Jump to content
tarot

Who Else Needs a Classic version?

Recommended Posts

Domino and Adam Warlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'd like a classic/retro/vintage version of Marvel Girl.

 

I'd also like to have a retro version of Gwen Stacy.

 

Not sure if it's retro or not, but a Firestar figure with Ms. Lion has always been on my list of figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most my choises have been picked already but ill write them down anyway, here are the figures in classic costumes that I think need to be made.

- Storm: In her classic Giant Size X-Men black suit.
- Angel: Classic Blue and White suit with feather wings (I like the blue and white version better than the red and white one).
- Magik: in her classic New Mutants suit.
- Captain Britain
- White Queen Emma and Black Queen Selene: With Hasbro lately censoring their female figures or going with more modern less revealing costumes I doubt these will get made but a classic Emma and Selene with their Hellfire costumes would be awesome. 
- Vulture: We really really need a cassic old man comic vulture.
- Elektro: The Space venom firgure isnt bad but Id rather have a classic suit (this would also need to be made in the Sunfire mold).
- Shocker: Also needs a Classic Costume rather than the more modern Thunderbolts costume.
- Jack O'Lantern: The classic green suit with the scalemail and include his round glider.
- War Machine: We really need a new Comic style WM figure.
- Moonknight: Original White or silver Costume
- Dr. Strange: Hasbro needs to update that toybiz Classic Dr. Strange costume (we might get this in a future Dr. Strange 2 movie wave).
- Ms. Marvel: Carol in her classic blue and red costume and include an alternate moonstone ms. marvel head (might also get this one in a Captain Marvel 2 movie wave).
- Adam Warlock: I like the Black and Yellow suit he wore during the Infinity Gauntlet story arc better than the more classic red leotard one. 
- Dr. Doom: This figure needs an update really bad.
- Green Suit Quicksilver: Now that we got the Quicksilver Figure in the 3 pack they could easily repaint that one for the original brotherhood green suit.
- Classic Ditko Style Spiderman: With the smaller eye lenses, web wings and all. (Ive thought for a while now that this figure should be released in a 2 pack with a Gwen Stacy figure, just like the modern Spiderman and MJ 2 pack they did)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

With Hasbro lately censoring their female figures or going with more modern less revealing costumes I doubt these will get made but a classic Emma and Selene with their Hellfire costumes would be awesome.

I keep reading stuff like this.  What kind of censoring is going on?  I'm not seeing it in the figures and I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff.  Am I missing it?  Did somebody say something in an interview somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I keep reading stuff like this.  What kind of censoring is going on?  I'm not seeing it in the figures and I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff.  Am I missing it?  Did somebody say something in an interview somewhere?

More revealing costumes like 80's or early 90's costumes that show more clevage or were showing "more skin" havent been made so much now lately (instead they opt for newer costumes), that and the fact that newer female body molds are less voloptuous than they were before and seem to be thinner body sculpts.
Examples of these are the first Black Cat and Scarlet With figures that show a lot more clevage than the newer released of these characters, both the vintage and bike Black widow have less revealing costumes, psylocke and Julia Carpenter spider woman should have been made in the mold from the first spider-woman rather than the skinnier mold IMO. Its mainly a matter of prefferences but It seems like hasbro doesnt want to get into trouble and choose to go the safer route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

More revealing costumes like 80's or early costumes that show more clevage or "more skin" havent been made so much now, and newer female body molds are less voloptuous than they were before and seem to be thinner body sculpts.

Marvel-Legends-Emma-Frost.thumb.jpg.f0fabcb2723c0448f41986f6ef84c317.jpgYeah... I dunno... this came out this month. I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe exaggerating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, memocromatico said:

Marvel-Legends-Emma-Frost.thumb.jpg.f0fabcb2723c0448f41986f6ef84c317.jpgYeah... I dunno... this came out this month. I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe exaggerating. 

You also have to take into acount that this is an exclusive figure and not sold in mass retail (may be the fact that this way they can play a little bit with what they make)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abnuggler said:

You also have to take into acount that this is an exclusive figure and not sold in mass retail (may be the fact that this way they can play a little bit with what they make)

I mean, it's Walgreens.  It's not that exclusive.  As for the cleavage and lack of skin you mention (in addition to memocromatico's point about Emma), Enchantress and Scarlet Witch are both pretty recent, and sport some accurate and daringly low-cut necklines.  Juggernaut wave Rogue is a friggin' brick-house, and Psyclocke ain't exactly business casual.

