New Promo Pics For Hasbro's Walgreens Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" New Mutants Figure

JayC

Hasbro has released new promo images for the upcoming 6" Marvel Legends Walgreens exclusive New Mutants Dani Moonstar figure. This figure should see release later this year after the Emma Frost figure which has already started hitting overseas.

The figure includes a bow and arrow for Dani as well as alternate hands and heads so you can also make figures of New Mutants members Karma and Wolfsbane.

Since Hasbro debuted the figure last weekend during SDCC, I've seen some of you wondering about the uniform the figure features. It is not the uniform the team wore when the original New Mutants comic debuted back in the 80s. Its a more modern version the team started wearing around 2009 in the New Mutants Vol. 3 comic series. One thing to note however is I am not sure whether or not Wolfsbane was seen wearing this particular outfit. I don't think she did, but I won't swear to it.

I'm hoping the headsculpt from Hasbro's recent Magik figure will fit on this new figure as well since Magik definitely was seen in the comics wearing this updated uniform. Granted the black headpiece on that head might look a little out of place but overall I think it will work.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-01.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-02.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-03.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-04.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-05.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-06.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Walgreens-New-Mutants-07.jpg

19 minutes ago, mako said:

Love the fact she comes with a bow and ONE ARROW.

Thanos better look out now, boy!

As for finding it (them?)I hope the fact this is essentially an army-builder means they'll go that extra step to get enough into the wild.

All I know for sure is, after the Infamous Iron Man debacle, I won't be ordering her site to store.

That's one arrow more than hawkeye or kate bishop came with, so that accessory's gonna end up doing triple duty! 

I'm hoping that Dani's head will fit on Kitty Pryde's body, so that i can diversity the new mutant's heights/costumes a little.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Guess Wolfsbane did wear this uniform at some point though not sure what comic this image is from.

wolfsbane-costume-featured_image.jpg

Ya, way back in the early days of New Mutants. It's a pretty cool pack, (here comes the but) but I wish they woulda included a regular Magik head sculpt instead of Wolfsbane. The current Magik is really short even though she supposedly aged and grew with the rest of the women on the team and we're all sure a 90's Wolfsbane is on it's way shortly and that head sculpt coulda been used with this buck. Small potatoes, I know. I'm still happy this figure finally found it's way to the shelves. At least the Walgreens exclusives are easier to find than Walmarts.

This is a neat set. Something about Danis head looks huge to her body ratio tho. A pretty face tho. And I miss the days when Wolfsbane had a massive updo and not this look. I think this is going for more of the modern era look of these characters which Im not as familiar with because wolfsbane looks hella awkward to me. Definitely going to be a nightmare for anyone trying to obtain all of them as im sure there will be droves of people just buying them for the body buck alone for customs. Thankfully I wont be one of them. But when that Doom arises, I will scour the Earth to get him. 

14 hours ago, mako said:

That's funny. I'm hoping Kitty's head will fit on Dani's body. I never liked how big Kitty is on the body they used.

yeah that Kitty fig is too tall.  Although i had assumed that the Dani figure was on the smaller "female teen" buck and from what i've heard its actually taller than that so I'm going to have to wait to see.  Mostly i just want Dani to be taller than Karma and Wolfsbane but its not a deal-breaker.  

On 7/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, SpiderS said:

I hope that Sunspot gonna get announced soon enough, they can easily make into multi head pack so we can almost complete whole team in the same year. 

They might do a Male pack with this same costume design later on, (male body with this design of paint and just put in Sunspot, Cannonball and Cypher heads, maybe a couple of flame effects and interchangeable black flame hands for suspot.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:23 PM, monron999 said:

I wish they woulda included a regular Magik head sculpt instead of Wolfsbane. The current Magik is really short even though she supposedly aged and grew with the rest of the women on the team and we're all sure a 90's Wolfsbane is on it's way shortly and that head sculpt coulda been used with this buck.

I agree this should have come with a newer Magik headsculpt more in scale with this body (a regular haired one without those things sticking out) instead of Wolfsbane's parts, maybe add an interchangeable armored left arm and a sword (though I'd be ok if it just came with a Sword instead of the wolfsbane's hands, since you could use the gripping pair of hands that already come in the package), either that or a magma head and clear fire hands instead, those two would have made more sense than Wolfsbane since we know we'll eventually get her in her more iconic 90's costume (which is the look every wants, I dont think anyone really cares for this wolfsbane)

Dani Moonstar: 5'6"

Magik: 5'11"

Magma: 5'6"

Wolfsbane: 5'2"

Magma was definitely the pick. Wolfsbane is a little too short and wasn't part of that iteration of New Mutants (I'm pretty sure the picture above is actually fan art; I don't think she ever wore this costume). Magik is too tall and would have required an alternate arm and a sword. It doesn't matter, though. I'm so stoked to get Karma and Dani (but especially Karma).

To me, the costume is close enough to the initial black-yellow uniforms the New Mutants wore and I think the 'x' adds a little more pizazz than the FA costumes had. 

That said, i'm really debating whether its worth it to me to bother completing the team.  I have Warlock and Magik (who are probably my two favorites from the group anyhow)  but i've only really read the sienkiewicz-era issues from the New Mutants run, altho i know most of the characters went on to other teams in the 90s and beyond.  Not gonna consider getting Sam or Boom-Boom til they hit discount prices anyhow, so i guess it'll be awhile before i have to cross that bridge.

44 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

To me, the costume is close enough to the initial black-yellow uniforms the New Mutants wore and I think the 'x' adds a little more pizazz than the FA costumes had.

Not for me.  Needs the cavalier boots, yellow trunks, and red belts.  Plus, the bodies look too grown up.  I guess Shan is alright, but definitely not for Rahne.  Dani would be a stretch.  I'm going to pass on this and hold out for some classic NM uniform releases.  And frankly, like all of the things I feel okay passing on these days, it secretly a relief!

Editing to clarify: The bodies look too grown up to represent Dani and Rahne as they were in the original NM run.  They look fine for when they were adults and actually did wear this uniform.

• 1 month later...

This figure'll probably hit the US in November. They usually do the Walgreens exclusives quarterly, and Emma Frost has only just made her way into US stores in the last two weeks. Emma did hit internationally about two months earlier, so this might be available in places without Walgreens in about a month.

• 2 weeks later...