Will Hasbro make movie X-Men Marvel Legends?

komododragin

Now that Disney owns Fox, will Hasbro make plans to release marvel legends for the Fox X-Men movies? Do they even have the rights or licenses? Explain why or why not, and if you think they will, which characters would you want to see? Please comment what your top three would be. Mine would be Logan, Professor X (Patrick Stewart), and Beast (Kelsey Grammer).

They will once the X-Men make their way to the MCU, but dont expect figures from the previous X-Men movies any time soon if ever, Im sure Disney has no plans what so ever to incorporate those movies or anything from them to their MCU, theyll just reboot the whole X-Men and F4 Franchises in their own way with new actors and new stories and then (if hasbro still owns the rights to produce marvel figures) we'll get figures from those new X-Men movies that will be part of the MCU and will be 100% done by Disney.
Im pretty sure we won't ever be getting figures from the previous X-Men Movies (Not because Hasbro wouldn't want to, but Disney probably wouldnt like new product referencing those movies, even if they now "Own" the rights to the characters and technically own those movies it doesnt mean they own completely everything that has to do with these movies, there are a lot of factors when it comes to these things, like likeness rights, producers usually also tend to have some form of control or get money of these movies and merchandising and stuff like that, so Disney probably wouldnt want to advertise a movie they dont fully own, thus hasbro as a partner wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of Disney/Marvel in trying to make figures from these movie) If we ever do It'll probably be only of Deadpool (since that's still continuing with Marvel) and if there ever was a figure I could see being done from those previous movies it would be a Hugh Jackman "Legacy type" of figure since he is so well known for the character and his portrayal is so loved by fans that I could see Marvel being ok with a figure of him being made but the rest are probably never going to be made.

They made a 3.75 inch Rami spider-man as an exclusive once, though was before there was a new spider-man that replaced him. I think if it's gonna happen, now is the time. In this window inbetween the new and old. Id still love to have the DOFP sentinel. Both 70's and 20's. No actor has to say yes to that. Kitty would be nice as she is one of the only ones from 1-3 to not get a figure. I think deadpool stuff has the best chance though, since it's proven pretty popular.

As everyone else has said, I think the chances of any figures based on the existing X-Men films ever being produced are slim to none. The handling, release, and success (or lack thereof) of Dark Phoenix shows that those in control chose to let that franchise die a mostly quiet death, so that Disney could raise X-Men from the forgotten ashes...yes, like a Phoenix. With that in mind, producing toys of a franchise they want to be forgotten wouldn’t make sense for Disney. Tbh, I don’t even see a new Hugh Jackman Wolverine ever being produced by Hasbro, unless it’s some sort of exclusive based on a future cameo from a Deadpool film or something. 

I do, however, believe that we will certainly see X-Men figures produced once those characters are introduced into the MCU. Maybe I’m biased, but I have a feeling that the X-Men are going to become the new Avengers in the sense of being an MCU anchor for film phases. 

As for character choices, that’s going to totally depend on what characters make the cut into the MCU and in what form. Speaking of my preferences for existing X-Men comic characters, I hope we are presented with properly fleshed out MCU versions of Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm (at the very least), and would then like figures of said characters.