JayC

Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Vintage Wave 90's Storm Figure Video Review And Images

Today I take a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Vintage Wave 90's Storm figure from Hasbro. You can pre-order this figure at Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm33.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-Storm35.jpg

Oh man I cannot wait to add this figure to my 90's X-men display. It's a thing of beauty! My only complaint is I wish it was on the same body mold as the JUBILEE wave Storm...but it's AWESOME!

She looks amazing! And man do I love how the head looks on the 80s Punker Mowhawk body too! I love the new likeness tooas well! I Can't wait to get her!! And PLEASE Hasbro, give us a Classic Storm!!!!!!

Still prefer the old X-Men Classics 6" one that came out right before they got rebranded to Marvel Legends.

image.thumb.png.48f8b14ff870b75544d499f7ba192ccd.png

She looks pretty awesome. I got to say with the X ladies next to each other you can really see how weirdly proportioned they all are. I still love them but its kind of weird. Big heads, big hands, kind of stumpy.. but again they are the best we ve ever got and Im ok with it. 

At first I was kind of thrown off because of the images Hasbro had released, but seen it now in the review and pictures, man, I need her, maybe two so I can repaint her black. And yes, would've preferred they'd used the Jubilee wave body, but all in all, she looks awesome.

I got to admit this is one fine looking figure, not sure if i want to get it because i don't think i can handle clothed figures or figures that have some kind of cloth, but maybe i can make this my own exception, maybe

Listen this is a beautiful figure, and definitely need to get her but is it just me or is seeing an all white figure with absolutely no shading incredibly jarring. The hair sculpt with shading is fantastic but it feels like the head and body came from two different places. One of the only figures where im not sure if the new version is better than the first. 

Defineately needs this for my X-men

3 hours ago, Glorifice said:

Listen this is a beautiful figure, and definitely need to get her but is it just me or is seeing an all white figure with absolutely no shading incredibly jarring.

No, you're not alone, the lack of shading is a problem, it looks cheap.  The good news is you know that they're going to give a repaint in the comic accurate silver so I'm going to hold off for that one.

Nice. The face even almost looks like the new Xmen actress that's been playing Storm on the last couple movies. I have been waiting for this version for a while now. I got the Mohawk one but just don't care for the haircut.

10 hours ago, Glorifice said:

Listen this is a beautiful figure, and definitely need to get her but is it just me or is seeing an all white figure with absolutely no shading incredibly jarring. The hair sculpt with shading is fantastic but it feels like the head and body came from two different places. One of the only figures where im not sure if the new version is better than the first. 

I think the all-white looks really weird too. I feel like everyone would've been happy if they had just painted it a very, very light gray. It would've looked white to those who wanted white and gray to those who wanted gray or silver. It's a beautiful sculpt, just a dubious colouring choice.

I like the white better than black costume though I think the figure would have looked better in all silver (the all white looks a little too... white, and withouth the shadows and highlights from the comics its a little bland) but thats just the color, the figure looks really nice overall, though I really "love/hate" these vintage cardbacks I want the figures for my displays but its always so emotionally hard opening these packages once they are in my hands (and I dont really collect mint in box figures) 

I think she would've looked better in all black. I might get two and paint one. The way the hair sits on her head makes me think it will be just an easy mod to put her head dress and different molded hair on this head for a classic Storm (fingers crossed)

9 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I think she would've looked better in all black. I might get two and paint one. The way the hair sits on her head makes me think it will be just an easy mod to put her head dress and different molded hair on this head for a classic Storm (fingers crossed)

How would you handle the wings, though? I feel like painting those could go sideways.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

How would you handle the wings, though? I feel like painting those could go sideways.

Probably dipping them in ink several times. Or, most likely, cutting black fabric in that shape, and swapping it with the figure.

It took way too long to finally get figure I’m so excited to have this one, but I’m not a fan of her cape

The cape doesn't bother me all that much. I guess we'll see how it holds up over the years. Super excited to get her, nonetheless.

She'll be going right on the old toybiz stormnado stand I've kept all this freakin time.

This figure looks awesome. I'll be interested to see how it looks with the old xmen classics rubber cape.