X-Men Vintage 6" Marvel Legends Silver Samurai And Patch Wolverine Figures Review

JayC

Today I take a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Vintage Wave Silver Samurai and Wolverine as Patch figures from Hasbro. You can pre-order these figures at Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai33.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai35.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai36.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai37.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai38.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Vintage-Patch-And-Silver-Samurai39.jpg

8 minutes ago, Batbishop said:

I think we should’ve gotten banshee instead of this Wolverine.

Totally Agree, either Banshee or another villian to have that purple cardback

PS: @JayC you definetely got your wolverine with a packaging error, Ive seen other reviews and the figure should come with a left and right gripping hands not two of the same.

Im happy with the fact that we're getting both Murasama Blades this year (albeit they are pretty much repaints of the same katana accesory) at least hasbro is thinking a little bit with their figures and giving us not just a simple grey sword but if we get this "Patch" figure and the "Cowboy Logan" one we'll be getting both the original Black Murasama Blade (that was forged with part of Murasama's Soul) and the Red Murasama Blade (that was later made by Murasama for Logan infusing part of Logan's Soul), it might not be that intresting to casual collectors or fans but for people who know about Wolverine these are cool accesories (even if they are just repaints of a previous sword)

Well I guess I better throw my two cent in and agree, we could use a new Banshee figure. Anything other than another little ugly wolverine figure. Hate the mask too. I could get this Silver Samurai all day though. And I would like to give a shout out to Michiganjfrog. What a cool name. it reminds me of the cartoons in my day, like Tennessee Tuxedo and them. 

Im very very excitd for Silver Samurai FINALLY... bit of a miss not including a flame sword effect tho but still going to be a great addition to my marvel vs capcom collection. wolverine is an easy pass... i still just cant get over his awful awful headsculpts.. just straight garbo. plus hes pretty friggin boring in this iteration. 

• 2 weeks later...

These figures both look good but something that really bothers me is the fact the Hasbro doesn't paint their swords metallic. Most of them are just this dull gray plastic and it really sucks. The same goes to Wolverine's claws. Even the new X-Force Wolverine's claws aren't painted. AND THEY'RE A NEW SCULPT SO THEY MIGHT AS WELL JUST PAINT IT!! The claws bother me way more than the swords. These ones are extra dull as if it was on purpose.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:11 PM, EvilHayato said:

Im very very excitd for Silver Samurai FINALLY... bit of a miss not including a flame sword effect tho but still going to be a great addition to my marvel vs capcom collection. wolverine is an easy pass... i still just cant get over his awful awful headsculpts.. just straight garbo. plus hes pretty friggin boring in this iteration. 

I don't really get the Wolverine headsculpt complaints.  He's supposed to be a pretty ugly dude.

But regardless, gonna like having that Wolverine.  Even more when I can stick the eyepatch head on him.  But I'll freely admit it's mostly nostalgia at work there since I fondly recall the early days of the Wolverine solo ongoing.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jmacq1 said:

I don't really get the Wolverine headsculpt complaints.  He's supposed to be a pretty ugly dude.

But regardless, gonna like having that Wolverine.  Even more when I can stick the eyepatch head on him.  But I'll freely admit it's mostly nostalgia at work there since I fondly recall the early days of the Wolverine solo ongoing.

Even being ugly, he has to at least look human. Hes had headsculpts that  make him look like a Bogglin. Even if you're ugly, anatomy matters and every unmasked wolverines head anatomy is all over the place. Hes not exactly supposed to look like that kind of ugly, just gruff and has seen some $#!+. Same goes for alot of the figures where they have their eyes 3 eye widths apart.. it doesnt look right and its a particular sculptor thats doing it as its not that consistent with every character.  Alot of Wolverines unmasked heads have also been fairly inconsistent. Theres a new wolverine coming out, I forget which, that has 2 heads, both have different eyelengths apart which is awkward. I know these are only $20 but its enough for me to not grab them. I love wolverine so I want them to be as good as they can be for the pricepoint. Ive seen them do better. Im glad you dig it tho, that fig does set up for some really great potential customs which Ive seen some already!

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:07 PM, Starlord67 said:

Really like the Silver SAMURAI. Will for sure pick him up. Never understood this look on WOLVERINE. Seems a bit silly but I know there has to be a Wolvie anchor in most of the waves. As stated before...would have preferred a Banshee figure.

I passed on the Wolverine here but got the Silver Samurai and he's really put together well. This another of those characters that I never cared that much about in the comics, but seeing him brought to action figure form....ACCURATELY...makes it incredible.

Hasbro, for any gripes I might have on a few of these Legends, I can see quality work being done and as a long time comic collector, just gotta say....thanks....its worth the money.