Enchantress-Marvel-Legends-17.thumb.jpg.b06a83af42b0585570e06976bbc1b9fd.jpgHasbro-Avengers-Marvel-Legends-Scarlet-Witch-Review-header.thumb.jpg.3883b4b94221a2a1198f0f906c5c425d.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.064d5ad957f9156767e767804ece9d32.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

I concede that the Shanna the She-Devil release was a con exclusive, and I would have been bummed about that if she wasn't such a bad figure, but I still don't see it beyond that.  You mentioned 80's and more classic costumes.  Which ones in particular do you suspect are off limits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I mean, it's Walgreens.  It's not that exclusive.  As for the cleavage and lack of skin you mention (in addition to memocromatico's point about Emma), Enchantress and Scarlet Witch are both pretty recent, and sport some accurate and daringly low-cut necklines.  Juggernaut wave Rogue is a friggin' brick-house, and Psyclocke ain't exactly business casual.

 Enchantress-Marvel-Legends-17.thumb.jpg.b06a83af42b0585570e06976bbc1b9fd.jpgHasbro-Avengers-Marvel-Legends-Scarlet-Witch-Review-header.thumb.jpg.3883b4b94221a2a1198f0f906c5c425d.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.064d5ad957f9156767e767804ece9d32.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

I concede that the Shanna the She-Devil release was a con exclusive, and I would have been bummed about that if she wasn't such a bad figure, but I still don't see it beyond that.  You mentioned 80's and more classic costumes.  Which ones in particular do you suspect are off limits?

I think what people comment on the "censorship" has only began lately, (I dont think they could have done a different psylocke, but they could have given her the bigger bodymold like Rogue/Captain Marvel) Enchantress and Scarlet Witch are a little older, I dont think its a big thing but they are steering off more revealing costumes so a Emma and Selene with the Corset small Bikiny bottom and thigh high boots probably wont be made at least I dont think they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abnuggler said:

I think what people comment on the "censorship" has only began lately, (I dont think they could have done a different psylocke, but they could have given her the bigger bodymold like Rogue/Captain Marvel) Enchantress and Scarlet Witch are a little older, I dont think its a big thing but they are steering off more revealing costumes so a Emma and Selene with the Corset small Bikiny bottom and thigh high boots probably wont be made at least I dont think they will.

Psylocke has always been on the smaller side. Sure, she's been drawn with back breaking breasts, but never too curvy from behind, so the bigger mold wouldn't really suit her IMO. I don't see it as much as censorship, and more as saving plastic, maybe. Those 2 miligrams less of curves go a long way when making thousands of figures. On the other hand, if it's purpose were in fact being more inclusive by embracing newer world views... would that really be so bad? I mean, Blink (also released this summer) is barelegged, I fail to see less skin on the figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

I dont think they could have done a different psylocke, but they could have given her the bigger bodymold like Rogue/Captain Marvel

I absolutely agree that they need to break out that bulkier female body mold more often than they do.  At the very least for some variety in the shelf displays.  Psylocke seems to have been a popular choice for that one, but I'm not so sure.  Yeah, she might not look like her Capcom sprite, but really, lithe Asian ninja?  I think she's fine on the buck they gave her.  Vintage Storm is another case entirely.  She's way too petite!  Definitely needed to be taller and curvier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I dunno, if they ever really do think an outfit is too inappropriate for mass release, we always have exclusives @abnuggler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

And I dunno, if they ever really do think an outfit is too inappropriate for mass release, we always have exclusives @abnuggler

 

Yeah, in the end Im not too mad with this issue, if they make the characters Im happy, its just sad to think some very representative costumes are a bit too revealing to be hanging in store shelves now a days. Like Emma and Selene (two costumes that are very iconic to these characters and I doubt we'll see these costumes in figure form) or Madelyne Pryor in her Goblin Queen costume, and others like that (its not that we're a bunch pervs and want these costumes for their revealing factor, its more to the fact that Im a long time comicbook reader and these costumes are iconic in some way to these characters, but I understand some are not that appropriate for retail store shelves)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I would be happy to get:

Dr. Doom - we have Toybiz, but Hasbro update could be so good. Just look at the Thing.

