Who Else Needs a Classic version?

tarot

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

My thoughts exactly. Yes, the curvier body mold for Rogue, Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, Gamorra, seems to have gone away...but I haven't seen an explanation. All we get is guys on message boards like this spewing that the reason is "censorship" and "pc" and the like.

Frankly, I suspect it maybe takes more plastic per unit to produce a figure on the curvier mold and the real reason we see it so infrequently now is as a cost-saving measure.  Who was the last figure to use that one?  Scream?  They really should be using it for at least Black Cat, The Invisible Woman, and Jean Grey, too.

*Edited: more plastic, not less.  Duh.

42 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Frankly, I suspect it maybe takes less plastic per unit to produce a figure on the curvier mold and the real reason we see it so infrequently now is as a cost-saving measure.  Who was the last figure to use that one?  Scream?  They really should be using it for at least Black Cat, The Invisible Woman, and Jean Grey, too.

Is not about less plastic, is about Disney new politics of woman "no sexualization" and others, they are getting really though, I use to work in a 20th Century Fox project and the censorship once Disney got it was brutal!

I've seen a ton of great ideas in this thread that I want, but I will limit it to...

Top 10 Most Wanted Classic Comic Heroes

1. The Falcon
  2. She-Hulk
  3. Doctor Strange
  4. Captain Marvel II (Monica Rambeau)
  5. Yellowjacket
  6. Hercules
  7. Gamora
  8. Adam Warlock
  9. Luke Cage
  10. Iron Fist

Top 10 Most Wanted Classic Comic Villains

1. Ultron
  2. Kang the Conqueror
  3. Red Skull
  4. The Mole Man
  5. Annihilus
  6. Mephisto
  7. Nightmare
  8. Princess Python
  9. Attuma
  10. Skurge the Executioner

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Okay, cite a source, dude.

I-dont-believe-you.thumb.png.b8677fc59dd286df70e3223313cb7e2b.png

EXACTLY. What did I just say??  Until we have an official statement from someone in authority from Hasbro who can verify this, its all just speculation. Repeating the speculation over and over, no matter how many people believe it, doesn't make it more valid.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Classic Perez Ultron is my #1 villain want

Ultron-8-to-12-Marvel-Comics-Avengers.jpg

Classic Ultron is my most wanted villain, too, with Classic (Kirby or Buscema) Kang the Conqueror in second place. I love that we get also-ran baddies like Living Laser and Gray Gargoyle, but there's a definite lack of heavy hitters and arch nemeses.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Classic Ultron is my most wanted villain, too, with Classic (Kirby or Buscema) Kang the Conqueror in second place. I love that we get also-ran baddies like Living Laser and Gray Gargoyle, but there's a definite lack of heavy hitters and arch nemeses. 

That 'Glow stick was not the version of Living Laser that I was hoping for, I wanted this classic version of him for a classic Masters of evil 1 team. Hopefully we get him done in some future IM comic wave line.

Living-Laser-.jpg

4 hours ago, Gigantor said:

That 'Glow stick was not the version of Living Laser that I was hoping for, I wanted this classic version of him for a classic Masters of evil 1 team. Hopefully we get him done in some future IM comic wave line.

Living-Laser-.jpg

I liked the Living Laser but he should have come with some Laser effects. Still a Classic Laser would be cool to see as well

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Living-Laser-.jpg

Nine times out of ten, I'd be right there with you, but Living Laser is one time when I actually prefer that he looks like an energy being. (Not the case with someone like Electro, though... weird.) 

Anyway, the Melter had a similar costume to Laser, at least as far as color scheme and pattern. 

spacer.png

On 7/11/2019 at 6:24 PM, memocromatico said:

Marvel-Legends-Emma-Frost.thumb.jpg.f0fabcb2723c0448f41986f6ef84c317.jpgYeah... I dunno... this came out this month. I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe exaggerating. 

Maybe there's something to it, maybe not, but you can make the argument that she is showing a lot of skin, but anyone who has (or has even seen) the figure knows she has been very obviously "uncurved" on one of the character's most prominent "assets". Not being a "perv" but if they'd had somehow combined the accuracy of the Puck wave figure and the quality of this figure, it woulda been just that much better. It's a great figure with an amazing head sculpt but things like this and also the abandonment of the Moonstone mold and the lack of a very classic character such as Tigra (guarantee, she will get the bodysuit treatment) at least give the impression that there is an effort to tone down the female figures. There is no proof, nobody's offered an official statement, and any time on of the creative team has been cornered with the question they've been able to masterfully sidestep the issue.

