#SDCC2019 - Hasbro's 2019 Convention Tour Schedule

JayC

Yesterday during Hasbro's Star Wars panel they revealed that like last year they would be touring a number of comic and toy conventions around the world.

While the slide image shown here was from the Star Wars brand, I did ask Hasbro's Marvel guys and they confirmed for me they to would pretty much be making the same rounds. The list of conventions includes the likes of the Mexico Toy Unboxing Convention, Fan Expo Canada. MCM London Comic Con, D23 and a few others.

This means we should be seeing plenty more Marvel Legends reveals in the coming months so stay-tuned.

Hasbro-Conventions.jpg

5 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Wonder if they will try to reveal characters from the respective countries like they did last year

Oh most definately. Sure i see a couple for japan so im expecting an aoa sunfire.

Pax may get an austrailian character, maybe gateway or manifold or (dream wish) kangaroo

Canada expo will have an alpha flight character, no doubt about that.

Maybe captain brit for london mcm

And could we see our first Spanish character reveal

Hope the con in Mexico reveals Armadillo ( a bit of a stretch, i know)

For Japan, hoping for Lady Bullseye.

For Canada, I'd prefer Box or Puck for the next Alpha Flight member but frankly i'll take any of 'em.

For London, again its a stretch but I'l suggest Mr Hyde.

For Australia, Bone-breaker! 

Agree that for Brazil its gotta be Sunspot.

1 minute ago, watanabefan said:

It's worth noting they don't always tie reveals to the country of origin for their characters. MCM London last year was where they first revealed the Kingpin wave (Four-armed Spidey, Night Thrasher, Black Cat, Puma, ect.), none of whom had much, if anything to do with England.

Actually last year they had union jack, citizen v and something else. The spidey legends were for lucca but got reveal but this still prove your point as they had nothing to do with italy

3 hours ago, tarot said:

Yep that means you have a job to do this year! Photos. Lots of photos!

Unfortunately I won't be attending! The tickets have sold out like a month ago. 😞

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

For Canada, I'd prefer Box or Puck for the next Alpha Flight member but frankly i'll take any of 'em.

Great list. I'm all about a Hyde and anything Alpha Flight has me on the hook. As far as Mexico's reveal, I'm holding out for a Tarantula redo, preferably on the Bullseye mold. Sunspot has gotta be a lock for Brazil and if I were forced to guess I'd say it would be X-Force based. Maybe in a Vintage wave?

Sunspot Vintage.jpg

Mexico has to be a new classic Tarantula hopefully on the Sunfire buck.

Canada - They better give us a double shot of the twins in their 1st app classic costumes!

England- Sir Edward Hyde-Buscema or Byrne version

Italy-Luciano Nefaria-super powered version!

Japan- Got classic versions of Sunfire/Silver Samurai already, so I'd love to see army building HAND Ninjas!

Ireland- Guardsman for army building as well!

Brazil is a no brainer- Sunspot

Tarantula-Anton Rodriquez.jpg

Aurora & Northstar.jpg

MisterHyde by JB.png

Count-Nefaria.jpg

Hand vs Wolverine.jpg

Guardsman_armor.jpg

sunspot.jpg

7 hours ago, leokearon said:

Wonder if they will try to reveal characters from the respective countries like they did last year

If they already have a figure planned that is from that country the best bet is to reveal it there but they dont always have to be of that country (I dont think Hasbro plans their figures in mind of what conventions they are visiting), for example they revealed Union Jack for the London Comicon Last year, and Guardian during the Canada event, but for Mexico since they didnt have any Mexican characters planned they revealed Livewire, Nighthawk and the Kree Sentry BAF last year there. Its all a matter of what figures they have planned already and if they fit into that country its a no brainer to reveal them there, otherwise they reveal whatever figure they want. 

9 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

If they already have a figure planned that is from that country the best bet is to reveal it there but they dont always have to be of that country (I dont think Hasbro plans their figures in mind of what conventions they are visiting), for example they revealed Union Jack for the London Comicon Last year, and Guardian during the Canada event, but for Mexico since they didnt have any Mexican characters planned they revealed Livewire, Nighthawk and the Kree Sentry BAF last year there. Its all a matter of what figures they have planned already and if they fit into that country its a no brainer to reveal them there, otherwise they reveal whatever figure they want. 

Oh sure, but its fun to imagine anyhow and try to come up with characters who have at least a tenuous connection to the host country.

Oh and i agree with the earlier poster who suggested Count Nefaria for Italy.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Mexico has to be a new classic Tarantula hopefully on the Sunfire buck.

Canada - They better give us a double shot of the twins in their 1st app classic costumes!

England- Sir Edward Hyde-Buscema or Byrne version

Italy-Luciano Nefaria-super powered version!

Japan- Got classic versions of Sunfire/Silver Samurai already, so I'd love to see army building HAND Ninjas!

Ireland- Guardsman for army building as well!

Brazil is a no brainer- Sunspot

Tarantula isnt actually Mexican he's from south america (If I remember right somewhere in Colombia) dont get me wrong I'd like a figure of him but just because he's from a spanish speaking country doesnt mean he has to be shoed in mexico, after all, last year they showed Living Laser, Nighthawk and Kree Sentinel BAF in Mexico, I think if they really wanted to reveal a trully Mexican Character Riktor would be the best fit, not only is he from mexico, he is also one of the few characters needed to complete the 90's X-Force team.

For England they could Reveal someone from Excalibur even if they werent british since they were a team based in England. Black Tom Cassidy is Irish and if they have a figure of him planned ireland could be where to reveal him.

They could reveal a Sunfire for their AOA wave at Japan (he was a fan favorite character in that costume)

and I agree there is a high chance we might get a Sunspot figure soon and Brazil would be the right place for his reveal

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

lady bullseye would be awesome

1 hour ago, michiganjfrog said:

lady bullseye would be awesome

Seems like she would be very easy to make.. guess she could fit into a spiderman wave altho i'm not sure if she's ever fought spidey

1 hour ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

I agree with folks here. Mr. Hyde and Tarantula in particular would be fantastic choices.

Tarantula seems like he would be easy to make.  My Hyde could re-use much of the Kingpin buck, would make a great BAF for, I suppose a Spidey wave? I think they've fought a few times.  Or if they did a comics based avengers wave but i'm not sure if that is in their immediate plans.

1 hour ago, abnuggler said:

Mexican Character Riktor would be the best fit, not only is he from mexico, he is also one of the few characters needed to complete the 90's X-Force team.

Black Tom Cassidy is Irish and if they have a figure of him planned ireland could be where to reveal him.

Both great picks, Cassidy seems like another easy fig to make and would easily fit into any x-wave.

Hasbro seemed to go all out to complete X-factor at this weekends  SDCC along with new mutants characters as well. They now need to start finishing the core 7 of classic AF along with a few more  members of Excalibur. NC is done, now get to work on the other 4 in their classic costumes. Especially Cap Britian!

Excalibur 2.jpg