Hasbro Going Hard to Finish 90's X-Rosters?

monron999

25 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Pretty exciting news out of SDCC. I didn't think the idea motivating this thread was actually on the minds of the creators. The Cyclops and Jean Grey 3-pack looks awesome and is good news since those two are hard to come by these days. Bone claws Wolverine is neat. I'm excited about the 2-pack as well. The news did provoke a couple of questions.

1. Why do you think they are working to finish the 90's rosters. I think I've heard that the 90's was bad for the comics industry, but good for the X-Men. Is it because they had the successful cartoon and many of these figures appeared in these costumes there? I

2. Do you think they have had this sort of priority for other X-teams? One can assemble almost all of the second team save Thunderbird. The Outback team is close now with Dazzler. They could do a shirtless Colossus or a green hoodie Rogue. I'm sure everyone is clamoring for that purple nightgown Psylocke.

3. Do you think they have this sort of priority for any other Marvel teams? How many versions of the Avengers can one assemble (pun intended)? I can think of a few.

Thoughts anyone?

1. Because the 90's was the period for the X-men when the pretty much dominated Marvel. Also because of the cartoon, they are riding on Nostalgia, one of marketings biggest weapons

2.  Not really, they are close with some teams but not others. It is clear the 90's have prioti

3. Other teams clearly don't have prioity, the Avenger waves prove this being largely a miscellaneous wave. Also the avengers are all over the place with costumes. They aren't as focused as the X-men teams 

2 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Pretty exciting news out of SDCC. I didn't think the idea motivating this thread was actually on the minds of the creators. The Cyclops and Jean Grey 3-pack looks awesome and is good news since those two are hard to come by these days. Bone claws Wolverine is neat. I'm excited about the 2-pack as well. The news did provoke a couple of questions.

1. Why do you think they are working to finish the 90's rosters. I think I've heard that the 90's was bad for the comics industry, but good for the X-Men. Is it because they had the successful cartoon and many of these figures appeared in these costumes there? I

2. Do you think they have had this sort of priority for other X-teams? One can assemble almost all of the second team save Thunderbird. The Outback team is close now with Dazzler. They could do a shirtless Colossus or a green hoodie Rogue. I'm sure everyone is clamoring for that purple nightgown Psylocke.

3. Do you think they have this sort of priority for any other Marvel teams? How many versions of the Avengers can one assemble (pun intended)? I can think of a few.

Thoughts anyone?

1.  Early 90's was when the X-Men were king of the heap where comics were concerned.  It was the mid-late 90's that got bad, but not really for the X-Men, who had a successful cartoon and a heap of toys getting made.

2.  Outback X-Men are...barely done at all, really.  An 80's Rogue (Green/Black), a new Longshot and Classic Havok, an armored Psylocke, a shirtless Colossus, and an accurate Storm (She had a different outfit from the Jim Lee look) are all missing.  Basically Wolverine is the only one that's "fully accurate" and Dazzler is "close enough" (though an unheadbanded-head and no jacket would be more representative of the period).

Second-wave X-Factor is actually quite close with the announcements from SDCC:  Only need an accurate Wolfsbane.  Madrox, Alex, Lorna, Pietro, and Guido are all either made or announced.

Blue-and-Gold X-Men only technically have one recent release but should actually be pretty easy to complete.

Classic X-Force needs OG Warpath, Feral, Rictor, Sunspot, and at least a new Domino head.

Really only the Blue and Gold teams are  "complete" (including announced figures).

3.  Well, they finished the Fantastic Four at Walgreen's....  But otherwise no, aside from completing accumulations of MCU Avengers.

2000s reboot of New Mutants is getting a lot closer later this year, granted 3/4 of the completed line-up all come from that one Walgreens exclusive. But Dani, Karma, Warlock, and Wolfsbane is still a good start. Hell, even Blink and X-Man are probably close enough for a lot of people, if you want to put together the later line-up, and Cannonball, Cypher, Magik, Magma, and Sunspot would finish it up. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think Wolfsbane was ever a member of that iteration of the team, which makes the inclusion of her head and hands, over Magma's, all the more baffling (beyond the hands just looking weird with the long gloves, and the fact that Rahne is a bit shorter than the others).

Oh, Bendis's Uncanny X-Men core team is 3/4 done, with Cyclops, Emma, and Magik. Actually, maybe it's just Walgreens that's trying to finish teams... Either way, a Magneto repaint to round it out feels like basicslly a sure thing to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm more a fan of classic 70s-80s X-Men, so those are the teams I want completed which we just need a handful such as classic Banshee, T-bird, 1st app Storm, classic Angel in either his blue or red or both costumes & a Classic Havok re-do. Was never a huge fan of X-force, but do want a Warpath, New Mutants, Excaliber asides from classic Captain Britain whom I hope they make. 90s JL team is just bout complete. Don't care for any 2000s versions of the team.  I would like to see the Starjammers get some love before all is said & done with ML line as well as more members of the IG. Make Wolvy in a Fang costume & include a Fang alternate head,

2 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

I hope so, although they seem to be on an Age of Apocalypse kick.  Yes, still 90’s, but 616 teams we still want to compete 

Still waiting for Morph to complete the XTAS team. As for the AOA, I would prefer they focused on the "survivors"

28 minutes ago, komododragin said:

Which animated series version, before or after being turned nuts?

If they're going for a Morph TAS version (head + Blue and yellow costume), they can totally include both good and eye bagged Morph plus an extra head like a Gambit. Perhaps there's a way to copy the Mystique/Rogue head and do a half Morph half someone else.

That jacketted Cyclops torso + arms from the Love Triangle 3-pack is giving me good ideas. Combine that with parts from Forge and all you'll need is a Morph head.