it the centerpiece of a wave rather than have it crammed in a wave with Mysterio and Prowler in the Lizard wave or Hydro Man and Scorpion in the Molten Man wave, and of course you can't put him in the same wave as the Red Goblin. They'll get more mileage if they can place him with another much demanded villain (Vulture, maybe) in a wave and surround them with a bunch repaints and reused bucks.

Why would they retool the Urich BAF when he's a version of Macendale. As shown they just need to repaint the figure, give him a flaming glider, and change a few parts and done.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Why would they retool the Urich BAF when he's a version of Macendale. As shown they just need to repaint the figure, give him a flaming glider, and change a few parts and done.

I assume it's because the Urich BaF is lankier and less human in appearance, maybe? That would put it more in the ballpark of the Toybiz release, as well. But, that's all assuming that Hasbro actually cares to specifically outdo that version of the figure. Tbh, I always wondered if Hasbro would even release a standalone Demogoblin since they released that alternate head with Hobgoblin. I figured they may have just expected us to make our own and move on. 

8 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I assume it's because the Urich BaF is lankier and less human in appearance, maybe? That would put it more in the ballpark of the Toybiz release, as well. But, that's all assuming that Hasbro actually cares to specifically outdo that version of the figure. Tbh, I always wondered if Hasbro would even release a standalone Demogoblin since they released that alternate head with Hobgoblin. I figured they may have just expected us to make our own and move on. 

Given they have used the name twice as a placeholder seems to suggest they maybe thinking of it. Also we haven't gotten a proper Demogoblin from Hasbro yet, just a possessed Macendale

14 hours ago, leokearon said:

They could totally go the bargain basement route and just do the repaint. Hell, even use the same alternate head sculpt. Most everyone would agree it's probably the most economical way for Hasbro to go so it wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'm only speculating based on the fact that Toybiz's was so good and it just struck me as one of those projects like Beast, Gambit and Doc Ock. It took them so long to do these cuz they wanted to be exceptional, not just good.

1 minute ago, monron999 said:

They could totally go the bargain basement route and just do the repaint. Hell, even use the same alternate head sculpt. Most everyone would agree it's probably the most economical way for Hasbro to go so it wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'm only speculating based on the fact that Toybiz's was so good and it just struck me as one of those projects like Beast, Gambit and Doc Ock. It took them so long to do these cuz they wanted to be exceptional, not just good.

Maybe, but Demogoblin isn't a big a character as Beast, Gambit and Doc Ock, so I don't see why they would be putting a massive amount of effort as they did with those characters. Especially when the characters that "took" his place were done on the cheap anyways