Marvel Legends 6" Avengers: Endgame Wave 3 Official Images

JayC

Shown below are the official images for Hasbro's newly announced third wave of 6" Avengers: Endgame movie based Marvel Legends with the build-A-Figure being based on Bro-Thor. You can pre-order these at BigBadToyStore.com.

The wave includes the following:

Iron Man Mark 85
3 Alternate hands
Power gauntlet
4 Effect pieces
Thor arm

Avengers Movie Captain America
Shield
Thor arm

Iron Patriot Mrk 2
2 Thor heads

Vision
Stormbreaker
Thor body

Heimdall
Hofund sword
Thor leg

Valkyrie
Sword and sheath
Thor leg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-00.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-01.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-03.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-04.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-05.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-06.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-07.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-08.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-09.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-10.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-11.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-12.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Wave-3-13.jpg

Really liking that Iron Man.  It's nice to get 4 blast effects instead of just 1 or 2.   It looks to me like the repulsor blasting hands have a swivel so you can pivot the hand up and down.  Really looking forward to that feature if that is indeed the case.  Also, I read that the nano-gauntlet is supposed to fit on the BAF Hulk.  If it does then I assume the gauntlet is hollow up to the fist.  I could have sworn I saw an image of Hulk wearing it on a video or something, but now I can't seem to find any image.  I wonder if this also means you can fit it on the non-armored Thanos?  Lastly, I think the hand with the quantum GPS is meant for Thor, so Iron Man really has 2 alternate hands (a fist and a repulsor blasting hand).

Anyone have any thoughts on Iron Man?  Is what I said seem correct?

Just now, sharky1999 said:

Really liking that Iron Man.  It's nice to get 4 blast effects instead of just 1 or 2.   It looks to me like the repulsor blasting hands have a swivel so you can pivot the hand up and down.  Really looking forward to that feature if that is indeed the case.  Also, I read that the nano-gauntlet is supposed to fit on the BAF Hulk.  If it does then I assume the gauntlet is hollow up to the fist.  I could have sworn I saw an image of Hulk wearing it on a video or something, but now I can't seem to find any image.  I wonder if this also means you can fit it on the non-armored Thanos?  Lastly, I think the hand with the quantum GPS is meant for Thor, so Iron Man really has 2 alternate hands (a fist and a repulsor blasting hand).

Anyone have any thoughts on Iron Man?  Is what I said seem correct?

I believe you are correct. On all things. Only dissappointment is not being able to put the gauntlet on armored Thanos. The Quantum GPS does appear to be for Thor, since it has his fingerless gloves. 

31 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Just realised Thor's hands are sculpted with the fingerless gloves but not painted.

yeah theres definitely some texture there, that is pretty damn shoddy to do for actual glamour shots of the figs you are trying to sell.. i wonder if they will fix it when they are released.. 

That Cap is going to pegwarm sooooo hard. And wow they really overhauled war machine/iron patriot. looks neat. 

3 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

That Cap is going to pegwarm sooooo hard. And wow they really overhauled war machine/iron patriot. looks neat. 

I know!!! I have the original and am pretty underwhelmed. I'm getting it just for the BAF, but... man... talk about disappointing. They could've added at least an alt unmasked head, or you know mass release the worthy cap as not a Walmart Exclusive... Or Corvus Glaive.

Iron Patriot does look pretty cool... I was planning on reselling him without the BaF piece since I like the WarMachine color scheme better (just a matter of comic book similarities and non Osborn memories), but it looks pretty sweet with all the extra bits and pieces.

16 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

Why is there yet another cap and Iron man? Could have easily put Wong and Thor's mum in this wave. Also Thorbowski as a BAF is weak. Good figure but weak choice and further proof it's time to ditch the BAF altogether for a DS style build a playset

Cap and Iron Man will always appear in an MCU Avengers line at some point since they are the biggest names

Gotta have at least one or two core characters in every wave.  Come on, we know how this game works by now, don't we?  A Wolverine or Deadpool in every X-Men wave.  A Cap, Thor, or Iron Man in every Avengers Wave.  A Spider-Man in every...well come on that one's just obvious. 

And bluntly, usually those core characters sell fine.  Even when double packed they tend not to linger as long as say, C-list comic characters (even if I love getting those characters), or even some of the other Movie characters (good lord how many Wasps did they make?  It's a very nice figure but....).

Build a playset is an interesting idea but I don't think it would execute well, because you'd have to break it up over multiple waves to get it to any particularly satisfactory size, and then you run into the "But what if one of those waves barely gets any distribution?" problem.  To say nothing of likely bumping up the  price due to larger packaging and pack-ins.

EDIT:  And yes, Worthy Cap should totally have been the Cap in this wave, and let America's Ass Cap be the Wal-Mart exclusive.  Because what's more appropriate than America's Ass being in a Wal-Mart?

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

I know!!! I have the original and am pretty underwhelmed. I'm getting it just for the BAF, but... man... talk about disappointing. They could've added at least an alt unmasked head, or you know mass release the worthy cap as not a Walmart Exclusive... Or Corvus Glaive.

Iron Patriot does look pretty cool... I was planning on reselling him without the BaF piece since I like the WarMachine color scheme better (just a matter of comic book similarities and non Osborn memories), but it looks pretty sweet with all the extra bits and pieces.

An unmasked head would have been a good idea, and maybe he could have come with Loki's scepter as well to complete the look of the scene in Endgame.

Regarding Iron Patriot, I am kind of the opposite feeling.  I somehow like the look of the Iron Patriot paint scheme a bit more.  I didn't like the proportions of War Machine in general as I felt it was too exaggerated with a much too narrow waist and bulked up torso and arms/legs.   I passed on him since I didn't need him for the BAF Hulk.   But, somehow the proportions of Iron Patriot don't bother me as much even though he's even bulkier with what looks to be an added piece on top of his torso to attach the weapon pods and the extra weapons around his wrists and at his thighs.  I don't understand why I like Iron Patriot, but not the War Machine?  I can say for sure I do like the add on weapons for Iron Patriot much more than War Machine.

I think is a good wave overall, certainly it crosses off a bunch of figures that have been on mcu fan's wishlists, altho we could quibble about the execution. I don't need the Cap and Iron Man figures but i think iron man at least will sell well. Kind of on the fence about War Machine but Heimdall, Valkyrie and Vision are all definite pickups for me and i do want to build that Thor.

I do wish they had gone for golden armor Heimdall over the ragnarok look but at least he's finally getting a figure. 

I'm probably getting the whole wave besides Vision. I'm a huge MCU fan and I'm so happy to see that we're getting the MK 85 which is my favorite figure from the wave (And my favorite MK). He'll obviously go in the Endgame display along with Valkyrie and iron Patriot. The hiemdall will go best with the Ragnarok display and I'm not sure about the Captain America. My Endgame display is a recreation of the final battle so he won't be going there. I might just buy 2 and have them fight like in the movie or something. Or for an Avengers 1 display.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, Malefact0r said:

Looks painted shade of tan to me.

Well... it's supposed to be black.

EDIT: You are totally right, and it's screen accurate too. I feel ashamed and unworthy right now. Mjolnir wouldn't answer my call. I just got confused from the alt hand with Ironman, but that's because of the Quantum GPS wrapped around him.