#SDCC2019 - New Hasbro Marvel Legends Official Images And Info

FASVB

14 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think that we might get more stuff only because with all of this coming out there are going to be some serious lul moments this year come end of year, with only one more wave in October (Endgame 3) , the rest is just Multi Packs and Fan Channel stuff, I feel like it would be crazy not to see, at least 2 more waves, ones for say Nov/Dec , but hey maybe I'll be wrong , those standard non exclusive waves are Hasbro's bread and butter, I don't see them just closing out the year on 1 last wave in October, those fan Channel figs and Multi packs arn't for the peeking in the window consumers which they gotta attract

Fair! The year did feel pretty front-loaded from the perspective of standard waves. A lot of the 80th stuff comes out in November or December, though.

Overall i'm pleased with the reveals.  The only real surprise to me is that they didn't unveil any new 80th anniversary sets, i thought for sure there would be a spidey related one (I guess Big Time Spidey is it?)  and an FF related one (even if its just Thing vs someone).

But they certainly had something for just about everyone - i would say comic avengers fans might feel a little shortchanged although i guess She-Hulk and Squirrel Girl and Shang-Chi could count.  But mcu fans, spidey fans, x-fans, FF fans, Deadpool fans... hasbro had us covered!

My opinion (mimicking Leokeron's format):

• Cosmic Ghost Rider - Looks awesome and i want! but i really should read some of his comic appearances 1st
  • MCU Giant Man -  very nice for people who don't have the BAF, esp since most figures from the civil war wave have better versions now
  • Dr. Doom - YESSSSSS!!!
  • Morph - never read AoA, i'll skip him
  • Shang Chi - looks awesome, another definite pick up!
  • She Hulk - the more i look at her, the more i like her. definitely an improvement over the old Savage She-Hulk fig i have (with the cloth goods)
  • Spider Armour Spidey - not much interest but he does look good. if the wave has a great BAF i might get him
  • Strong Guy - not a big fan so probably i'll pass, but i know he's been on a ton of wishlists so congrats to all who've been waiting for him
  • Punisher - nice looking comic version despite all the re-used parts... i'll probably get him
  • Velocity Spidey - not much interest would only get if needed to complete a BAF
  • Vulture - YESSSSS!!!!!
  • Weapon X - never read AoA, no interest
  • X-Man - same as Weapon X above
  • Deathlok - looks great, but based on how poorly the last one sold, i'll wait awhile before getting him and hope for clearance price
  • Love Triangle 3 -Pack -  Great looking 3-pack, not a 90s x-fan so i'll probably skip but congrats to all who wanted Jean and another 90's Scott
  • X-Factor 2 Pack - another great looking set, but i'll skip
  • New Mutants lady pack - i'll definitely get at least one!  very smart move on hasbros part, now we just need Sunspot and Magma (imo)
  • Squirell Girl + Scooter - no interest but i know her figure was on a lot of wishlists, so congrats to her fans
  • Deadpool pack -  cool looking but i'll probably pass unless it goes on sale for 1/2 price or something.
  • Fat Thor wave -  Heimdall, Valkyrie, Vision all definite pick ups and probably War Machine as well.  Definitely want that BAF!

So did they mention if they got extra budget for game verse figures? Because these 2 are all new super detailed sculpts, no on really asked for, which in effect puts to shame previous ps4 spidey figure that was really lazy repaint at best. It’s as if they are made by 2 different companies. I am not complaining, I am gonna take those spiders but I hope they get to make original silver spider armor, updated iron spider and maybe sculpt vanilla ps4 Spider-Man. Fingers crossed. 

17 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

So did they mention if they got extra budget for game verse figures? Because these 2 are all new super detailed sculpts, no on really asked for, which in effect puts to shame previous ps4 spidey figure that was really lazy repaint at best. It’s as if they are made by 2 different companies. I am not complaining, I am gonna take those spiders but I hope they get to make original silver spider armor, updated iron spider and maybe sculpt vanilla ps4 Spider-Man. Fingers crossed. 

Rule one of collector. Never assume no one asked for a version you dont like. Plenty of people have asked for these versions.

12 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

End of earths one sure but Velocity suit is like 5 months old  

If you mean it young then look at cosmic ghost rider. Hell Skaar didnt even make an appearance and they made him into a legends

The game is the biggest selling superhero game in the us, not to mention they have done a whole arc with in the comic based on the game. People will want every costume from that and yes it a great design.

X-men figures look great! Polaris and Havok are dope!
It's a good time for fans of the 90's!

Almost everything MCU related is interesting!

