Age of Apocalypse Wave Predictions

abnuggler

With the new 2020 X-Men Age of Apocalypse Wave announced (the guys from hasbro also hinted they could do multiple waves of this line) I wonder who you guys think should be included in this wave and maybe a second wave of AOA Figures.
Here are my choises for 3 waves (and Im still missing characters 😓 )

AOA Wave 1 (Holocaust/Nemesis BAF)
- Weapon X (No BAF piece, with alternate burnt head and non clawed hand for right hand and metal cap por left arm)
- X-Man (Left Arm)

- Sunfire (Right Arm)
- Morph (Left Leg)
- Rogue (Right Leg)
- Dark Beast (Head/helmet)
- Kitty Pryde (Upper Torso with shoulderpads)
- Quicksilver (Lower Torso)

AOA Wave 2 (Apocalypse BAF)
- Magneto (No BAF, with helmetless head, interchangeable hands and effects)
- Sabretooth (Head)
- Storm (Cape and Shoulderpads)
- Banshee (Left Arm)
- Cyclops (Right Arm)
- Mr. Sinister (Left Leg)
- Gambit (Right Leg)
- Jubilee (Torso)

AOA Wave 3 (Sugarman BAF)
- Iceman (Left Upper Arm & Hammer)
- Wildchild (Right Upper Arm & Axe)
- Nighcrawler (Right Lower Arm)
- Havok (Left Lower Arm)
- Dazzler (Upper Torso With Face)
- Jean Grey (Lower Torso)
- Colossus (Left leg)
- Bishop (Right Leg)

18 minutes ago, abnuggler said:

With the new 2020 X-Men Age of Apocalypse Wave announced (the guys from hasbro also hinted they could do multiple waves of this line) I wonder who you guys think should be included in this wave and maybe a second wave of AOA Figures.

AOA Wave 1 (Holocaust/Nemesis BAF)
- Weapon X (No BAF piece, with alternate burnt head and non clawed hand for right hand and metal cap por left arm)
- X-Man (Left Arm)

- Sunfire (Right Arm)
- Morph (Left Leg)
- Rogue (Right Leg)
- Sabretooth (Head/helmet)
- Kitty Pryde (Upper Torso with shoulderpads)
- Quicksilver (Lower Torso)

AOA Wave 2 (Apocalypse BAF)
- Magneto (No BAF piece, with helmetless head, interchangeable hands and effects)
- Storm (Head and Cape)
- Dark Beast (Left Arm)
- Cyclops (Right Arm)
- Bishop (Left Leg)
- Gambit (Right Leg)
- Jubilee (Torso)

AOA Wave 3 (Sugarman BAF)
- Iceman (Left Upper Arm & Hammer)
- Wild Child (Right Upper Arm & Axe)
- Nighcrawler (Right Lower Arm)
- Banshee (Left Lower Arm)
- Dazzler (Upper Torso With Face)
- Jean Grey (Lower Torso)
- Colossus (Left leg)
- Mr. Sinister (Right Leg)

I would swap Jubilee or Banshee for Havoc

My reasoning for my choises (and placements) was the following:
1) Have 2 female figures per wave
2) Have at least 1 villian per wave
3) Try to devide the most popular characters along the 3 waves so not to have a wave full of popular characters and another with b-listers
4) Try to devide the character interactions between the waves, for example not have rogue and magneto in the same wave, or have jean, scott and wolverine separated to have one in each of the waves.
5) Have one biger character per wave (Sabretooth in wave 1, Dark Beast in Wave 2, Colossus in wave 3)
6) Try to match each character with a BAF piece to fit the blister right (smaller characters with bigger pieces for example)

10 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I would swap Jubilee or Banshee for Havoc

Revised my list to have havoc I agree he should have been in a wave 

Good point on the most completely uninteresting version of Deadpool.

I'd jump at an opportunity to get a Nemesis. Dark Beast would be cool. I'm surprised they haven't done a Jean Grey or Rogue. I'd think they would have to be priorities. A lot of the figures, like Quicksilver, Magneto, some others, could be easy retools.

What about a AoA Blink head to swap with the one they released already? That one must be an Exiles look or something.

I love the AoA, but I'm having a hard time believing they could do three waves of them. Can they be that popular still?

5 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Good point on the most completely uninteresting version of Deadpool.

