New Marvel Legends 6" Jim Lee Style X-Men Jean Grey Figure Revealed!?!

JayC

MarvelousNews forum moderator Tarot gives us a heads up at what might be our first look at a new 6" Marvel Legends X-Men Jim Lee/90's style Jean Grey figure via a poster Hasbro will be giving out at their booth this week during SDCC which re-creates the famous Jim Lee X-Men #1 gatefold comic book cover using modern Hasbro Marvel Legends X-Men figures.

Hasbro released a Jim Lee style version of Jean Grey back in 2013 and while the figure shown in this new poster looks very similar to that figure, there are a few notable differences. The figure in the poster has two open hands and the hair and mask on the headsculpt look a bit different. The upper legs also look different.

The image of the poster which comes via IGN unfortunately does not give us a hi-res look at the Jean Grey figure so its hard to tell if the figure is completely new or reusing some parts from the older figure.

If this is in fact a new figure being released, it will likely see release in a rumored 3-pack titled "Love Triangle," which is said to include figures of Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey.

You can check out images of the poster including a look at Jean below as well as a comparison image of the old figure and this new image I put together so you can judge for yourself the differences between the two.

It's a safe bet we will get a confirmation of the figure this week as SDCC kicks off tomorrow evening (7/17) with Preview Night. If there is a new Jean figure on hand there we will bring you hi-res images of it for your viewing pleasure.

Jean-Grey-01.jpg

Jean-Grey-02.jpg

Jean-Grey-03 1.jpg

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

Here is an image some one done on facebook

FB_IMG_1563291037714.jpg

Yeah thats just the same image someone tried to crop. The original image isn't very hi-res though so no amount of cropping is gonna give us a super clear look at it. Honestly this figure looks very similar to the old one. Its a new headsculpt but very similar to the older one, I feel the headsculpt is where the figure needed the most improvement and at least based on this image im a little disappointed. Maybe it will look better when I see it in person or we get better quality images. The legs or at least upper legs look new but art to tell if the arms and torso are the same or new. Unless the Wolverine and Cyclops really wow me, I may just stick with my original one which is still new to me, being I just got it a few months ago 🙂

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yeah thats just the same image someone tried to crop. The original image isn't very hi-res though so no amount of cropping is gonna give us a super clear look at it. Honestly this figure looks very similar to the old one. Its a new headsculpt but very similar to the older one, I feel the headsculpt is where the figure needed the most improvement and at least based on this image im a little disappointed. Maybe it will look better when I see it in person or we get better quality images. The legs or at least upper legs look new but art to tell if the arms and torso are the same or new. Unless the Wolverine and Cyclops really wow me, I may just stick with my original one which is still new to me, being I just got it a few months ago 🙂

The new one uses the newer legs (the older one had the smaller hip joints). I think the torso is different as well. Could be wrong though

I don't have one and I missed on Cyclops, so whatever thing Hasbro is putting out there I'm game. Hopefully is not an exclusive hard to get.  I need to build that cover. 

I have both the original Jean and Cyclops (and probably have the original wolverine that will be packed in this set as well, my money is itll be a repack of the Apocalypse Wave Wolverine with the Colors from the 80th 2-Pack Wolverine, but its just a hunch), either way I'd gladly get this set just for jean she is in dire need for an update, and if we get updates for cyclops like alternate heads with the beam effects that would be welcomed (Personaly I'd like him to have the Jacket just so we could get a "different" cyclops, but many pople missed out on the previous one so It'd be ok for just a repack for their sake) Hopefuly like many have pointed out this isnt a hard to get exclusive (like amazon or target) those seem to not make it to my country.

I really hope that is the Jean from the rumored 3-pack.  

It looks like in addition to the sculpt differences (new head, torso/hips and upper legs) they have muted the paint and lost the metallic finish to the blue parts of the costume.  

I haven't been able to bring myself to spend the $75 - $100 to get the figure from the Rocket Raccoon wave, and I prefer the non-metallic paint finish.  

Come on Hasbro don't let us down! 

5 minutes ago, Jiris said:

Hopefully the love Triangle Cyclops will be with the leather jacket.....I really don’t need another Wolverine!

I know a lot of folks would like to see the Jim Lee Cyclops re-released, even if it is with a slight deco change like the change between the Juggernaut wave Wolverine and the Retro wave Wolverine. 

I wouldn't mind a combination of the Old Man Logan jacket and arms with the Legendary Riders Wolverine...

Initial squeal of delight replaced by slightly resigned sigh.

Yes, we need a new (Uncanny) X-Men Jean Grey, but the emphasis should be on NEW. Hasbro's ancient XM 1992 ML Jean - like Juggernaut BAF Phoenix - was dull, flat and bad, suffering from lazy sculpting and bad cases of both oversized head & bendy leg syndrome. Trust me: it's a flat-out bad figure and you don't want it (see below). Unless, of course, I sell mine on eBay...

For me, the first and only decent Marvel Legends Jean Grey ever has been the Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2-pack sculpt: perfect in every way, and with three great swap heads. Considering the characters importance, she's welI overdue and hopefully she'll get the Emma Frost treatment: swap heads, effects and a (new) sculpt, fit for 2019.

As part of a three-pack with Wolverine & Cyclops too? Meh. In an alternate reality somewhere though, Hasbro is doing these three in their Age of Apocalypse togs....now, who the hell wouldn't pop for that? Not hard - new head sculpts for all & some 'hand' work for AOA Weapon X (Wolverine) Especially as Jean got as far as an AOA prototype as a swap for the Hasbro Jim Lee JGrey. Actually, put me down for ANYTHING AOA...my poor old Toyfare Exclusive AOA Sunfire (still a great fig, btw) has been on his own waaaay too long.

IMG_20190716_223720.jpg

11 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Well I have no doubt in my mind she is going to be much better than the last one lol I'm psyched.

OH YES, I'm so psyched as well! It looks amazing on the picture and I love it. 

Although, the previous version was OK there was something about the head sculpt that I didn't like.

Hope we will get some real figure images this weekend at you know what.

29 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but IF they have to pack her with Cyclops and Wolverine, I want Cyke to have the blast effects that the vintage series comes with.

I'm with you. That would be easy for Hasbro, simple repaint of the vintage figure head.

And Wolverine with new claws?