Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Thor 6" Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Thor 6" figure from Hasbro. Marvel Legends are available at our sponsor Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for these figures below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts on it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-80-Thor-15.jpg

Ashame no comparison to the Giantman Toybiz wave Thor. This one looks very close to that one but Id like to see how they stack up to eachother. Definitely going to be my first Thor fig as this one looks the best done in a long time!

Finally, finally! the TRUE Son of Odin, made manifest! They did a fantastic job with this classic Thor and restored him to his proper glory- I've been terribly disappointed with every other version since the  great Toybiz figure (did that really come out in 2002? Have I been collecting these things that long!) so I was really pleased with this one. Gripes: red is too dull, this should be brighter. Hair is too stiff and hinders movement; maybe a softer plastic for the hair? Boot wrappings look too loose (but yes, a number of artists drew them that way). All of that is minor, though, compared to the overall work. And man did they work this one! Huge arms, great articulation, and love that they didn't wedge the cloak into his back with that big slab of plastic used back in 2002. It would be nice to have a bearded head, 2 fists instead of one, whirling hammer effect and some lightning...but seriously, this is hands down the best Thor they've done and my hat's off to Hasbro. ALL HAIL....the Asgardian Avenger! The Mighty THOR!!

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Ashame no comparison to the Giantman Toybiz wave Thor. This one looks very close to that one but Id like to see how they stack up to eachother. Definitely going to be my first Thor fig as this one looks the best done in a long time!

He thought the last time this costume was made was in December 2002. It was the very opening line of the video. So he either forgot, or doesn't know about the one from the Giant Man wave in 2006. Little chance a seeing a comparison at that point.

Just when you think you have enough Thor figures they go and do this. I count eight including the old famous covers figure. But this is a must have for me. Got rid of my old Giantman BAF wave Thor long ago. This will be a nice replacement. As far as a nit pick, the hammers handle is a bit short. but he can have one of the other figures hammer if need be. I'm sure they will love that.

I'm glad we finally have a new Classic Thor but Hasbro was pretty cheap to not include a second head like the other sets have, such as an alternate pissed-off, yelling head or any lightning or Mjolnir effects. This head is good, but bland. Hasbro really needs to do something for characters who can use more effects like Thor can- A Mjolnir with lightning crackling around it, a Mjolnir with a clear "returning to hand" effect, A Mjolnir with an arc energy effect like being swung down, a spinning Mjolnir effect (I know Marvel Select has one, but I am just saying). Along with a Casket of Ancient Winters and a Thor frog, that's a pretty nice accessory set. Throw in some more alternate heads (Ex: helmetless, Hela damaged face covered by cape, bearded Simonson Thor)  and you have a nice online exclusive accessory set for someone. 

Then maybe they can do some for other hero/team accessory sets. 

A Spider-man accessory set could come with not only alternate Spidey heads, but maybe a Mary Jane screaming head, Gwen Stacy screaming head,  Spider-sense effect,  web effects,  and possibly even alternate villain heads and hands that have web on the face or binding the hands, (ex: for Rhino, Lizard) etc.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, RAMCAT said:

That's a mighty fine looking figure if I must say so m'self.

Hope they retool that mold to match a classic BRBill one day.

Exactly the reason I didn't get the current Beta Ray Bill going up on the new Marvel Legends hulk baf now. Never been a fan of most "knock-off" characters (like almost the entire Bat Man family, or any of the non Hank Pym Ant-Man/Goliath characters- but I DO like Miles Morales and Power Girl....so go figure...) but if I'm gonna get him, I want him in his classic outfit. That Marvel Universe version was insanely good!

s-l640v.jpg

Admittedly I'm no big Thor fan but i do always seem to like him as in Avengers, the figure itself looks indeed promising to go if i wanted one specific Thor Figure, so yeh this figure is nice and quite a good review he did on that figure.

I'm loving how this Thor figure turned out. The head sculpt is good and I like the added touch with the hammer having the scripture in the side. One tiny gripe is that there aren't any alternate hands. It should've came with a pair of fists, grip hands, and open hands. Also it's weird how the wings on the helmet is a lighter silver than the actual helmet and some color variation in the hair would've been nice. These are just minor gripes tho.

Bout time Hasbro nailed the hgt scale on Thor. All those giant sized  outta scale Thors they were making since 2011 were deal breakers for me. Now he looks  his actual comic based hgt of 6'6 when standing next to his fellow Avengers & not towering over them like he was 7'6.  Now would be the perfect time to make a deluxe box set of Erik Masterson Thor box set with a properly scaled classic Wrecking crew as that current batch of figures are also on outta scale & on awful outdated bucks. Include an alternate Bearded Thor head & lots of alternate open/closed fists hands for the crew.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Thor along with ironman yesterday! Some pics of the Son of Odin. At 6'6 640lbs, Thor is taller than any other male Avenger with only Hercules at 6'5 coming close to him in hgt & physical muscle mass.  Namor is no slouch in the comics at 6'2 320lbs & pressing over 100 tons when fully submerged underwater Thor makes him look like a guppie. Vision is 6'3, 300lbs but as an android, is almost always portrayed as very lean & muscular & can press 75 tons. Ironman is 6'2 300lbs in armor. Black Panther is 6ft 200lbs, Black Knight is 6ft 190lbs, Quicksilver is 6ft 175lbs, Hawkeye is 6'3 , 230lbs. Of everyone I mentioned, I feel Hawkeye should have been on a slightly bigger buck. Posted a few scale comp pics of shellhead for reference as well. Hasbro really nailed the scale with these 2 legendary Avengers! They are both the perfect hgt.

DSCF8294.JPG

DSCF8296.JPG

DSCF8305.JPG

DSCF8306.JPG

DSCF8308.JPG

DSCF8309.JPG

DSCF8311.JPG

DSCF8316.JPG

DSCF8320.JPG

DSCF8314.JPG