Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Vintage Wave 90's Storm Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

She looks pretty awesome. I got to say with the X ladies next to each other you can really see how weirdly proportioned they all are. I still love them but its kind of weird. Big heads, big hands, kind of stumpy.. but again they are the best we ve ever got and Im ok with it. 

I got to admit this is one fine looking figure, not sure if i want to get it because i don't think i can handle clothed figures or figures that have some kind of cloth, but maybe i can make this my own exception, maybe

Listen this is a beautiful figure, and definitely need to get her but is it just me or is seeing an all white figure with absolutely no shading incredibly jarring. The hair sculpt with shading is fantastic but it feels like the head and body came from two different places. One of the only figures where im not sure if the new version is better than the first. 

3 hours ago, Glorifice said:

Listen this is a beautiful figure, and definitely need to get her but is it just me or is seeing an all white figure with absolutely no shading incredibly jarring.

No, you're not alone, the lack of shading is a problem, it looks cheap.  The good news is you know that they're going to give a repaint in the comic accurate silver so I'm going to hold off for that one.

10 hours ago, Glorifice said:

Listen this is a beautiful figure, and definitely need to get her but is it just me or is seeing an all white figure with absolutely no shading incredibly jarring. The hair sculpt with shading is fantastic but it feels like the head and body came from two different places. One of the only figures where im not sure if the new version is better than the first. 

I think the all-white looks really weird too. I feel like everyone would've been happy if they had just painted it a very, very light gray. It would've looked white to those who wanted white and gray to those who wanted gray or silver. It's a beautiful sculpt, just a dubious colouring choice.

I like the white better than black costume though I think the figure would have looked better in all silver (the all white looks a little too... white, and withouth the shadows and highlights from the comics its a little bland) but thats just the color, the figure looks really nice overall, though I really "love/hate" these vintage cardbacks I want the figures for my displays but its always so emotionally hard opening these packages once they are in my hands (and I dont really collect mint in box figures) 

9 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I think she would've looked better in all black. I might get two and paint one. The way the hair sits on her head makes me think it will be just an easy mod to put her head dress and different molded hair on this head for a classic Storm (fingers crossed)

How would you handle the wings, though? I feel like painting those could go sideways.