tarot

Who Else Needs a Classic version?

With Hasbro killing the competition with their classics figure from not only the 80th Line but also the main line and exclusive we have gotten many many characters in their classic version, with many of the taking the place of many figure with moderns designs. With Character like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Spidey and many, many other getting classic versions I got to thinking who else needs a classic version.

So here is my Top 5 (which was really hard to make) figures that we have gotten in the Infinity Line (not before the Winter Soldier/Mandroid wave) that need a Classic figure.

1. Dr. Strange - This one is on everyone list for a reason. while we have gotten a number of Strange in the infinity line both had been modern versions (both being just repaint of another). We need a Classic version for our shelf. Hell the only thing they have to do is give the previous version a skirt and we are sort
  2. Falcon - Another figure on everyone list is classic Falcon. Given that he is going to be a big part of the MCU and has his own TV show it's surprising Hasbro hasn't made him. I mean with Darkhawk, we know they can do winged figures so what the hold up.
  3. Iron Fist and Power Man - I'm place these together because I want a 2-pack bersion of this. Both are extremely easy to make with just using the previous figures and adding stuff onto them
  4. War Machine - People have been asking for a new Comic book version of War machine for years, he need to be done.
  5. Mockingbird - This one is a personal want as I want to complete the West Coast Avengers in their classic costumes

1. Doctor Doom - Seriously this guy is screaming for a figure, Infamous iron Man was a start but it's not real substitute
  2. Baron Zemo - We have a mondern Baron but what about his classic Masters of Evil look?
  3. Falcon - All his appearances in the MCU and cartoons and the only comic version of Sam we have gotten is him as Cap (and that didn't even have the wings)
  4. Scarlet Witch - While I would prefer her Neo Classic look - We still haven't gotten an iconic Wanda, just some variants of it.
  5. War Machine - Again as with Falcon, movie figures a plenty but very few comic versions.
  6. Ultron - For some reason, but Toy Biz and Hasbro seem to be allergic to doing a proper classic Ultron.

Falcon, Ultron, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch, nuff said 🙂

I think most people here already hit the target on the most wanted classics , because most of them are obvious

Dr. Strange

Dr. Doom

Falcon

Warmachine

Ultron

but i would also add

Moon Knight

Red Skull

Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat Excalibur)

------------------

these guys need to be released in there classic attire despite never being even released yet

Baron Mordo

Mandarin

Mephisto (but what's this i've heard Hasbro won't release a "devil" like character??)

Vengeance

Kang

Leader

Annihilus

Super Skrull

Viper

Ronan (we need a comic version)

If you're using classic to mean "most iconic", then I'd say Magik, Havok, Kitty Pryde, Quicksilver, Jean Grey, Domino, Angel, and Emma Frost are all in need of that treatment. If you mean original costumes only, I'd probably add Storm to the list and remove Jean and Angel.

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Ultron - For some reason, but Toy Biz and Hasbro seem to be allergic to doing a proper classic Ultron.

I think his character simultaneously invites excitement and laziness.  Because of his penchant for constant upgrading, creative and enthusiastic folks involved in the design process get excited imagining what he could look like (hence, presumably, dog-face).  At the same time and for the same reason, it's easy for other folks in that same position to grab some existing mechanical-looking body, slap a new head on it, and call it "Ultron" with a better claim to some kind of legitimacy that if you tried that with, say, Brainiac.  (Hence, presumably, Iron Monger wave Ultron.)  Just look at Ultron Unlimited.  There were hundreds of humanoid, robotic, drone bodies with Ultron heads running around that were all technically Ultron.

I've just said "Ultron" in my head too many times and now it sounds funny.  Nevertheless:

• Ultron.  Duh.
  • Doctor Doom.  It's downright criminal at this point (figuratively most places and literally in Latveria).
  • Doctor Strange.  Agree with Tarot's reasoning above.  I still actually love my old Toybiz one, I just hate the Cloak of Levitation.  It really restricts his poses.
  • Captain Marvel.  I want Monica Rambeau in her classic CM uniform.  She was so awesome back then.
  • Marvel Girl.  Jean Grey in her green minidress and yellow boots.  It's my favorite look for her and all of her various and sundry clones.
  • Ms. Marvel.  Carol in the ol' red & blue with that weird tummy-window.  Man, she must've tanned funny back then.  I'm sure Power Girl sympathizes.
  • Mockingbird.  I love Mockingbird.
  • Zemo.  Come on, guys.  Mattell got to him and he wasn't even in Secret Wars
  • Wendigo.  Love the forthcoming BAF from what I've seen except for the head.  I hope they do an interchangeable alternative down the line like with Onslaught and Shadow King.
  • Odin.  Needs moar Kirby!

Great topic, man, because I'm all about Classics! I limited mine to figures that have either TB or modern Hasbro counterparts. Here's my top 10!

-Storm This one's overdue!

-Beta-Ray Bill: Nothing beats his classic Thor'esque armor. The TB one is still solid, but I want to see a spiffy classic upgrade.

-Sabertooth

-Annihilius

-Kang

-Captain Britain

-Ronan the Accuser.

-Galactus: The TB BAF is still great in my opinion, but I want to see Hasbro make a classic version with as much love put into it as the TB version. 

-Moonknight

-She-Hulk: in her torn white dress

Well, I mean there already is a classic Doom, but it dates back to 2012.  I wouldn't say it's criminal or anything, but it is kind of surprising we haven't gotten a newer one.  I would sure welcome one.  Ultron is another I would want to see, and I don't think there's ever been a Red Skull in his green uniform in Legends, right?

a new yellow daredevil would be great for this, with a new sculpt and the boots from the black suit daredevil

The last yellow they released had really bad paint aps IMO

56 minutes ago, Satam said:

I don't think there's ever been a Red Skull in his green uniform in Legends, right?

