MAFEX Spider-Man Unlimited Figure Official Images And Details

JayC

Looks like Medicom is re-releasing their comic book based MAFEX Spider-Man figure with new cell shading paint apps. The figure includes the same type of accessories such as multiple headsculpts, hands and webbing effects. This Spider-Man Unlimited figure will be released in December 2019. Check out the official images below.

MAFEX-Spider-Man-Unlimited-Spider-Man-02.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Man-Unlimited-Spider-Man-03.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Man-Unlimited-Spider-Man-04.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Man-Unlimited-Spider-Man-05.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Man-Unlimited-Spider-Man-06.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Man-Unlimited-Spider-Man-07.jpg

This kinda pisses me off. I have the first release and the only thing I didn't quite like was the paint.  But I tough: "Nah...they are not going to make another one, so I might aswell get tis one and be happy about it"  How wrong I was. This certainly looks way cooler, but no way I am gonna get another. If they release a black suit, maybe. My Mezco one makes me quite happy, The only 2 spideys I would get from hem are the Scarlet and 2099 (original one)

34 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

that's awesome! on one hand I wonder if the shading look would get old to me. but on the other hand any pose you put it in would look straight from the page

Medicom didn't have a presence there. 

On 7/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, RAMCAT said:

That's pretty cool but I have the original one already, which I'm completely fine with.

Was the comic Venom absent from SDCC? I know he was expected to release this month, but I haven't heard or seen anything about that.

Actually, I believe the Venom was scheduled to be released last month but I always add an extra month on to the estimate because they are usually a month or 2 "late". As far as an SDCC appearance, Medicom is a Japanese company and doesn't actually distribute their products in the U.S. and thus do not show them at conventions or other events here in the states. People have to import the figures from Japan themselves or purchase them from an online retailer (such as Megalopolis or Big Bad Toy Store) that has imported them from Japan for sale in the U.S.. Any convention type photos you see of the Mafex figures are from cons and shows overseas.

I was about to pull the plug on the previous version of this spiderman, Im glad I didnt in time to catch this reveal, I think Ill preorder this one instead.
I knew the previous mafex spiderman was a great figure but having so many ML spidermans in my collection I was hessitant on getting the mafex one because of the pricepoint, but with this comic style paint apps its just enough to make it look different to the rest of my spiderman figures and gives me the little bit of reason that was missing for me to pull the trigger on the previous version, Im glad I waited.
I wonder if theyll later re-release a venom with also comicbook paint apps, that one would look amazing.