Kindo

Hey guys! i just started to get in to collection marvel legends recently and i love the customization choices you have with these figures. Thought id share some of the ones i have been working on. I love  to keep it simple, existing parts is my thing. eventually i will most likely get in to painting and sculpting but i really love it when i can make a custom figure out of existing parts and i can put everything back without damaging the original figure.  I love the Jessica Jones body it has great potential for out of uniform cloths for female figures. I'm really in to x23 right now so i got an extra head and modded it to fit the JJ body as well as some others. I also make use of the retro black widow and Typhoid Marry bodies. For the typhoid Marry body i want to swap the legs out with a popable hip joint that's all black but haven't had the chance yet. still looking for a cheap fodder typhoid so i can get the legs off with out worrying about damaging my original. Why they had to go and put the hard ABS plastic on the hip joints of all the bodies i want to use is beyond me. Here's a few pics of what i got at the moment. I'm sure there will be more to come with better pictures. Took all these with my phone.

• X-23 civi cloths. swapped out the black jacket with the brown captain marvel jacket. i think it looks good on her. I also swapped the feet with the boots of X force X-23. Any one else seeing a resemblance to a certain Disney afternoon character?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

• Here she is on the Typhoid Marry body with the arms replaced with bare arms from Polaris. The skin tone isn't 100% but its pretty dang close. I do want to make a set of flesh toned fists with blades at some point.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• And here she Is in a stealth type suit. i thought this was a great look for her. I used the retro Black widow body with the typhoid Marry jacket and the belt from X-force X-23. Id really like to add the Masked X-23 to this one at some point.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

• Here's some with the retro black widow head because i dig that head sculpt.

Marry Jane, is that you?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

• I'm getting a Mara Jade vibe from this one.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

• And for the fun of it here's the mystique head on the stealth suit. I really like the look of this one as well.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• And just for the heck of it cause i like symbiotes. I did have the retro black widow made up as a symbiote until i got the idea to try out the jacket on it for X-23. Post pics of that a bit later.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Has anyone attempted the same swapping experiment to make a Luke Cage figure? None of the Hasbro releases work for me. The MCU version is too small and the face sculpt is not nice, and the comic version has those big looking gauntlets that just look off. Thanks everyone.

Has anyone also attempted to put together a Winter Soldier figure? None of the MCU works for me.

14 hours ago, Kindo said:

Hey guys! i just started to get in to collection marvel legends recently and i love the customization choices you have with these figures. Thought id share some of the ones i have been working on. I love  to keep it simple, existing parts is my thing. eventually i will most likely get in to painting and sculpting but i really love it when i can make a custom figure out of existing parts and i can put everything back without damaging the original figure.  I love the Jessica Jones body it has great potential for out of uniform cloths for female figures. I'm really in to x23 right now so i got an extra head and modded it to fit the JJ body as well as some others. I also make use of the retro black widow and Typhoid Marry bodies. For the typhoid Marry body i want to swap the legs out with a popable hip joint that's all black but haven't had the chance yet. still looking for a cheap fodder typhoid so i can get the legs off with out worrying about damaging my original. Why they had to go and put the hard ABS plastic on the hip joints of all the bodies i want to use is beyond me. Here's a few pics of what i got at the moment. I'm sure there will be more to come with better pictures. Took all these with my phone.

• X-23 civi cloths. swapped out the black jacket with the brown captain marvel jacket. i think it looks good on her. I also swapped the feet with the boots of X force X-23. Any one else seeing a resemblance to a certain Disney afternoon character?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

• Here she is on the Typhoid Marry body with the arms replaced with bare arms from Polaris. The skin tone isn't 100% but its pretty dang close. I do want to make a set of flesh toned fists with blades at some point.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• And here she Is in a stealth type suit. i thought this was a great look for her. I used the retro Black widow body with the typhoid Marry jacket and the belt from X-force X-23. Id really like to add the Masked X-23 to this one at some point.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

• Here's some with the retro black widow head because i dig that head sculpt.

Marry Jane, is that you?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

• I'm getting a Mara Jade vibe from this one.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

• And for the fun of it here's the mystique head on the stealth suit. I really like the look of this one as well.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• And just for the heck of it cause i like symbiotes. I did have the retro black widow made up as a symbiote until i got the idea to try out the jacket on it for X-23. Post pics of that a bit later.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Now I have the Gargoyles theme stuck in my head

Thanks guys!

AnotherPunkChef: you get a cookie!

americamgl: I haven't tried anything with male figures yet because there much harder to mod. most of them have disc joints that cant be pulled out when heated. once i find some cheap fodder i am going to do some experiments with them and see what i can do with out cracking open the torso. It can definitely be done it's just takes a lot more work. Have any figures in mind for parts that would work for your ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 10:46 AM, MCU_Legend_Hunter said:

This is actually pretty cool... im scared to do any mods to my figures.

Thanks! i know right. that's why i haven't done anything to drastic. However i did just chop the legs off another typhoid Mary so i can replace them. Felt wrong the whole time i was doing it. End result is worth it though.

Ok, so i have done some more work on the X-23 and I think she came out great. I'm really liking how she turned out. Got another X-force version head and tooled it to fit the bigger head pegs. I also swapped her lower legs with the x-force fig as well so she now has her boots. It worked out fantastically. The belt got reshaped to this torso as well so now it sits a bit better now. I need to get my real camera and equipment out so i can take some better pictures.