I'm sure someone's ready to blast out with the Angela figure and that's a great argument, but that was one great effort from a few years ago and it's been downhill ever since.

17 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Nine times out of ten, I'd be right there with you, but Living Laser is one time when I actually prefer that he looks like an energy being. (Not the case with someone like Electro, though... weird.) 

Anyway, the Melter had a similar costume to Laser, at least as far as color scheme and pattern. 

spacer.png

I want both a classic Living Laser & classic Melter sporting those exact costumes. Both classic Ironman villains who are long over due. Hasbro needs to do a classic Ironman series. they can easily get about 3 waves worth of classic Ironman armors done it it plus long overdue IM baddies. 3 BAFs in the waves could be our long awaited classic 80s Crimson Dynamo, classic 70s Titanium man or 80S armored version plus Ursa Major to add more Soviet super soldiers to go along with Red Guardian & hopefully the 2 big Green & red armored Russians CD/TM.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

I want both a classic Living Laser & classic Melter sporting those exact costumes. Both classic Ironman villains who are long over due. Hasbro needs to do a classic Ironman series. they can easily get about 3 waves worth of classic Ironman armors done it it plus long overdue IM baddies. 3 BAFs in the waves could be our long awaited classic 80s Crimson Dynamo, classic 70s Titanium man or 80S armored version plus Ursa Major to add more Soviet super soldiers to go along with Red Guardian & hopefully the 2 big Green & red armored Russians CD/TM.

A classic Melter would be cool, then he and Blizzard could do their fire and ice combo

1. Hercules - the one with the chest harness and didn't skip leg day.

2. Falcon - any Falcon, just pick one, any one will do for now. Somehow I think if they just get the wings outta the way once, they'll start to do the many various versions of him.

3. She-Hulk - you know, the funny one, when her comics were good. I know they did one in the TRU exclusive, but that saw very limited release and many fans did not locate one or were not interested in the other characters enough to make that purchase.

4. Ultron - it's funny how we have like 50 Thanos' (yes, I'm exaggerating) in both comic and MCU styles, yet a major baddie like Ultron gets the shaft. And that kitbash using that weirdo Ultimate Beetle body mold doesn't count.

5. Tigra - again, it's inconceivable why this one hasn't been (re)done, unless you subscribe to a lot of our belief that the female characters are being censored. Either way, I imagine there's probably some issue with trying to get a curvy woman in a string bikini out for mass release, though I'd love Hasbro to prove me wrong. At this point a Walgreens, Gamestop or Fan Channel exclusive would be alright as well.

6. Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) - inexplicably exiled from the wave of the movie that took his namesake, this one has gotta get some love somewhere. Maybe there's enough separation from the Captain Marvel movie now that he might make it into the Eternals wave.

7. Ms. Marvel - never gonna happen cuz we are never to acknowledge that the CAPTAIN was a mere Ms. at one time. Still it would be nice if we could at least do a Dark Ms. Marvel.

8. Quasar - He was done in 4 inch form and they did a fine job. Again, maybe this one can make it into the Eternals wave.

9. Kang - another heavy hitting baddie that gets zero love. One figure in how many years, and it was a terrible figure at that. Time to right this wrong, Hasbro.

10. Destroyer - to continue the trend of disrespected villains, no comic version, no MCU version, nothing at all though he played a major role in the Thor movie. At a time where we are actually running out of "Bigs" to be used as the BAF, this one is long overdue.

Of course, there are others such as Yellowjacket, Android Human Torch, Mole Man and others, but these are the most blaring cases. Also notice that there are very few X-Men on most lists. That's because with the lack of obligatory movie figures that dominate most movie waves Hasbro has managed to tackle most demands to the point they are actually delving into specific story lines like AOA. We should relish that fact and appreciate at it cuz once the movies start coming out the X-Men will be in the same boat.

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Hasbro needs to do a classic Ironman series. they can easily get about 3 waves worth of classic Ironman armors done it it plus long overdue IM baddies. 3 BAFs in the waves could be our long awaited classic 80s Crimson Dynamo, classic 70s Titanium man or 80S armored version plus Ursa Major to add more Soviet super soldiers to go along with Red Guardian & hopefully the 2 big Green & red armored Russians CD/TM.

