Sony's Spider-Man: Far From Home Has A Strong Opening Weekend At The Box Office

JayC

Sony's latest Spider-Man movie Far From Home had a good opening last week debuting in theaters Tuesday here in the US just ahead of the 4th of July weekend, bringing in $185 million for it's first six days in North America.

Internationally the movie has brought in $395 million to date making the worldwide take $580 million. The movie marks Sony Pictures’ biggest six-day opening weekend ever.

Have you seen the movie? If so let us know what you thought about it in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-Poster-02__scaled_600.jpg

6 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Mysterio is one of the greatest characters in the MCU, I might even say  **Highlight for SPOILERS** the greatest villain!! He's right up there with Zemo on consequence level!

Yeah, Jake Gyllenhaal is fantastic as Mysterio, I actually wanted him SPOILERSnot to be a villain

Just now, leokearon said:

That's insane. where do you live?

Assis, Brazil.

It's like a ghost town here. We only have ONE mall, and it's #$##. And the cinema has only one room playing a movie. And we only get them dubbed in portuguese, which is horrible (I love seeing it in english with subtitles), like, 50 Shades of Grey was dubbed! Not that I would watch it, but to whoever wants to, it's horrible. The movies playing here right now are Annebelle 3 and Toy Story 4; the movie should have been out like FOUR days ago.

😞

13 minutes ago, PedroMamprim said:

Assis, Brazil.

It's like a ghost town here. We only have ONE mall, and it's #$##. And the cinema has only one room playing a movie. And we only get them dubbed in portuguese, which is horrible (I love seeing it in english with subtitles), like, 50 Shades of Grey was dubbed! Not that I would watch it, but to whoever wants to, it's horrible. The movies playing here right now are Annebelle 3 and Toy Story 4; the movie should have been out like FOUR days ago.

😞

Stay strong, Pedro. We used to have it like that in my city in Mx, we petitioned around a lot until we got subtitled versions of the movies 

2 hours ago, PedroMamprim said:

Assis, Brazil.

😞

That sucks hopefully you will get to see it soon

Just saw the movie this morning. I thought it was good. Not a big fan of Jake but he did his job. Don't quite know what to think about the end credit scene though. Hopefully it will lead into something spectacular in the MCU. Marvel movies usually lead into one direction.,. EPIC.

This is post End game. While in End game, 5 years after the snap, everything was devastated, we had abandoned buildings, ruined stadiums and so on, here in Spider-man everything looks like nothing happened; New York, Venice, Prague, London...

Almost 4 billion people were gone for 5 years and than reappeared in a second. What did they eat? Just saying. 🤨

It's definitely a different kind of a movie from End game. End game was emotionally intense and this one is a light and breezy teenage action movie.

11 hours ago, silverback said:

Just saw the movie this morning. I thought it was good. Not a big fan of Jake but he did his job. Don't quite know what to think about the end credit scene though. Hopefully it will lead into something spectacular in the MCU. Marvel movies usually lead into one direction.,. EPIC.

Sinister six? No... that would be too much.

11 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

i enjoyed it, but i felt like it had the same problems as homecoming,the cringy highschool stuff lol but mysterio was great

That happens growing up, I have a friend that also dislikes the teenage part of shows and movies. I just get nostalgic. 

I saw this movie last week on saturday and it was cool.

Just like Ant-Man, it's hard to be the follow of the last Avengers but it did the job.
It was also full of eye candies, I liked it.
As a comic reader, Mysterio did not disappoint.
As a MCU fan, I like how they linked him to the universe.
I wish I did not know is origins to be less spoiled but more surprised by the character.
I'm still not convinced by "Michelle".
Overall, a good sequel for Homecoming.

• 2 weeks later...