Mighty Marvel Legends Missing Accessories

leokearon

6 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Themed accessory packs would be better and it was what Hasbro did for Star Wars for the Phantom Menace. A Generic pack would actually be harder to sell as it could have accessories for teams/characters people don't have.

If I recall, those (as well as many of the novel product ideas Hasbro had for that line) didn’t sell very well at all. I think regardless of how it’s organized, accessory packs could only survive within an exclusive “fan channel,” and not at retail - and by “retail” I mean Walmart, Target, etc; GameStop could probably swing such a product in small enough numbers; maybe I’m wrong, though. 

Just now, SolidSnakeEyes said:

If I recall, those (as well as many of the novel product ideas Hasbro had for that line) didn’t sell very well at all. I think regardless of how it’s organized, accessory packs could only survive within an exclusive “fan channel,” and not at retail. Maybe I’m wrong, though. 

Even fan-channel, themed packs would be better

59 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Even fan-channel, themed packs would be better

To add some clarity to my statements: I was saying that if the method of release for these accessories was to be that they’d be packaged with a small figure, then the accessories would have to be themed in order to stand any chance of selling *at retail*- this is because such a thing would require character recognition.  Adding more that such an arrangement might seem odd to the casual buyer, even if themed, and again probably wouldn’t sell too well. So, I agree that themed accessory packs would work, but would *have* to be fan channel exclusives. I also don’t think packing in a small figure would be a necessity. It’s also only a personal preference that I’d prefer a collection of random hands, army building and unmasked heads, weapons, and power effects. Sure I’d still dig a themed X-Men set or Marvel Knights set, but I would prefer accessories that are less specific and just provide us with interchangeable parts for all ML figures. I figure both a set of generic power effects and flight stands would sell well right along with a Spider-Man set loaded with webbing, hands, food, a camera, a crushed Daily Bugel stand, etc. 

1 hour ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

If I recall, those (as well as many of the novel product ideas Hasbro had for that line) didn’t sell very well at all. I think regardless of how it’s organized, accessory packs could only survive within an exclusive “fan channel,” and not at retail - and by “retail” I mean Walmart, Target, etc; GameStop could probably swing such a product in small enough numbers; maybe I’m wrong, though. 

I could see them straight-up as Hasbro Pulse exclusives.  MotUC sold at least one "Head Pack" and several accessory packs.  But I really don't think they'd do well at mass retail either.

I do think, as you say, themed packs would work best.  Including an undersized figure wouldn't be a bad idea (And a good way for people to get, say, the hard-to-find Puck and whatnot).  Even offered a exclusives I think it'd be a good idea. 

And I'd sure as heck love accessory packs over the more likely case of Hasbro giving us all these accessories in re-releases and multipacks of figures we already have over the next several years.

45 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

To add some clarity to my statements: I was saying that if the method of release for these accessories was to be that they’d be packaged with a small figure, then the accessories would have to be themed in order to stand any chance of selling *at retail*- this is because such a thing would require character recognition.  Adding more that such an arrangement might seem odd to the casual buyer, even if themed, and again probably wouldn’t sell too well. So, I agree that themed accessory packs would work, but would *have* to be fan channel exclusives. I also don’t think packing in a small figure would be a necessity. It’s also only a personal preference that I’d prefer a collection of random hands, army building and unmasked heads, weapons, and power effects. Sure I’d still dig a themed X-Men set or Marvel Knights set, but I would prefer accessories that are less specific and just provide us with interchangeable parts for all ML figures. I figure both a set of generic power effects and flight stands would sell well right along with a Spider-Man set loaded with webbing, hands, food, a camera, a crushed Daily Bugel stand, etc. 

Part of the problem with generic packs would be what would be generic enough, as only a few figures share the exact same parts. 

Also the small figure would entice more people and keep them out of the main line. 

38 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Part of the problem with generic packs would be what would be generic enough, as only a few figures share the exact same parts. 

Also the small figure would entice more people and keep them out of the main line. 

I’m thinking power effect attachments of various colors and shapes (an assortment of all the various ones we’ve seen so far), power effects to attach to figures to represent them being attacked by other figures and powers, explosion props (like the Disney Store exclusive Stormtrooper), guns/muzzle flash attachments, blade weapons, tactical vests, diorama pieces like newspaper stands, trash cans, tables/chairs, food/cameras/computers/handheld objects, a collection of swappable portraits for characters that don’t have figures but could be made using these portraits on existing releases (Kingpin/Shadow King as an example), and again, stands and flight stands. I think the options for “generic” accessories are pretty plentiful. None of those things, with the exception of the portraits would necessarily be limited to only one character. 

Simultaneously, focused sets with just Spider-Man accessories or X-Men power effects and alternate body parts could also be provided, and I would buy them. It doesn’t have to be one or the other, which is something I must stress. 

On 7/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, abnuggler said:

- Spiderman Noir: Should have come with a fedora and a revolver not the ugly gun it came with.
- Electro Comic version: Should have come with regular non power hands, (I would have rather have him come with a pair of fists and a pair of open hands, and some of those electricity effects instead of those weird sculpted elecricity hands)
- Red Goblin: Missing it's Glider.
- Beast: better hands (both the alternate hands are weirdly sculpted and since he doesnt come with a book or anything to hold they are useless, should have come with a pair of fists and a pair of open clawing hands), Also should have come with a non screaming head.
- Cannonball: Again everyone agrees he should have come with legs, or at the very least a solid plastic effect with a wall mount hole on the bottom, not the completely hollow effect it comes with (also think the effect should have been a little larger)

- 90's Cable: Alternate gripping left hand (the figure comes with 2 weapons and can only hold one).
- Arcghangel: Retracted wings.
- Weapon X: I think the choise of heads was wrong (the helmeted head should have had teeth showing, look angrier).

YES TO ALL OF THOSE, specially the Cable figure. The guy has so many guns but only 1 gripping hand, while Bishop has 1 gun but has 2 gripping hands... WTH.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, Crossbones666 said:

It would be cool if Hasbro released an accessories pack with various weapons and effects in unique colors that we could use on any figure we choose

YES TO THIS TOO!!! The new 80th Captain America's 2 heads are literally the same head!!! WTH lol

41 minutes ago, americamgl said:

YES TO ALL OF THOSE, specially the Cable figure. The guy has so many guns but only 1 gripping hand, while Bishop has 1 gun but has 2 gripping hands... WTH.

YES TO THIS TOO!!! The new 80th Captain America's 2 heads are literally the same head!!! WTH lol

Yeah, what's up with those Cap portraits? I can tell there are subtle differences in the chin and mouth, but that's it. It looks like they're meant to represent two separate artist renditions of the character. 

5 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Yeah, what's up with those Cap portraits? I can tell there are subtle differences in the chin and mouth, but that's it. It looks like they're meant to represent two separate artist renditions of the character. 

Seems to be the call, the same way Iron Man has a smooth and a indented head