Vulture - same thing 🤭, hope Hasbro can give us a great old first appearance Vulture.

Lizard - thinking how Hasbro operates, they could re-issue the Lizard BAF with a more classic head. It would be so Hasbro.

Dr. Strange, Angel, Falcon, War machine... agree with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about "censored" action figures of women and there being a need for "curvier" bucks for them, but I do know that the Bucky Cap buck is old and used up and I'mma scream if I see it again.

With that said, I would *really* like a 90s Havok and I *really* hope they don't use the Bucky Cap buck for it - especially since the character would benefit from having butterfly joints. I also think Doom desperately needs a Vintage appearance release, whether it's on a Retro Vintage cardback, a standard release, or some kind of exclusive, but that figures needs to be made. The logic center of my brain tells me that classic Doom is coming, what with the release of the First Family and the associated properties now being under the magical umbrella, but the irrational fear center of my brain tells me that the sorry Infamous Doom we got this year is all we are gonna get for now. Let's hope that ain't the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I forgot:  Dormammu and Baron Mordo!  Maybe they can do them in the same wave as a classic Dr. Strange.  I didn't have much interest in the first Dormammu BAF, but I'd be all over one produced in his OG look.

dormammu.thumb.jpg.25781937e759e80fb36260b238819f6b.jpgmordo.thumb.jpg.d5a4b9ea3320e80867baf06d8a41f563.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Oh, I forgot:  Dormammu and Baron Mordo!  Maybe they can do them in the same wave as a classic Dr. Strange.  I didn't have much interest in the first Dormammu BAF, but I'd be all over one produced in his OG look.

dormammu.thumb.jpg.25781937e759e80fb36260b238819f6b.jpgmordo.thumb.jpg.d5a4b9ea3320e80867baf06d8a41f563.jpg

Surprised we haven't gotten a comics Mordo yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreeing with others and some new suggestions:

Warpath
Beta Ray Bill
Drax the Destroyer
The Champion
Hercules
Shaman
Doc Samson
Ronan The Accuser
Dr. Strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take again:

Falcon, red/white classic outfit, wings, and articulated Red Wing accessory

Nova. The updated version has an insanely good paint scheme, but the original's outfit has never been done in figure form far as I know.

Sub-Mariner (water wings from the 70s), though I admit, the real classic version for him is the green scaled trunks and has been done quite well already.

Ultron. 3 versions I can think of and neither of them nailed his actual look. Do not mention the MCU version to me. No point whatsoever in changing his face for that movie, because nothing about him resembled Spader. Could have gone with his actual head from the comics and kept Spader doing the voice and it would've been just fine.

Iron Fist. Along with the Falcon and Namor, another V-neck classic 70s outfit, and he's got that cool collar too!

Kang. He was THE big bad for the Avengers back in the day. C'mon, he's LONG overdue for a figure!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Ultron. 3 versions I can think of and neither of them nailed his actual look. Do not mention the MCU version to me. No point whatsoever in changing his face for that movie, because nothing about him resembled Spader. Could have gone with his actual head from the comics and kept Spader doing the voice and it would've been just fine.

Agree completely. Though, while we're at MCU... I'd love it if they gave un an Ultron Drone army builder... THAT could work as a comic Ultron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, MonsterChris said:

I keep reading stuff like this.  What kind of censoring is going on?  I'm not seeing it in the figures and I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff.  Am I missing it?  Did somebody say something in an interview somewhere?

My thoughts exactly. Yes, the curvier body mold for Rogue, Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, Gamorra, seems to have gone away...but I haven't seen an explanation. All we get is guys on message boards like this spewing that the reason is "censorship" and "pc" and the like. They assume outlets like Target and Walgreen wouldn't display a White Queen (wearing her iconic outfit and with that curvier body mold) because customers might object to how risqué it appears. Hasbro wont put out Mephisto, they say, because Disney doesn't want a backlash from consumers about "the devil". That may be. But until we see it in an interview from someone who actually works at Hasbro, who actually has the authority to know what he/she is talking about, then its all just speculation. When they have these comic cons and toyfairs I sure wish somebody would ask this, same as when they ask what new waves are coming and what the BAF is gonna be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE