Another Deadpool wave, huh?

Benn

So, we're getting another Deadpool wave, and this time Strong Guy's on the line. Some people might be really excited for more Deadpool, but I suspect a lot of us are groaning over the thought of which figures we may end up enduring to bag a Strong Guy. Instead of dwelling on that, let's imagine our best-case scenarios for the wave. What's the absolute most ideal roster of characters you think could reasonably be mated with at least one Deadpool to make picking up Strong Guy more palatable? My picks:

Black Tom Cassidy

Deadpool (Battle of the Atom)

Domino (original)

Frenzy (Age of X/X-Men Legacy)

Lady Deathstrike

Nightcrawler (Uncanny X-Force)

Warpath (original X-Force)

I can't find room for Marrow, Maverick, Phantazia, and Toad, but I wanted all of them too.

We probably should have seen this coming. A big time BaF like Strong Guy was almost certainly going to get placed with a wave most collectors wont be clamoring for, but I didn’t dare believe it would be with a Deadpool wave. Groan, indeed.

Here’s my best case scenario wave:

Black Tom Cassidy (great choice)

Lady Deathstrike

Maverick

Garrison Kane

Classic Domino

MCU/Fox Deadpool

GW Bridge

I figured a mix of X-related characters and some specifically from 90s Deadpool comics. 

That MachoPool was such a random figure to put in that display and I’m sure Hasbro team are like “that’s the one they all want? Not the Miami Vice two pack?”

But yeah I think tarot is right. Probably a X-men wave that might have a Deadpool in it

11 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

The good thing about this speculation is that we kept in mind that any Deadpool wave would basically be an X-wave. Tbh, that’s what the last DP wave was, aside from the fact that there were 3 DPs in it.

If only they had left the Deadpools out

as much as I will groan on principle that we are getting another Deadpool wave, I for one won't be sad if it was packed with Deadpools if we could finally get the Mercs For Money represented here, they can do the simple re-paint tactic and give us colored deadpool's with alt heads, I am down!, also I wouldn't complain if we finally saw Weapon X Deadpool , and we got a Pantherpool. I don't care about Strong Guy anyways so whatever wave he's in doesn't do much for me

4 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

The good thing about this speculation is that we kept in mind that any Deadpool wave would basically be an X-wave. Tbh, that’s what the last DP wave was, aside from the fact that there were 3 DPs in it.

I'll agree that the only thing that seems to differentiate an X-Men wave from a DP wave is the criteria that a DP wave have 2 representations of DP. That being said, there's only 2 things we can be certain of. A: Strong Guy is the BAF and B: there will be at least 2 DP's in the wave. Every one of these list are 100 percent feasable between obscure and mainline. I'd love to see them all but I'd have to base my list on the above criteria.

1. Secret Secret Wars DP - bare chested and "cured" head sculpt.

2. Some sort of Skottie Young Deadpool with a Slapstick alt head sculpt.

3. Agent X or Kane - I'd like both but I suppose they're both obscure enough that putting them in the same wave wouldn't be be wise.

4. Copycat/Domino - this is how they'll get classic Domino out. Mix in a third Madame Death head sculpt and you've got a winner.

5. Siryn - one time love interest of DP, this is the spot for this much demanded character.

6. Maverick - another cool anti-hero that rides both sides of the fence. Seriously,if they'd have given this character a little more attention back in the day he coulda been on the level of ole DP right now.

7. Sunspot (X-Force) - he's gotta be in the works and he's gotta land somewhere. This is as good a spot as any.

Strong Guy - of course we all know he is the BAF (and the selling point of the wave IMO) and it's been a long time coming. Can't wait.

There's still a ton of other characters that need to be done and if it weren't for the fact that the MUST be at least 2 DP's per wave (by Hasbro standards), anyone like Lady Deathstrike, Feral, X-Factor Wolfsbane Warpath (please, please already) or Legged Cannonball coulda made the cut. Ultimately I do believe they'll all make it into one of the X-Men waves or save something for next year. You know how they do it by now.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:30 AM, leokearon said:
  • Black Tom Cassidy
  • Maverick
  • Warpath
  • Siryn
  • Dr. Bong
  • Copycat
  • Movie Deadpool

19 hours ago, monron999 said:

1. Secret Secret Wars DP - bare chested and "cured" head sculpt.

2. Some sort of Skottie Young Deadpool with a Slapstick alt head sculpt.

3. Agent X or Kane - I'd like both but I suppose they're both obscure enough that putting them in the same wave wouldn't be be wise.

4. Copycat/Domino - this is how they'll get classic Domino out. Mix in a third Madame Death head sculpt and you've got a winner.

