Walmart Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Captain America Update

JayC

• 2 weeks later...

Just keep checking that link provided in the article. I woke up today and just randomly decided to check it. My closest Walmart had 2 in stock. I picked up both and got them later that day. There are no more within a 100 mile radius of me. It’s just luck of the draw. The figure is excellent btw. The star logo is smudged but it’s easily the best Cap out there 

Still never seen this figure in Canada yet, nowhere to be seen, Wal-Mart.ca says it's been sold out since it came out, which means they never had it. In Canada we have seen a trend all Wal-mart exclusives get bungled and then they become TRU exclusives, or they become non existent

#banwalmartfrommarvellegendsexclusives

Hello all, I'm new to action figure collecting but not to comics.  I happened upon a few of these 80th anniversary figures in Walmart the other day- This Captain America being 2 of them- and a friend of mine said they may be worth something to have so I bought them.   In doing some searching I happened upon this thread so I signed up for this forum to get some insight as to why this particular action figure is being sought after?

13 hours ago, Severe_Islexdyia said:

Hello all, I'm new to action figure collecting but not to comics.  I happened upon a few of these 80th anniversary figures in Walmart the other day- This Captain America being 2 of them- and a friend of mine said they may be worth something to have so I bought them.   In doing some searching I happened upon this thread so I signed up for this forum to get some insight as to why this particular action figure is being sought after?

personally speaking I see it as the best cap ML figure. its the classic iconic look

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:16 AM, Severe_Islexdyia said:

Well great for you- haven't seen it anywhere here at all. I placed an order in the am and was told which store to go to, I got there and they didn't have it and then wm  sent me an email saying it was out of stock. This is AFTER they told me it was there. And most of the posts I've seen are saying its nearly impossible to get. wm is infamous for this crap....why Hasbro continues using them for exclusive sales is beyond me. So, good for you....maybe there's hope for the rest of after all.

To answer your question, this figure is sought after because Captain America is extremely popular, both for fans and for Marvel itself. Along with Thor and Iron Man, he forms the "big three" for the Avengers, the super team that hit its heyday under his leadership. While he is not a founding member, he is almost always regarded as their best leader, and embodies the best aspects of the Avengers name. The figure itself has actually already been done, but the blue is more or less "royal" blue. As you already know, Cap is usually in that lighter blue in the comics. Alex Ross tends to favor Cap in a darker blue. I prefer that scheme myself, because not only is the inner circle of his shield always dark blue, so is the union of the US flag. Also, they've sculpted on his chain mail and added 2 fists for this figure. So for collectors, it all comes down to if you really need that version or not.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Really? There's only one Walmart in my area that doesn't have 80th Cap. Luck of the draw I guess. My area is usually the last to get these things . . . and the first to run dry when they DO turn up.

Oh wow where is your area....maybe I can get someone to send me one!!

• 4 weeks later...

MY Captain America arrived!! Looks fantastic next to the other Big 3 but of course on his own as well. Do wish they'd gone with a brighter red for the outfit though. And I did notice....this shield is smaller. I have one from another figure and its clearly bigger than this one. But they did such a great job with the chain mail....actually has a bit of shimmer to it if you hold it just right. Just glad to finally have him and not pay (which I refuse to do) scalpers prices. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!