Marvel Legends 6" X-Force Cannonball Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Using the same tech they have to swap out Mr. Fantastic's arms, they would've been able to give this figure the legs to go along with his flying blast effect. Either that,  or make that effect longer (add 1-2 segments)  'cause right now it looks too stunted. Again, not a character I personally care about but I can definitely see why fans are disappointed.

30 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Is this your pic?  If so, can you plug in to and unplug from the torso and the legs with relative ease?

It is my pic. No it's not really swappable- the connecting piece for this figure is unique. It would be possible to mod the hip piece to accept the new connecting piece with relative ease though. I just wasn't interested in using the blast effect at all. 

6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Gotta admit, i am VERY curious to see how this guy sells, especially given all the complaints about the lack of legs.  

I do plan to get him eventually, but am hoping to score him for significantly less than MSRP.  I do plan to build Wendigo tho which complicates matters a bit.

Yeah, I wondering how this will sell as well.   I was thinking it might be a peg warmer and be on clearance or discounted on Amazon in a few months.   But, I've preordered this figure on Amazon but of FOMO and wanting to complete the X-Force team.

Now, if we can just get a Warpath figure to get with the rest of the team.

I've seen people complaint about certain figures, only to have that figure become hard to find.   Of course, I can't give an example off the top of my head but it has happened.

I like the Wendigo character, but prefer the version that looked more feral... highly doubt Hasbro would re-release Wendigo by just changing the head, and im not gonnna buy Cannonball just to get that leg. So, this will be one figure I wont get...unfortunate, but I need to slow down spending anyway.

5131373-paul_cartier_(earth-616).jpg

1 hour ago, Darth_Primus said:

Yeah, I wondering how this will sell as well.   I was thinking it might be a peg warmer and be on clearance or discounted on Amazon in a few months.   But, I've preordered this figure on Amazon but of FOMO and wanting to complete the X-Force team.

Now, if we can just get a Warpath figure to get with the rest of the team.

I've seen people complaint about certain figures, only to have that figure become hard to find.   Of course, I can't give an example off the top of my head but it has happened.

Spider-ham comes to mind.  Everyone complained about his lack of artic but haven't seen him on pegs in  a long time and  he's going for around  $30 and up loose on ebay.  WIth the BAF piece the price is $40 plus. 

16 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I like the Wendigo character, but prefer the version that looked more feral... highly doubt Hasbro would re-release Wendigo by just changing the head, and im not gonnna buy Cannonball just to get that leg. So, this will be one figure I wont get...unfortunate, but I need to slow down spending anyway.

5131373-paul_cartier_(earth-616).jpg

I doubt a full re-release as well.  What I'm hoping for is a release of an alternate head like they did for Red Skull/Onslaught and Kingpin/Shadow King.

1 hour ago, Starlord67 said:

Didn't HASBRO already do this version ib the Hulk line? 

Yeah, but I never got him and now I like the body for the new one better.  Since I'm buying the whole wave anyway, I'd love a John Byrne head released to keep me from having to go after that old Fin Fang Foom one.

1 minute ago, bashpics99 said:

There's also the old "White Sasquatch" from Toybiz that could be used as a stand-in, I suppose.

No tail!

8 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

No tail!

Good point, i suppose that is a bit of a deal-breaker!!

And i agree, the new figure is probably much better than Fin Fang Foom version except the head, debatably.  I do think that whole wave is pretty good but i do think Guardian, Boom-Boom, and Cannonball could be potential pegwarmers so I'll probably hold off on getting them for awhile... therefore Wendigo could take some time for me to finish. He can join sp//dr,  Caliban, and Prof Hulk in my "to be finished" BAF pile.

3 hours ago, Twizzlerp said:

Stupid question but how do you get the legs off a figure to do this? I bought a hydro man specifically to use his legs/waist for Sam but can’t get the bloody things off!

You'll have to crack the abs apart or the waist piece either will separate the torso from the legs, there are a bunch of tutorials online on how to crack ML bodies apart, the easiest way is to crack the hips apart, remove the peg that unites the legs with the upper body and just put the hips back together with Cannonball's torso (but youll have to fill in the holes of the cracked hips and repaint so its more work), for a more minimal damage to the legs I suggest you crack the abs of Hydroman to separate the legs from the torso, then crack either the abs from cannonball (from the lower part that you wont see when the figure is put back together) or the hips from hyrdoman (these from the upper part that will be covered once you reassemble the figure), then you just put everything back together superglue the piece you cracked open and no repairs needed, now you just need to repaint the legs to match cannonball.

I personaly think the smooth bucky cap mold legs repainted would work better (Shockers would be great cause they have the different kneepads and the brown boots, you'd just have to repaint the hips and legs), but if you want to have legs that have sculpted pants on them a good fit would be either Cap's legs from infinity war or Spiderman Noir's (youd just have to make sure the peg and peg holes are compatible between the legs and the torso, sometimes these change from mold to mold) Im sure in costumizing forums many people woud know.