5. Siryn - one time love interest of DP, this is the spot for this much demanded character.

6. Maverick - another cool anti-hero that rides both sides of the fence. Seriously,if they'd have given this character a little more attention back in the day he coulda been on the level of ole DP right now.

7. Sunspot (X-Force) - he's gotta be in the works and he's gotta land somewhere. This is as good a spot as any.

Strong Guy - of course we all know he is the BAF (and the selling point of the wave IMO) and it's been a long time coming. Can't wait.

These are great lists. I'm also not too interested in a bunch of weird Deadpools, which it seems like they all have to be. How about Deadpool sculpted with Rob Liefeld proportions?

If there really is another Deadpool wave I wouldn't be surprised if they added a Championpool since they made a 3.75" version as part of the Taco Truck SDCC set.

With the Age of Apocalypse push it would also be a logical spot to put a Dead Man Wade (AoA version of Deadpool).  

All that being said, I don't care if it's in a Deadpool wave or the X-Men wave but I really hope we get an X-Force #1 Domino and Warpath to mostly finish the X-Force #1 team. 

Feral would be awesome as it would finish the team and give a base for a proper Wolfsbane.  The logic of how the various X-Men, X-Force, Alpha Flight, and Deadpool characters were chosen for the Deadpool waves and X-Force wave doesn't make any sense, though.  So, it's hard to gauge the chances for Feral.  

3 hours ago, BradMan said:

The logic of how the various X-Men, X-Force, Alpha Flight, and Deadpool characters were chosen for the Deadpool waves and X-Force wave doesn't make any sense, though.  So, it's hard to gauge the chances for Feral.  

think X-Force characters are likely for the Deadpool wave. It seems like Deadpool waves consist of X-characters who either have history with Deadpool, are a little harder-edged or morally ambiguous, or are kind of freaks and geeks characters. Obviously other characters with Deadpool history by way of one of his solo series are fair game too.

I have been thinking about it and in this next Deadpool wave, I feel Siryn is totally doable. They can take Jim Lee Storm and make some modifications to it and paint it green and do a head sculpt of her and boom, you have Siryn. She was Deadpool's love interest at one point. I don't see why she can't be done. Also throw in Warpath to help finish out our classic X-Force team. With Strong Guy being the BAF then this would become a must buy for me personally since I am skipping the AOA X-Men wave. Come on Hasbro give me a complete wave to buy next year.

27 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

When did they announce (or hint at) that a Deadpool wave was coming?

Also between AOA wave and a (supposed) Deadpool wave, are we still going to get an actual "X-men" wave?

That's what the strong guy wave is called according to the reports

39 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

When did they announce (or hint at) that a Deadpool wave was coming?

Also between AOA wave and a (supposed) Deadpool wave, are we still going to get an actual "X-men" wave?

10 minutes ago, leokearon said:

That's what the strong guy wave is called according to the reports

Yeah, and some think that may even be an error, and that it may just be an X-Men wave.

2 hours ago, mako said:

At this point, I don't think there is any difference between an "X-Men Wave" and a "Deapool Wave." Both are "X-Waves" one is just taking full advantage of what retail street-cred being associated with two hit major motion pictures still provides.

A deadpool wave will have more deadpools while an X-Men Wave will have little or no deadpools

9 hours ago, mako said:

At this point, I don't think there is any difference between an "X-Men Wave" and a "Deapool Wave." Both are "X-Waves" one is just taking full advantage of what retail street-cred being associated with two hit major motion pictures still provides.

7 hours ago, leokearon said:

A deadpool wave will have more deadpools while an X-Men Wave will have little or no deadpools

Yeah, I think the presence of Deadpool makes the difference, and I suppose that's only thanks to precedent. And I'm really okay with Deadpool waves, as long as they don't go wild with the number of DPs, because that character more easily opens to the door to lots of more obscure but cool X-Men/Mutant characters that might take longer to get to if just going off direct X-Men cred; Maverick, Black Tom Cassidy, Siryn, etc.

5 hours ago, mako said:

OR . . . a Deadpool wave will BE an X-Men wave with at least one Deadpool thrown in.

See where I'm goin' with this?

Except a Deadpool Wave has to have at least two Deadpools. Yeah it is still an X-men wave but it will have more of a focus on DP

1 hour ago, mako said:

Wait, you just agreed with everything I said . . . while citing it as an exception to what I said.

You said a DP wave is an X-Men Wave with at least one DP, I pointed out it needs to have at least two DPs to be a DP wave. That's the difference between calling an X-Men wave, a DP wave or an X-Men Wave.