R15Jf8yh.jpgryvIkNjh.jpg

M12b3fOh.jpg

bfJ01r6h.jpg

q5J8kG6h.jpgNWBUMXhh.jpg

bMgJ3deh.jpgOiP8Nrph.jpg

RxmZHOJh.jpgiFEQsvsh.jpg

6EfLy8qh.jpggWQBHKyh.jpg

w11mklmh.jpgs9Jlvolh.jpg

o0GZbQ9h.jpg

Hx3YJakh.jpg

Head and jacket swaps

RkPyN1Ph.jpg88jddPLh.jpg

hislUxnh.jpg

49GcHfUh.jpg

KE5Dlndh.jpglsCAVswh.jpg

B2xkhpLh.jpgY4saxhah.jpg

dHdY4Y3h.jpg

RLs9KvHh.jpg

xNiIzyXh.jpgeHAeiMsh.jpg

gYTID86h.jpg

I also have been working on the typhoid Mary body. Went ahead and bought another one chopped the legs off and now they can be replaced with pop-able legs. right now it has the punk storm legs on it and they match really well. that's probably what ill stick with. I have the motorcycle black widow on the way so i can see how they work as well.

various head swaps

SUzFyZrh.jpgLXY0WHAh.jpg

VAf9a6zh.jpgKMrMfx6h.jpg

7leSLnNh.jpgQLksFX3h.jpg

iuKetIQh.jpguypMOJGh.jpg

AOwwGprh.jpgybFQPUwh.jpg

SEvu99Ih.jpgSJ9zvivh.jpg

with storms glove cuffs

XYOd8Exh.jpg4PRagtph.jpg

C4gLfxch.jpg9Ut00ETh.jpg

laura kinney

LpU5Wi0h.jpgHqNvbShh.jpg

storm vest

dXmaCkKh.jpg4v1SLL4h.jpg

Jessica Jones jacket as vest

vjI5uzNh.jpgEjCtrKJh.jpg

Typhoid's vest, best one i think.

QPmx5Q5h.jpgKaB4WJUh.jpg

comparison with original Typhoid Marry

NCYsq3Xh.jpgbul2Q61h.jpg

n64M2PWh.jpg

And now we have this guy. i recently got a hold of magik and she comes with a red variant of ghost riders head. i really like the sculpt so I'm looking in to what i can do with it other than just have it laying there. The peg hole is much smaller than most other figs so i had to heat it up to fit anything. I just got cloak as well and his body is great. its made out of a transparent purpleish plastic. i had no idea. you cant really tell it is transparent until you hold it up to some light. so i popped the skull on there and i dig it. kinda plain so i would have to find some accessories for it but good starting point i think. The cool thing is cloak doesn't really need a body to work so not taking away from him at all.  That's is for now. Next project, bendy doc ock tentacles stay tuned!

AYONg3Bh.jpgetp0VQSh.jpg

EBaxhYxh.jpg

wqI3hSgh.jpgwMwkdsBh.jpg

uGGNlPrh.jpgu9jnug3h.jpg

DjI5Ylwh.jpg

1qErpkXh.jpg

YbTTkCNh.jpgJuXFIvNh.jpg

seflloWh.jpgyDBgq2Ch.jpg

Here's what the skull looks like without the flames on. unfortunately it's not a full skull and it has slots for the flames to go in to so it cant just be a cool skull on its own. come on hasbro! lol!

zdePRFVh.jpgJqrRn5Uh.jpg

4bIxqsXh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

since i was playing around with the new storm I wanted to see what the punk storm head would look like with different hair so i popped on the new black cats hair on her. It still has the pegs on the hair so it doesn't fit to well at the moment but i think it might look pretty good if fit to her. 

cIJXDojh.jpg4vCePHZh.jpg

tyB6tczh.jpgxw5eB76h.jpg

got an extra black cat for her hair and body so i worked on fitting the hair to storm. think its coming along pretty nicely. i would like to add a wash to it to match the other figs hair so i didn't glue it to well yet. i dig it though. I also lowered the head a bit so shes not so much of a bobble head.

pyyFm9dh.jpguW2AFFvh.jpg

XxqY7fSh.jpgVUTiHvfh.jpg

n62kbquh.jpgWBoFuJ1h.jpg

KQWk8evh.jpgSOWEMCZh.jpg

DZrUAMch.jpgZUjSkWHh.jpg

tP3Cvbch.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a while but i have a few more things i have been working on. first up is Cletus Kasady in prison jumpsuit. Pretty easy kit bash here, nothing to fancy but i really like the result. it isn't my idea, i saw it once before on ebay i believe and thought it was a cool idea, i did however up it a notch and added new hands as well. The stock hands are no good. Hes not 100% yet. I need to take the belle reve text off the back and add a ball joint to the neck. His head is just sitting on the original peg and it cant move really. works for now though. Overall I'm am most pleased with it and am having fun making it. Any one else notice his id numbers above his pocket on his chest? pretty clever.

jIbGvwA.jpgNFxuMPo.jpg

z8tA3gY.jpgYuoAKdL.jpg

75hMKao.jpg

pH9YN1O.jpg

MgCtxTT.jpg

WGsSiUz.jpg

61MPtJm.jpg

t6pzqPB.jpg

1L6bwPE.jpg

9SGP4kS.jpg

The body is the batman v sperman Lex Luthor. There pretty cheap now if you want to pick some up for just this kinda thing.

915ENu8R7lL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The hands are from the all father wave iron fist. i had these laying around and noticed the color was pretty close to the arms and they work out rather well.

91UlNxMUmEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...