Mighty Marvel Legends Missing Accessories

leokearon

You can never have enough accessories. So with that, some figures don't come with any or little accessories and sometimes you just wish they came with something extra to complete the figure.

So what accessories to do you are missing from a Marvel Legends figure.

For me, a couple of figures come to mind.

Caliban Wave Beast: Friendly head, complete pairs of hands.

Vintage Wave Cyclops: A head with no power effects

Thanos Wave Iron Spider: Interchangeable hands (can be true with some recent Spidey figures)

13 minutes ago, Crossbones666 said:

It would be cool if Hasbro released an accessories pack with various weapons and effects in unique colors that we could use on any figure we choose

Yeah, maybe even a small figure, I still remember the Star Wars accessory packs for the Phantom Menace, they were really good

That's something i can agree with it :), plus it be nice to see more variety of weapons which it might be a mix of feelings seeing we might like some weapons and not some others (especially the made up ones :/)

Archangel: wing shards.

Cannonball: legs.

Colossus: it would've been too much plastic, but it's a bummer that he couldn't have come with an un-powered head and arms, since most of his costumes show a lot more skin, rendering the switch impossible.

Cyclops (90s): unmasked head.

Iceman: some sort of ice projectile.

Jubilee: fireworks effects.

every Walgreens X-Men exclusive: more alternate arms for Apocalypse or Warlock.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Colossus: it would've been too much plastic, but it's a bummer that he couldn't have come with an un-powered head and arms, since most of his costumes show a lot more skin, rendering the switch impossible.

Extra pieces/effects for BAFs with some of the exclusives or Deluxe figures would be a nice idea

8 hours ago, Benn said:

The extra attachments for Apocalypse seems like a no-brainer, but they would definitely need to be included with exclusives. 

I would have preferred a neutral portrait for Beast rather than one or two of those extra hands. The only alternate hand that figure absolutely needed was the flat-palmed one. 

Any iteration of cyclops could have come with an unmasked portrait and hasn't, and I'm surprised the Vintage wave one didn't. 

Does anyone else think that flight stands for characters with powers of flight would be cool? I still use the old Toybiz ones for characters like Archangel or Magneto.

3 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

The extra attachments for Apocalypse seems like a no-brainer, but they would definitely need to be included with exclusives. 

Yeah, they did it with Archangel, but it would've been sweet to see more with Magik, Emma, or Mystique. Granted, all of the aforementioned already came with a decent number of accessories, and Archangel has a personal connection with Apocalypse that none of the others do, but a guy can dream.

17 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I wish Hasbro would stop doing multiple heads with really subtle differences. Hasbro should think about giving their extra heads a different hairstyle (example: One Jubilee head with a pixie cut + an extra Jubilee head with a Chris Bachalo bob cut).

I think the subtle portrait differences like smirks or raised eyebrows are nice, but ultimately they’re kind of a waste. I agree, I’d prefer to have different hairstyles, or all out different expressions - angry or neutral, as an example. I mean, I’m honestly rather surprised that it’s taken 5 iterations of Cyclops to get a yelling/gritting expression with, or even without an optic blast. A great example of how this should be done is the recent Family Matters Magneto. The neutral expression versus the white eyed, teeth gritting expression is perfect juxtaposition.

Great suggestions all around. I'd definitely be on board with Hasbro using the rider/vehicle series or multi-packs to sneak in bonus accessories for recent waves or extra BAF parts. The right accessory will have collectors hunting down old figures so it only adds ways for Hasbro to sell off inventory. I've been picking up custom parts here and there from ebay and find that they really make a difference. So many of Hasbro's releases have been one or two accessories away from being absolutely perfect. 