I'd jump at an opportunity to get a Nemesis. Dark Beast would be cool. I'm surprised they haven't done a Jean Grey or Rogue. I'd think they would have to be priorities. A lot of the figures, like Quicksilver, Magneto, some others, could be easy retools.

What about a AoA Blink head to swap with the one they released already? That one must be an Exiles look or something.

I love the AoA, but I'm having a hard time believing they could do three waves of them. Can they be that popular still?

Yeah mi list is just a wishlist, I dont see this line making it past 2 waves if at all (it all depends on how well the 1st wave does), but if you ask me Id like to see at least these 3 waves.

As for blink, hasbro could easily just pack in a AOA blink head with another figure to be able to use with the one they recently released I dont see them selling a new one specially since aside from the head the only difference between that one and the one that just came out is the collar on her costume

If they make an AOA Iceman I just hope it will come with several accessories. 

Other figures I think would stand out from AOA are Sunfire, Dark Beast, Colossus, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Magneto.

As mentioned earlier, they could pack another Blink head  with another character, and even another Sinister head to go on the Wendigo wave Sinister.

I loved this series and I especially loved Joe Mad!'s art but I'm worried people will see these versions of the characters as not necessary (as opposed to Jim Lee's team) and so won't be picking these up.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the rest of the wave and of course, the BAF. I'm ready for another Rogue figure. It's been way too long.

Honestly, I think three waves is probably more than they're likely to give us unless they really are leaning on AoA as next year's "theme" ala MCU 10th or Marvel 80th (and maybe they skip a Vintage wave for an extra AoA wave).  On the other hand even just two waves feels like it leaves a lot of the coolest/major players out, so....

My "If I were making these waves and Hasbro's going all-in" speculation:

Wave 1:

Morph

X-Man

Magneto

Iceman

Jubilee

Colossus

Weapon X

BAF:  Apocalypse

Wave 2:

Dark Beast

Rogue

Sunfire

Jean Grey

Havok

Sinister

Dead Man Wade (Gotta have a "core character" right?)

BAF: Sugar Man

Wave 3:

Quicksilver

Cyclops

Shadowcat

Gambit

Storm

Nightcrawler

Mystique

BAF:  Abyss

Exclusives:

Nemesis/Holocaust vs Sabretooth (With AoA Blink head and Wild Child "small" figure, Mass Retail).

Mikhail Rasputin vs. Tony Stark (I know it's an odd choice but trying to get all the "Horsemen" in and pairing the super-obscure Mikhail with "core character" Tony Stark seems the best way to pull that off, Fan Channel)

Legion and AoA Bishop (Fan Channel)

That...pretty much covers the major players and then some.  Can't really get through the entire catalog in one year, but I'd be pretty happy with that assortment.  Only big weakness I see is no "core character" in Wave 3 (though maybe the Cyclops/Gambit/Storm combo kinda counts?)

On 7/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, abnuggler said:

Well clearly we need five waves!  😅  Here's my arrangement with Blink already taken care of.

Age of Apocalypse wave 1: Lord Apocalypse wave

• Age of Apocalypse Magneto with helmeted and unhelmeted heads, interchangeable fist and power hands, and magnetic power effects.
  • Age of Apocalypse Rogue with baby Charles and interchangeable gloved fists and ungloved hands.  She also needs a gloved hand holding the glove from the other hand that she has just taken off.
  • Age of Apocalypse Bishop with that weapon he carried around, interchangeable glowy fist, and energy effect(s).
  • Age of Apocalypse Gambit with staff, throwing blades, and interchangeable blade-throwing effect hand.
  • Age of Apocalypse Quicksilver with interchangeable running hands and fists and a cool little slipstream effect and an interchangeable rapid punching effect arm (kind of like E. Honda's demonstrating with his hundred-hand slap below).
  • Age of Apocalypse Jubilee with fireworks effects and a bag of stolen medical supplies.
  • Age of Apocalypse Exodus with snap-on energy effects

rsz_honda-hundred-artwork_5799.thumb.jpg.7c3b26e93327e51529302dce6d4a9e6e.jpg

Age of Apocalypse wave 2: Age of Apocalypse Sentinel wave

• Prelate Scott Summers with an optic blast effect and an energy crackle effect in the shape of a "C" and crosshairs from that cover to Tales from the Age of Apocalypse.
  • Prelate Alex Summers with plasma blast effects.
  • Age of Apocalypse Jean Grey with an interchangeable head with pink TK energy effect.
  • Age of Apocalypse Weapon X with an interchangeable burnt/scarred head and interchangeable arm stumps - one with claws popped and one without.  Also the severed head of Donald Pierce.
  • Age of Apocalypse Angel with glass of champagne and suicide bomb!
  • Age of Apocalypse Lila Cheney with M'Kraan Crystal fragment.
  • Dark Beast with removable lab coat and dissection table.

5e25b1560e1800165d2017ca3897b818.thumb.jpg.543ddf4bb320d01e7732bd7ba8a103b3.jpgjeangrey_aoa-769639895.thumb.jpg.73ed984436e99b0956e409a0b8980993.jpg

Age of Apocalypse wave 3: Age of Apocalypse Abyss wave

• Age of Apocalypse Storm with lightning effect pieces.
  • Age of Apocalypse Banshee with interchangeable screaming and normal heads.
  • Age of Apocalypse Colossus with little Illyana.
  • Age of Apocalypse Shadowcat with snap-on Wolverine claws (gross).
  • Prelate Rasputin with nothing 'cause he's dumb and I hate him, but he was a Horseman so...
  • Age of Apocalypse Dazzler with dazzle effects.
  • Madri Priest with holy book and chalice.

Age of Apocalypse wave 4: Nemesis ('cause we probably can't say "Holocaust") wave

• Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth with interchangeable gloved fists and ungloved claw hands.
  • Age of Apocalypse Wild Child with chain and collar.
  • Age of Apocalypse Iceman with ice weapons and interchangeable ice trunk.
  • Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler with swords and a teleportation effect base.
  • Age of Apocalypse Sunfire with snap-on flame effect pieces.
  • Morph with interchangeable heads (including at least his making-fun-of-Sabretooth head and his laying-a-giant-kiss-on-Quicksilver head).
  • Infinite Clone Soldier with rifle.

img_2319.thumb.jpg.70ebf2f69e37e955a845c0b6a1600e92.jpg

Age of Apocalypse wave 5: Sugar Man wave

• X-Man with snap on TK energy effect pieces.
  • Age of Apocalypse Husk with interchangeable weapon ams (acid, steel pike, etc.)
  • Age of Apocalypse Chamber with snap-on blast effect piece for his chest.
  • Age of Apocalypse Forge with da weapons!
  • Age of Apoclaypse Psylocke with dual snap-on psychic knives.
  • Age of Apoclaypse Silver Samurai with that ridiculously awesome sword.
  • Age of Apocalypse Sinister with interchangeable heads - one with braided hair and one with dreads.

index.thumb.jpg.c7c788b7f14ea87054c4b302baf8109d.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, Chunkylover said:

Everything old is new again!  I reckon they're riding a perceived wave of 90s nostalgia.  There's probably a not-so-secret formula on the white board in the decision-making room that shows you how to identify which demographic has the most disposable income and what was most popular when they were most impressionable.

That sounded more cynical that I actually feel towards the AOA.  It was such an exciting (X-citing) time in comics for me and a rare opportunity for the creators.  It was a lot of really good artists at the top of their games getting to go crazy on some much loved characters.  A good part of the end results were some really killer designs!  A few of them didn't age well, but even the ones that didn't are still cool looking even if they are of-a-time.  Rogue is probably the best example I can think of in that category.

21 hours ago, Fitz616 said:

As mentioned earlier, they could pack another Blink head  with another character, and even another Sinister head to go on the Wendigo wave Sinister.

That's a good idea. Are all figures nowadays head-swappable?

19 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see the AOA figures based on Joe Mad's art.

Yes! He was on fire in that series.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Everything old is new again!  I reckon they're riding a perceived wave of 90s nostalgia.  There's probably a not-so-secret formula on the white board in the decision-making room that shows you how to identify which demographic has the most disposable income and what was most popular when they were most impressionable.

That sounded more cynical that I actually feel towards the AOA.  It was such an exciting (X-citing) time in comics for me and a rare opportunity for the creators.  It was a lot of really good artists at the top of their games getting to go crazy on some much loved characters.  A good part of the end results were some really killer designs!  A few of them didn't age well, but even the ones that didn't are still cool looking even if they are of-a-time.  Rogue is probably the best example I can think of in that category.

I agree. AoA was awesome, and I'd take any characters they produced. Banshee looked really cool, but he's probably not popular enough. That was my only thought.