Marvel Legends 6" X-Force Wave Boom Boom Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Cool-looking figure imo.  I vaguely remember her from Secret Wars II but am not overly familiar with the character, but i plan to get her at some point. nevertheless. However I'll probably wait a little while as i suspect she might not sell all that well so maybe i can get her on sale.  The question is whether this character's popularity is more akin to someone like Jubilee or is it more like Songbird or Blink.

53 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

The question is whether this character's popularity is more akin to someone like Jubilee or is it more like Songbird or Blink.

Probably more like Songbird and Blink.  Remember, Jubilee was our teenage POV character for arguably the most popular incarnation of the X-Men.  She was being prominently featured in a best-selling comic book title and and a hit Saturday morning animated series simultaneously.  All this at a time when many of today's adult action figure collectors (me included) were at impressionable ages.  I love Boom-Boom and I'm psyched for this figure, but she's got none of that.

Boom Boom looks great and will go great with my Xforce but I will definitely hold off on her for a bit until I get my more demanded figs and then snag her down the line. I gotta get her for that wendigo afterall. 

11 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

So they repaint Jubilee's heads, but she gets a great blast effect that Jubi didn't? I call shenanigans 

Id say because Jubilee had alot of new parts and boom boom here is consisting mostly of reused parts. But it wouldve been nice to have at least got a reuse of that special effect they love to put with every other figure. 

Just now, EvilHayato said:

Id say because Jubilee had alot of new parts and boom boom here is consisting mostly of reused parts. But it wouldve been nice to have at least got a reuse of that special effect they love to put with every other figure. 

They also might've thought Jubes is more popular, while Boom Boom needs a little bit extra to help boost sales. I dunno

8 hours ago, newcollector24680 said:

I've never heard of this character before or this version of the X-Force that she's in. I'm more familiar with the team with Wolverine, X-23, Deadpool, etc.

You must be a youngster!  Boom Boom was a founding member of the original X-Force.  It was a very 90's team in very 90's times.

2 minutes ago, newcollector24680 said:

Yeah, I'm 14. 

Ah to be young again. I remember buying my first ML when I was your age. Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here, feel free to ask about any character you may not know about but are interested, someone will surely answer.