Wolverine: Decent unmasked Logan head, sturdier metallic painted claws, and a plaid shirt variant (because of course they'll make more Logans)
Beast: Non-snarling head, book, lab coat
Cyclops: Energy blast effect that clips into the visor, smoking visor effect, Unmasked head rocking ruby quartz shades..(though maybe we'll actually get this in one of the many rumored X-men packs like the possible Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine Love Triangle 3-pack or Training suits 2-pack w/multiple heads)
Iceman: The new classic Iceman is sadly missing open hands so he won't be as pose-able as the previous version. And I totally agree that an iceman rider series with a large slide and ice effects would be awesome. 
Human Torch: Flame effects and a Johnny Storm head that could've been thrown on the Reed Richards body for a powered down version. 
Thing: Trench coat and hat
Apocalypse: so may different hands

Mostly I find hasbro skips out on alternate hands or effects, sometimes when the figure comes with a head that has a very specific expression it usually misses the regular neutral headsculpt: (Here are some examples)

- Spiderman Noir: Should have come with a fedora and a revolver not the ugly gun it came with.

- Electro Comic version: Should have come with regular non power hands, (I would have rather have him come with a pair of fists and a pair of open hands, and some of those electricity effects instead of those weird sculpted elecricity hands)
- Red Goblin: Missing it's Glider.
- Scorpion: Should have come with a complete masked head and a head that has the open mouth mask (aparently the original though was to make the open mask cause it seems like the head it comes with has the sculpted lines where the opening for the mouth and nose should be but they ended up painting it with the green paint)
- Beast: better hands (both the alternate hands are weirdly sculpted and since he doesnt come with a book or anything to hold they are useless, should have come with a pair of fists and a pair of open clawing hands), Also should have come with a non screaming head.
- Jubilee: Power Effects (I also think one or both of the heads should have had the glasses sculpted instead of those ones that never stay on, and at least one should have come with the glasses sculpted on her forhead)
Every HawkeyeArrows
- Iceman: I think everyone agrees that the new Vintage wave (just like last year's Vintage Wave Vision) is missing some open hands, as for the ice slide (thinking its a vintage wave figure Im ok with not having a bigger one or powes, but the open hands should have come with the figure).
- Cannonball: Again everyone agrees he should have come with legs, or at the very least a solid plastic effect with a wall mount hole on the bottom, not the completely hollow effect it comes with (also think the effect should have been a little larger)
- Vintage Dazzler: Should have come with the previous rainbow colored dazzler effect not a plain pink one.

- Bishop: Should have come with Shocker's Power effects.
- Cyclops: Every cyclops should come with a regular neutral head (with no efffects) and an alternate one with the Laser Beam or at least with the goggles side effects.
- 90's Cable: Alternate gripping left hand (the figure comes with 2 weapons and can only hold one).
- Arcghangel: Retracted wings.
- Weapon X: I think the choise of heads was wrong (the helmeted head should have had teeth showing, look angrier).
- 80th Anniversary Hulk Vs Wolverine 2 Pack: I originally thought this pack should have come with alternate heads for both characters (wolvie could have come with a repaint of the juggernaut wave masked wolverine head, and a pair of Tiger stripe wolverine's shoulder pads to be able to make a more cartoon acurate color wolverine) and Hulk should have come with a different alternate head. But seeing that we're getting the different head for hulk in the sdcc vintage carded hulk, and we might be getting the wolverine I was talking about in the upcoming rumored "Love Triangle" 3 pack, I think hasbro knew this thats why they didnt give us these interchangeable pieces.
With so many spiderman figures we should have gotten a damaged mask head by now or better Webs sort of like the way mafex spiderman webs.

Movie Falcon needs a couple sub-machine guns. The Hit Monkey ones would work.

Hellcat needs a grappling hook.

All the Ant-Mans and Wasps need little versions that don't come with them.

Blizzard needs some Ice Effects.

Cap Wolf needed wolf hands.

Cottonmouth needs a second open mouth head.

Whirlwind needs a tornado effect piece.

Invisible Woman needs some force field effects.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, leokearon said:

Vintage Wave Cyclops: A head with no power effects

This is what I thought of that Cyclops when pictures first were revealed. Looks cool and I like that they have a blast effect that plus into the one head, which in the video review JayC did looks creepy AF without it plugged in.