- I hope the Bro Thor extra head will adapt to previous Infinity war thor figures.
- I'm glad for everyone that Vision made it to a single release cause I need two more!
- What is the use of that big Iron Man infinity gauntlet?
- Now I know I'll have to buy the 6" basic figure to get a Quantum realm suit Rocket Raccoon!
- I'll have to watch Endgame again because that Iron Patriot looks ridiculous next to the last Warmachine (I just don't like the flashing colors!)

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Still can't fathom why anyone would want a Pantless DP.

Except it's kind of a funny figure, and very much like DP.  I hated the thing until I got it, and then, it honestly was a favorite Deadpool of mine from both waves, only topped by the Uncanny X-Force re-do.

Jumping on with everyone else, mimiking leokearon's format: 

• Cosmic Ghost Rider - Definitely getting, can't stand the character but I'll be damned if I don't love the way it looks, and I'm a sucker for all things Ghost Rider.
  • MCU Giant Man -  Looks better, but it's an easy pass.
  • Dr. Doom - Top of the list here, this is everything I could want in a Doctor Doom figure! Just hoping the articuatlion is better around the torso than expected.
  • Morph - Pass.
  • Shang Chi - Looks good, not excited for him, but definitely happy to add a new character to the collection.
  • She Hulk - On the fence here, didn't like the interpretation in the comics, but the figure looks good, and I don't have a She-Hulk so, maybe.
  • Spider Armor Mk III- Not my favorite Spider-Armor, but it's another Spidey costume, and a unique one at that, easy pick up.
  • Strong Guy - Looks good, not into the character much, so if he does anchor a future DP wave, he'll be a pass.
  • Punisher - No more Punisher figures! Double pass!
  • Velocity Spidey - It's a Spidey suit, and from the PS4 game, another easy pick up.
  • Vulture - Not nearly as jazzed about this as everyone else, still like the Fearsome foes box set version, and if history is anything to go by, this won't manage to replace that one.  Will pick up, just like Scorpion for the comparison, but I don't think it will make the shelf.
  • Weapon X - Too many Wolverines, PASS!
  • X-Man - Just a maybe, probably will be a pass.
  • Deathlok - Need to recover from the 80th Anniversary pre-orders, then maybe, just for Uncanny X-Force extended team completion.  
  • Love Triangle 3 -Pack - Yes, Yes, Yes, even with the re-issue Wolverine.  At least Cyke is different enough and comes with some alternate heads.  But that Jean Grey is perfect! Already pre-ordered.
  • X-Factor 2 Pack - Fits well with the 90s X-Men, and definitely my preferred Havok mask motif, may try to paint black and swap it to the modern one's body.  Already pre-ordered.
  • New Mutants lady pack - A bittersweet frustration.  It's a terrible choice for a Walgreens exclusive when it's just Dani Moonstar, then you add in the swappable parts and now everyone will want three.  I doubt Walgreens will have enough to meet demand, but put me down for three either way.
  • Squirell Girl + Scooter - Maybe...on discount...deep discount.
  • Deadpool Wave - Depends...if it has some needed X-Characters then it will be a pick and choose.  If it's full to bursting with Deadpool even more than the Sauron wave was...then easy pass, sorry Strong Guy.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:01 AM, tarot said:

If you mean it young then look at cosmic ghost rider. Hell Skaar didnt even make an appearance and they made him into a legends

The game is the biggest selling superhero game in the us, not to mention they have done a whole arc with in the comic based on the game. People will want every costume from that and yes it a great design.

Point I tried to make was that much demanded  ps4 Advanced suit got lazy repaint with head that doesn’t even fit proportion wise, while obviously less demanded (just check reaction on panel) end of earths and velocity suits got whole new tooling. 

On 7/21/2019 at 10:39 PM, heikks86 said:

All the x-men figures look awesome and makes me feel better about selling most of my collection and just focusing on x-men figures 

Hm, very interesting. Definitely, there is so much stuff that came out in the past few years that even with cherry picking it is still hard to find place (and money) for all of it.

7 hours ago, Papasmurf52 said:

I don’t know how I feel about them starting on AOA I just want them to finish up the xmen teams that are no where near completed 

I mostly agree, but 2020 is the 25th anniversary of the event, so it makes sense. I'm down for one dedicated wave, and then peppering of additional AOA characters throughout regular waves afterward. I'm not sure I want two or three dedicated waves, at least not all in a row in lieu of other waves.

51 minutes ago, Benn said:

I mostly agree, but 2020 is the 25th anniversary of the event, so it makes sense. I'm down for one dedicated wave, and then peppering of additional AOA characters throughout regular waves afterward. I'm not sure I want two or three dedicated waves, at least not all in a row in lieu of other waves.

That the thing. I dont think it a full wave. I think it be like the xforce wave and have it mixed woth modern and classic versions