Nein.  Although that one gets a little visually boring once you strip all of the swastikas from it (he said in the least anti semitic way possible).  Believe me, I'd still love it even without the chest swastika, which was only sometimes there, but they wouldn't even be able to do the armband.  I suppose they could always replace it with the Hydra logo or something.

I've always liked this one best for Red Skull:

MUredSkull.thumb.jpg.800c4b61eac00e405e2b406b80687d7c.jpg

2 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Nein.  Although that one gets a little visually boring once you strip all of the swastikas from it (he said in the least anti semitic way possible).  Believe me, I'd still love it even without the chest swastika, which was only sometimes there, but they wouldn't even be able to do the armband.  I suppose they could always replace it with the Hydra logo or something.

I've always liked this one best for Red Skull:

MUredSkull.thumb.jpg.800c4b61eac00e405e2b406b80687d7c.jpg

I personally feel this Red Skull outfit you posted above is the way I'd like him done as a classic variation, but however I saw this custom of a green suit and I gotta say it looks really rad

spacer.png

but also this looks really damn good

spacer.png

if Hasbro did something like these man that would be great

I think the green should be darker, but yeah, that looks good.  The other one would be harder, but I suppose Hasbro could always use the new MCU Red Skull/Hydra body instead of Krennic.

3 hours ago, PedroMamprim said:

1. Ultron.

2. War Machine.

3. Doctor Strange.

4. Thanos.

5. Re-release of McFarlane Spider-Man.

McFarlane Spidey isn't exactly classic, but I would be all for that.  Give him some extra hands, too.  Maybe even improve the shape of the eyes.

Depends how you're using the term 'classic', I suppose. That's the classic Spider-Man as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

McFarlane Spidey isn't exactly classic, but I would be all for that.  Give him some extra hands, too.  Maybe even improve the shape of the eyes.

Or maybe a Jack Kirby black and red Spidey.

11 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I think his character simultaneously invites excitement and laziness.  Because of his penchant for constant upgrading, creative and enthusiastic folks involved in the design process get excited imagining what he could look like (hence, presumably, dog-face).  At the same time and for the same reason, it's easy for other folks in that same position to grab some existing mechanical-looking body, slap a new head on it, and call it "Ultron" with a better claim to some kind of legitimacy that if you tried that with, say, Brainiac.  (Hence, presumably, Iron Monger wave Ultron.)  Just look at Ultron Unlimited.  There were hundreds of humanoid, robotic, drone bodies with Ultron heads running around that were all technically Ultron.

I've just said "Ultron" in my head too many times and now it sounds funny.  Nevertheless:

• Ultron.  Duh.
  • Doctor Doom.  It's downright criminal at this point (figuratively most places and literally in Latveria).
  • Doctor Strange.  Agree with Tarot's reasoning above.  I still actually love my old Toybiz one, I just hate the Cloak of Levitation.  It really restricts his poses.
  • Captain Marvel.  I want Monica Rambeau in her classic CM uniform.  She was so awesome back then.
  • Marvel Girl.  Jean Grey in her green minidress and yellow boots.  It's my favorite look for her and all of her various and sundry clones.
  • Ms. Marvel.  Carol in the ol' red & blue with that weird tummy-window.  Man, she must've tanned funny back then.  I'm sure Power Girl sympathizes.
  • Mockingbird.  I love Mockingbird.
  • Zemo.  Come on, guys.  Mattell got to him and he wasn't even in Secret Wars
  • Wendigo.  Love the forthcoming BAF from what I've seen except for the head.  I hope they do an interchangeable alternative down the line like with Onslaught and Shadow King.
  • Odin.  Needs moar Kirby!

If you say Ultron too many times in a mirror he comes and kills you 😄

Moon Knight

1. Falcon

2. Moon Knight. Either all black or all white body suit. I’d take both for sure. Even the Fist of Khonshu look with the gold accents would be cool

3. Mockingbird

4. Bucky . I’d be so glad if he gets released with some Invaders!

5. D-Man! We got him as Scourge now we(or maybe just me)need the original suit .

Storm (First Appearance)

Ultron

Falcon

Loki (Less Avengers #1, more Simonson)

Odin (A more Kirby/Simonson inspired version)

Wonder Man

War Machine

Havok

Sabretooth

Baron Zemo

Ronan the Accuser

Dr. Strange

Dr. Doom

Rogue

Silver Centurion Iron Man

Annihilus

HUMAN TORCH

KINGPIN

IRON MAN ARMORS

GREEN GOBLIN

FALCON

WASP

CAPT MARVEL & MS MARVEL

BARON ZEMO

RED SKULL

IRON FIST, LUKE CAGE, MOON KNIGHT

DR STRANGE

SHOCKER

VULTURE

SABRETOOTH, MAGIK, HAVOK, WHITE QUEEN.

..and so on.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Biggbubb said:

D-Man! We got him as Scourge now we(or maybe just me)need the original suit .

It is most definitely not just you.  Bring on D-Man!

If we are counting characters that already have a classic version then I have to go with

1. Dr. Strange
  2. Falcon
  3. Wasp
  4. Mandarin

As far a character that has never gotten their original version made: Storm!!

Many characters of course but what I’d love to see is gotg since now the comics even adapted the movie version which is ok with me but I’d love to see them back in their uniforms.

12 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

It is most definitely not just you.  Bring on D-Man!

Yeah, we need the super tramp