#SDCC2019 - Hasbro Marvel Brand Team Interview

JayC

Really dont agree with the list Shartimus Prime read out  . Whats really needed is a first time figure of  Mr. Hyde ,  Red Armored Dracula Lord of the Vampires , Mephisto , Rom Space Knight ,  The Molecule Man , Blackout , Nightmare , New and improved articulation , detail and body molds of : Daken , Banshee , The Sentry , Lady Deathstryke ,  Red Hulk , Hyperion , All Father Odin , Terrax the Tamer  , Superior Spiderman,  comic version of The Black Order , Warpath , Classic Comic version of Captain Marvel (male version) 

Yes, i agree w/you that their are great characters that have never been made& I  like some of your choices especially Mr.Hyde, Red Armour Drac,Rom,Blackout, Nightmare and we also need some alternate outfits of HERCULEEEEEES!!!!! (Green Chest Strap,an updated classic look and green army fatigues he wore in Avengers Mansion Siege story-line!)

That's an awful lot of Hercules.  He just got a great modern version...I think we can chill a bit before we get another, if we get some more "new" characters first.  Hyde and Nightmare are excellent ideas.  I know Dracula is public domain but I'm curious as to how they'd package him.  "Marvel's Dracula" maybe?  "Marvel's Lord of the Vampires?"  Either way I think he's more likely to show up a few years from now when the new Blade movie hits.

Rom is...interesting.  Hasbro owns him as a character now.  Marvel once had the license for Rom from Remco (I think?  Tyco?  One of those old toy companies that got bought out) who was the original creator of Rom, but eventually lost it.  So to make an actual "Marvel Legends" Rom they would have to license Rom back to Marvel and then make a Rom figure.  Or get special permission from Marvel to be able to use their trade dressing on the packaging despite Rom not being a Marvel character (I think?).  Either way it'd kind of be up to Marvel to play ball.  Basically what I'm saying is there's almost no chance of a mass-retail release for Rom in the Marvel Legends line.

Conversely they could totally make a 6" Rom figure (and Dire Wraith) in Marvel Legends style but not in Marvel Legends packaging.  Probably more likely, and almost certainly something that would be some type of exclusive (like the 3.75" Rom and Dire Wraith from a couple or three years back).

Unless they get around to making those Hasbro movies/The Hasbroverse a reality.

If they do something Marvel related for Haslab I dont want to see a vehicle. A Black Bird or Quinjet is to limited in what you can do with it. You can stick some figure inside them but they aren't really good for displaying figures on because they are inside. And you can't even play with it much cause its so big.

If they do Haslab it should be a figure like Galactus, or Sentinel or Celestial. Something along those lines.

2 hours ago, JayC said:

If they do something Marvel related for Haslab I dont want to see a vehicle. A Black Bird or Quinjet is to limited in what you can do with it. You can stick some figure inside them but they aren't really good for displaying figures on because they are inside. And you can't even play with it much cause its so big.

If they do Haslab it should be a figure like Galactus, or Sentinel or Celestial. Something along those lines.

I'd still love a Milano for my GotG. I have a friend who does custom SW ships, in 6" scale, I'm asking him if he can pull it off. If he does, I'll be sure to post it!

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Master Mold!  That would probably be about my #1 "Big figure" want.  I'm not unhappy with my Toy Biz Galactus or Hasbro Fin Fang Foom, but if they made larger versions I'd certainly consider them.

Also instant "buys" for me:  Surtur (comics), and/or Ymir.

If they do a Sentinel I think it should def be Master Mold and they should give it a detachable head.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:40 AM, JayC said:

If it is a vehicle, it should be like the Toy Biz Blackbird