Also my gripe with the Cannonball. I don't do action poses because half my figures look drunk, so a non-action type head would be nice.

-Beast, a friendly or thinking head.

-Cyclops power effects for all the previous ones.

-80th anniversary Thor, a hammer spinning effect and lightning.  

I'd like to see some themed packs of accessories for the different franchises.  An X-Men pack, a Spider-Man pack, etc.  That way they can throw in new hands (MCU Iron Spider), new heads, (Beast), and effects for older figures.  I'd pay at least the price of a regular ML for a good effects set, more if it were larger, with a great variety.  

35 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

-Beast, a friendly or thinking head.

-Cyclops power effects for all the previous ones.

-80th anniversary Thor, a hammer spinning effect and lightning.  

I'd like to see some themed packs of accessories for the different franchises.  An X-Men pack, a Spider-Man pack, etc.  That way they can throw in new hands (MCU Iron Spider), new heads, (Beast), and effects for older figures.  I'd pay at least the price of a regular ML for a good effects set, more if it were larger, with a great variety.  

I’ve always thought accessory packs were a good idea, and especially offered as online/speciality store exclusives so they don’t stall, glut, and self-destruct. The DC Collectibles DC Icons line released at least one accessory pack - I think there was a second one that was cancelled shortly before that line imploded - and it included accessories for various characters from the line. ML could benefit from this by providing hands, portraits, capes, hats/helmets, jackets/vests, power effects (blasts, webbing, etc), weapons, and gorram flight stands. Now that Hasbro has fully embraced direct-to-consumer online sales and speciality store exclusives, and that they’ve began trickling out added accessories as pack-ins with other releases, I feel that there’s a much higher chance of accessory packs or something similar becoming a reality.  

23 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I’ve always thought accessory packs were a good idea, and especially offered as online/speciality store exclusives so they don’t stall, glut, and self-destruct. The DC Collectibles DC Icons line released at least one accessory pack - I think there was a second one that was cancelled shortly before that line imploded - and it included accessories for various characters from the line. ML could benefit from this by providing hands, portraits, capes, hats/helmets, jackets/vests, power effects (blasts, webbing, etc), weapons, and gorram flight stands. Now that Hasbro has fully embraced direct-to-consumer online sales and speciality store exclusives, and that they’ve began trickling out added accessories as pack-ins with other releases, I feel that there’s a much higher chance of accessory packs or something similar becoming a reality.  

Definitely think you're on to something there.  With the coming of Pulse and the "fan channel" exclusives I'd think it's only a matter of time before we see something along these lines.  And yeah, it's definitely best saved for online only, I doubt it could survive on a store shelf.

54 minutes ago, leokearon said:

The best way of doing the Accesory pack would be to have a small figure, they likes of Rocket and co. and stuff the box with extra weapons, effects, heads/hands, etc.

Unless the accessories and parts were related to the character or the team the character is from, I don’t know if such an assortment of accessories and floating body parts would have enough consumer recognition to produce adequate sales in the mainstream retail market. With that being said, it just seems like that method would also bottleneck the accessories too much. Maybe I’m a minority, but ideally an accessory pack would provide accessories for various figures across the line, and not just say The Guardians of the Galaxy. So I’d like a pack that’s literally just accessories and stands.

3 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Unless the accessories and parts were related to the character or the team the character is from, I don’t know if such an assortment of accessories and flooring body parts would have enough consumer recognition to produce adequate sales in the mainstream retail market. With that being said, it just seems like that method would also bottleneck the accessories too much. Maybe I’m a minority, but ideally an accessory pack would provide accessories for various figures across the line, and not just say The Guardians of the Galaxy. So I’d like a pack that’s literally just accessories and stands.

Themed accessory packs would be better and it was what Hasbro did for Star Wars for the Phantom Menace. A Generic pack would actually be harder to sell as it could have accessories for teams/characters people don't have.