Why can’t I find good marvel legends on my stores

Pablo

yeh a lot of us get that similar situation even i had it, i guess that can explain why they keep making Cap America, Iron Man or Spider-Man figure in certain waves :p. but yeh it makes sense that it is not much a stock line compared to the more kid friendly toylines, still i'd love to get a decent Deadpool figure i'm looking for qwq.

Because hard core collectors (and/or scalpers)  frequent the stores enough and snatch up all the figures you are looking for.  On my most recent trip to Walmart, for example, I saw the remnants of the latest Endgame Hulk BAF wave.  Only 2 War Machines, 1 Shuri, and 1 Loki were left.  I had popped in on Friday and I went back again on Sunday only to find the leftovers.  Normally it's just a bunch of Cul Obisidan BAF peg-warmers along with a ton of Gwenpools.

I even saw a couple of sets of the Caliban BAF wave figures blow through that Walmart in just a few days.  Someone who may go only on the weekend would have never known they had them at one point.

I find that if I go often enough and try to mix up my schedule I usually find everything I am after eventually.

Several years ago I was out hunting (midwestern U.S.) and saw that whatever the newest wave was had been stocked, but was completely cleared out.  At the end of each empty peg was a sticker advertising the scumbag's Ebay store.  Hunting had already long ago turned frustrating by that time, but that was pretty much the last straw for me.  I don't hunt in the real world anymore.  If I'm in Target or whatever, I'll walk by and see what's what.  Other than that, I'm online these days.  And even so, I still refuse to feed the scalpers.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Several years ago I was out hunting (midwestern U.S.) and saw that whatever the newest wave was had been stocked, but was completely cleared out.  At the end of each empty peg was a sticker advertising the scumbag's Ebay store.  Hunting had already long ago turned frustrating by that time, but that was pretty much the last straw for me.  I don't hunt in the real world anymore.  If I'm in Target or whatever, I'll walk by and see what's what.  Other than that, I'm online these days.  And even so, I still refuse to feed the scalpers.

Same. If by some chance I'm at a store or go by  a store, or am at the mall or whatever, I do walk around the aisles. But I stopped actively hunting toys at stores. 

I recommend, if you do want to keep doing it, that you bond with the store keepers. I've found most don't care as long as the product is sold, but you'll find some that don't encourage scalping and want to help the average collector as much as they can. I got the whole Hulk wave the day it was stocked because they sent me a text it was at the store already.

It's important, though, that if you do manage to get that knowledge from the stores you don't abuse it and start scalping and selling, because you turn to the dark side.

GameStop is the only store I have found in the Denver area that consistently has what I am looking for and if they don’t they have the figure they will call another store and have it shipped to my local store.  GameStop charges a few bucks more, but well worth not having to drive around like a maniac hitting up Walmarts and Targets every other day.  

12 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

GameStop is the only store I have found in the Denver area that consistently has what I am looking for and if they don’t they have the figure they will call another store and have it shipped to my local store.  GameStop charges a few bucks more, but well worth not having to drive around like a maniac hitting up Walmarts and Targets every other day.  

That's cool, shame Irish Gamestops don't sell Marvel Legends expect once in a blue moon

I think retailers, like Hasbro are leaning towards maximizing their production output based on demand.  And having it pre-ordered on e-stores satisfies their manufacturing projections. This gives the brick and mortar stores less inventory in the process. Only if shipping cost were manageable we'd order online by the cases and split the spoils! 

36 minutes ago, tudortiger2000 said:

I think retailers, like Hasbro are leaning towards maximizing their production output based on demand.  And having it pre-ordered on e-stores satisfies their manufacturing projections. This gives the brick and mortar stores less inventory in the process. Only if shipping cost were manageable we'd order online by the cases and split the spoils! 

It is a factor, both Hasbro and Takara used pre-orders to see if making some larger products would even be worth it. Also with their plan to allow retailers to order individual figures instead of waves to restock, seems they are faving the e-tailers more.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely prefer the hunt and take part in it at least once a week, but it’s absolutely not an option for everyone. Gas costs and time spent are high. If you’re finding that you can’t find product on shelves, and you’re already hunting as often as possible, then I’d say you’d be smart to turn to online shopping and pre orders. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, MonsterChris said:

Well said. If scalpers are the only option, then Hasbro and these stores need to know we will walk away. I refuse to pay those prices. Before Toys R Us went out of business here, it was a wasteland for finding Marvel Legends, including figures that had been made EXCLUSIVE to trs. I could always got to Target or Fred Meyer (dept stores) and get them; I personally despise wm and the one time I broke down to go there and use their online site, it was another failure.

I would recommend BBTS or Amazon.