What Spiderman villans still need the ML treatment?

Starlord67

Alistair Smythe springs to mind, especially since he's so unique looking. Swarm is an obvious choice, though I have to admit that I'm not totally sure how Hasbro is going to pull that off. It could either be really cool, or really uncool. Vermin is also a no-brainer since they can take the Jackal buck and run with it. Also, as thoroughly discussed in another thread - Demogoblin. 

Id love to hasbro do another take on carnage, I know he just had a re-release, but I say this cause I feel like the only way we're ever getting Shriek is in some kind of Carnage 2-pack, but Id love to see it happen. The rest of the life foundation symbiotes would be nice. Id be down for some kind of spider-slayer baf too

14 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Alistair Smythe springs to mind, especially since he's so unique looking. Swarm is an obvious choice, though I have to admit that I'm not totally sure how Hasbro is going to pull that off. It could either be really cool, or really uncool. Vermin is also a no-brainer since they can take the Jackal buck and run with it. Also, as thoroughly discussed in another thread - Demogoblin. 

All great choices.  I forgot about Swarm, but I'd love to see Hasbro try that one.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:46 AM, leokearon said:

Vulture without his wings would be a really dumb idea. There is no way, they would do it

Hmmm, you'd think, right? As for my picks, the only truly outstanding ones I can think of are Toomes Vulture, Cardiac, Swarm, Demogoblin, Vermin (hello, Jackal mold), and a Tarantula redo would be much appreciated. And if you really wanna get crazy they could do a black Spidey suit on the Reaper buck to represent Kraven posing as Spider-Man. They've got a few existing Kraven head sculpts lying around, don't they?

vulture lacking.gif

55 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Hmmm, you'd think, right? As for my picks, the only truly outstanding ones I can think of are Toomes Vulture, Cardiac, Swarm, Demogoblin, Vermin (hello, Jackal mold), and a Tarantula redo would be much appreciated. And if you really wanna get crazy they could do a black Spidey suit on the Reaper buck to represent Kraven posing as Spider-Man. They've got a few existing Kraven head sculpts lying around, don't they?

vulture lacking.gif

He came with wings, you had to build them.

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Along with a proper Demogoblin and Carrion to fill out the Carnage Crew. Heroes side we need Firestar

Yeah but there's the Spider-Man Classics Demogoblin that Hasbro released, proper colors, flaming glider, it's a great figure still, so it'd be better if they focused on Shriek and Carrion first.

9 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

Yeah but there's the Spider-Man Classics Demogoblin that Hasbro released, proper colors, flaming glider, it's a great figure still, so it'd be better if they focused on Shriek and Carrion first.

And how many years ago?

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

He came with wings, you had to build them.

He came with a piece of wing. If you wanted the whole thing you had to buy the whole wave. It's the biggest screw job Hasbro ever pulled. If Toomes had operated anywhere in the movie as Vulture using only the helmet and claws I wouldn't have been so pissed, but that wasn't the case. If he was wearing the helmet and the claws he was wearing the wings, it was a package deal. Hasbro literally sold us 2/3 of a figure and we all just took it. I hope they never pull that crap again. If they ever do a classic Vulture the thing better damn well have wings. Like you, I like to think there's no way they would pull another Sam Cap, but they've done it twice so far so I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, monron999 said:

He came with a piece of wing. If you wanted the whole thing you had to buy the whole wave. It's the biggest screw job Hasbro ever pulled. If Toomes had operated anywhere in the movie as Vulture using only the helmet and claws I wouldn't have been so pissed, but that wasn't the case. If he was wearing the helmet and the claws he was wearing the wings, it was a package deal. Hasbro literally sold us 2/3 of a figure and we all just took it. I hope they never pull that crap again. If they ever do a classic Vulture the thing better damn well have wings. Like you, I like to think there's no way they would pull another Sam Cap, but they've done it twice so far so I'm not holding my breath.

I think the idea was to have a movie accurate vulture with wings to scale. If people didn't they could buy the basic figure, but there was no way they could sell an accurate wing set with a vulture for a reasonable price point.

The comic version won't have the same problem, since they could do something similar to Darkhawk

Most of the bigger-name villains left to do have already been mentioned, so I won't rehash.  A couple I don't recall seeing that I would like:

The Foreigner (He'd be pretty simple but I like the character...probably have to change his name or something though)

Ana Kravinoff

More on the "supporting character" side I'd like to see Solo, Rocket Racer, and Man-Wolf

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

I think the idea was to have a movie accurate vulture with wings to scale. If people didn't they could buy the basic figure, but there was no way they could sell an accurate wing set with a vulture for a reasonable price point.

The comic version won't have the same problem, since they could do something similar to Darkhawk

I agree, but they coulda done it better than a Finish-A-Figure concept. They shoulda done the entire figure as a BAF cuz as wide as it was all put together it probably took less plastic than your average BAF (those wings were paper thin). Secondly, they coulda done it as a deluxe pack rather than that Spider-Man/Ultimate Vulture pack. That Vulture could have been put into the wave and we really didn't need that Spidey all that much. It's nothing worth arguing about cuz I've argued this before ad nauseam and no one ever concedes, but to assume Hasbro "would never" is just funny to me cuz they would, and they have, and nothing I've seen from them can convince me that they won't again.

And you're right, doing it the way they did Darkhawk would be the way to go and the same can be said for a classic Falcon, yet here we are, how many years in, and where are either of them? I'll continue to hope and continue to anticipate but I stopped holding my breath long ago.

23 hours ago, leokearon said:

And how many years ago?

When it comes to a figure that holds up that's forgivable.  Better they get some new characters out and let the re-dos go for a bit.  They won't top the range of articulation with the current goblin mold, and they definitely won't give us a good glider with a new figure, the ones that came with Green Goblin and Hobgoblin were pathetic compared to their ToyBiz counterparts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, mako said:

So basically you're saying the more modern villains?

I couldn't agree more. As much as I love the classics, they're starting to repeat themselves. A few modern villains peppered in there will keep the line fresh.

None of those characters are modern, Morlun is the most recent and he's from 2001