Marvel Legends 6" X-Force Wave Guardian Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

6 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

That's a real pity that they didn't stick with that amazing metallic paint job, because it looked phenomenal. Ah well. Still getting it, because I love Alpha Flight.

Yeah that was way preferable to the bright red here, i dunno what happened.  But yes I'll end up getting him at some point, he will likely pegwarm so i'll try and wait for a sale.  Although i keep saying that about figs from other waves and it hasn't happened much because my figure budget keeps going towards getting the "must-have" figures from the endless waves Hasbro keeps releasing back-to-back.  

The Hasbro bucks are already made for the remaining core AF members. Aurora & NorthStar just need new head sculpts as does Shaman & Snowbird would just need a similar type of cape that Storm has & come with artic Owl/wolf/wolverine accessories. I do think a brand new Puck with the correct amount of articulation & normal sized head is much in need of a re-do. The BAF one featured a pin head & limited POA. A classic Box as a BAF would be awesome as well.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, Air-Walker said:

That's a real pity that they didn't stick with that amazing metallic paint job, because it looked phenomenal. Ah well. Still getting it, because I love Alpha Flight.

The conspiracy-minded might suspect they deliberately gave him this candy- @$$ cheap look, just to make sure you upgrade when they triple-pack him with the twins, or Shaman and Puck. THAT version will have the more metallic look red paint. But then, conspiracy types are all paranoid nuts anyway, right?

23 hours ago, newcollector24680 said:

Oh I'm sure Hasbro has plans for the rest of Alpha Flight. Considering they put out the team leader.

Don't pin your hopes on that, because history says otherwise. They never completed the line back when they did the first Guardian figure. Even in the Marvel Universe line, we never got a full-up Alpha Flight. Hasbro has done Major Vance Astro, but we haven't seen any of the other original Guardians in 6" form; they've not completed the Inhumans either. I for one sure hold out for such, but just saying, just because they did this or that figure for a group, doesn't guarantee the whole team will make it. But ...fingers crossed, eh?

Always loved this character because I have fond memories of Captain Canuck...also remember back in the day of Bowen busts, one of my first statues was the "chrome" metallic version of Guardian (back when he was called Vindicator). So was really stoked they were upgrading the Hasbro Ares wave version to modern day....but now disappointed they didn't keep the metallic paint. Also, what in the world is with the grumpy old man face?? Still, glad to see he's on the way....but they could've done better.

Vindicator.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-Booth-Images-12__scaled_600.jpg

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Always loved this character because I have fond memories of Captain Canuck...also remember back in the day of Bowen busts, one of my first statues was the "chrome" metallic version of Guardian (back when he was called Vindicator). So was really stoked they were upgrading the Hasbro Ares wave version to modern day....but now disappointed they didn't keep the metallic paint. Also, what in the world is with the grumpy old man face?? Still, glad to see he's on the way....but they could've done better.

Vindicator.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-Booth-Images-12__scaled_600.jpg

Could not agree more! 

I like Guardian and would have bought this figure but hate the head so have no interest in him and is a pass. Not only do I hate the super-pissed expression, I think the head is too big? It just looks wrong. I also agree he needs the metallic red and that the previous guardian looked so much nicer with the blue spray highlights as well

I really don't see this "big head" syndrome some of you see with Guardian. I'd rather it be somewhat on the large side if it is than be pin head size. Same with Quicksilver. He sports a very pissed off head sculpt IMO that would be great to customize into a Batman head. I do wish they had included an alternate non POed head sculpt though.  Wolvy was originally a member of AF prior to becoming an X-man so I will be putting him with Guardian & Sasquatch on some Pre-X-Men missions. We do need the rest of the core members done which is just 4 more ( Shaman-NorthStar-Aurora & Snowbird) Was never big on Marina. I do wish they also give us classic BOX  as a BAF. A new updated more articulated Puck with non pea sized cranium would be much appreciated as well. Hasbro makes those on my list & I'd be done & content with Alpha Flight!

Box 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

We do need the rest of the core members done which is just 4 more ( Shaman-NorthStar-Aurora & Snowbird)

NorthStar and Aurora are probably coming. We got 3'7" figures of them a few years ago and almost all the recent 3,7" figures has been turned into Legends after a while (like the recent Living Laser).

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, Deaths_Head said:

"... I also agree he needs the metallic red and that the previous guardian looked so much nicer"

I'm wondering why don't any of these toy reviewers ask the panel what made them change from the metallic promo version to something else? Why do some figures get "bendy" parts and others don't (Doc Ock no, Scorpion yes) ? Why the scrawny female buck? Why did Proxima get double jointed elbows but none of the other female figures do? Don't get me wrong, im not saying I refuse to buy Guardian, I'm just curious what goes behind these decisions. This would be a perfect opportunity to ask.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:21 PM, Atlantis said:

Don't pin your hopes on that, because history says otherwise. They never completed the line back when they did the first Guardian figure. Even in the Marvel Universe line, we never got a full-up Alpha Flight. Hasbro has done Major Vance Astro, but we haven't seen any of the other original Guardians in 6" form; they've not completed the Inhumans either. I for one sure hold out for such, but just saying, just because they did this or that figure for a group, doesn't guarantee the whole team will make it. But ...fingers crossed, eh?

Yeah, but I mean this is a pretty easy team to complete and they made the Leader of all characters so I'm like 80% sure we'll get Alpha Flight.

23 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm wondering why don't any of these toy reviewers ask the panel what made them change from the metallic promo version to something else? Why do some figures get "bendy" parts and others don't (Doc Ock no, Scorpion yes) ? Why the scrawny female buck? Why did Proxima get double jointed elbows but none of the other female figures do? Don't get me wrong, im not saying I refuse to buy Guardian, I'm just curious what goes behind these decisions. This would be a perfect opportunity to ask.

marvel_legends_guardian_figure.jpg

I don't have any of the other answers, but if I recall correctly, the bendy issue was a matter of safety regulations. Since it's a bendy metal wire, the plastic around it has to have certain thickness in order to be sold at retail. Thickness that doc ock and nightcrawler don't have, but scorpion does.

1 minute ago, memocromatico said:

I don't have any of the other answers, but if I recall correctly, the bendy issue was a matter of safety regulations. Since it's a bendy metal wire, the plastic around it has to have certain thickness in order to be sold at retail. Thickness that doc ock and nightcrawler don't have, but scorpion does.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that. I imagine that's why Mr. Fantastic came with bendy arms- not only would it be appropriate for the character, his arms would be thicker than a tail. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...