I totally agree. Three waves of six figures is easily doable. On the hero/Iron Man armor side, possible versions include

• First Appearance Iron Man (either gray or gold)
  • Silver Centurion
  • Stealth armor
  • '90s cartoon version (the one that looked like he had shoulder pads and red legs)
  • Heroes Reborn version
  • Marvel Now version
  • War Machine
  • Rescue

On the villain side, you've got

• The Mandarin
  • Madame Masque
  • Crimson Dynamo (first appearance doesn't have to be oversized BAF)
  • Melter
  • Ghost
  • Dreadknight (repackage the exclusive version)
  • Unicorn

BAFs, as you mentioned could be

• Crimson Dynamo
  • Titanium Man
  • Ursa Major
  • Iron Monger

And any gaps could be filled with other adjacent heroes like

• Wonder Man (first appearance or West Coast version)
  • Darkstar 
  • Beast (Perez Avengers version)

Shuffle them in any combination you want, that's easily three waves. 

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

First off, I agree with this 100 percent, but I'm here to rain on your parade and tell you why that'll probably never happen, at least in this form. The reason, at it's simplest, is that all the armors that we are going to expect to be in these waves are gonna require specific sculpts, like Crimson Dynamo, Silver Centurion, Stealth Armor, Titanium Man, Iron Monger, etc, and as we know, the majority of the new productions budget is slotted for the movie figures each year. To me it's a bass ackwards way to do it because I think the comic based figures would be the most profitable as long as it was of a large variety of characters and the designs were as dynamic as they are in the comics. Some will argue that, but my purpose is not to start that debate again. It's only to point out that the most likely scenario, if a Iron Man Classic line were to happen, would be to expect maybe 2 new sculpts per wave and the rest to be repaints or retools. I would say maybe one or two characters with actual specific armors and the rest would be characters like Yellowjacket or Stingray which can easily be done with existing sculpts. Of course, characters like Titanium Man, Iron Monger, The Controller and perhaps even Crimson Dynamo could all be done as BAF's, but I think the whole "Hall of Armors" treatment that sits right at the top of all our wish lists is out of the questions. Still.......stranger things have happened so nothing's totally impossible.

Classics:

1. Wasp (with helmet) time to finish the original 6. -from the comics. 

2. Thanos - Biggest, baddest villain in the comic world at this moment. 

3. Beta Ray Bill - Classic costume rocks.

4. Yellow-Jacket - Hank Pym Needs an update.

5. Classic Red Skull - Aim soldier body in green - 

6. Blastaar - A great Cosmic Villian

7. Doc Sampson - would be cool to have in the collection. 

8. She hulk - They need to update the classic look on a new buck. Boxset was week.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I totally agree. Three waves of six figures is easily doable. On the hero/Iron Man armor side, possible versions include

• First Appearance Iron Man (either gray or gold)
  • Silver Centurion
  • Stealth armor
  • '90s cartoon version (the one that looked like he had shoulder pads and red legs)
  • Heroes Reborn version
  • Marvel Now version
  • War Machine
  • Rescue

On the villain side, you've got

• The Mandarin
  • Madame Masque
  • Crimson Dynamo (first appearance doesn't have to be oversized BAF)
  • Melter
  • Ghost
  • Dreadknight (repackage the exclusive version)
  • Unicorn

BAFs, as you mentioned could be

• Crimson Dynamo
  • Titanium Man
  • Ursa Major
  • Iron Monger

And any gaps could be filled with other adjacent heroes like

• Wonder Man (first appearance or West Coast version)
  • Darkstar 
  • Beast (Perez Avengers version)

Shuffle them in any combination you want, that's easily three waves. 

A load of cool choices. Dreadnought could work as a BAF as well

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, michiganjfrog said:

i would really dig a classic Dr strange, even more so if they could make him look like Vincent Price a bit

Steve Ditko really DID draw Dr. Strange as an older man in his first issues. He's also said to have based his appearance on Price. Ditko deliberately showed how Dr Strange grew older from his accident, to his first meeting with the ancient one, to his training and then graduation to Sorcerer Supreme. Sadly though subsequent artists made Strange "younger" to the point where basically he just looked like Tony Stark with white at the temples. I always liked the idea that Dr Strange actually had to study for his powers, and that the study took TIME. Id say theyre gonna do a classic figure by end of 2020/2021.

cmx-cu-sash-lg_png_0,0,361,361%20208,208,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg

• 7 months later...

Classic Vision

Ultron

Sub-Mariner

Falcon

Dr. Strange

Ms. Marvel

Wonder Man-either his original green/red or safari jacket, because frankly he wore the jacket longer than he had the g/r. Love to see both.

Iron Fist

What can I say? I loved the 70s looks (and they were classics) for these guys!