Next Event based wave

tarot

With Hasbro deciding to do a Age of Apocalypse themed wave, it got me thinking what other event could hasbro do. I mean there are plenty. Secret wars (both versions), Infinity Wars, Infinity Gaunlet, House of M, Infinity Warp, Spider-verse, Venom Verse etc. but what is the one event you would like Hasbro to do.

For me it's Annihilation. This was an event that really brought the Cosmic side of Marvel Back into the mainstream, reintroducing many characters back into marvel that have been gone and forgotten about for years.

What about you? what one (and One only) event in Marvel history do you want Hasbro to make a wave of?

Oh, mine is not going to be popular, but I kinda really like Age of X. I'd love to see Avalanche, Basilisk/Cyclops, Chamber, Dust, Frenzy, Hellion, Karma, Legacy/Rogue, Legion, Nightmare/Pixie, Psylocke, Revenant/Phoenix, and Tempo represented with their Age of X looks.

2 minutes ago, mako said:

I'd want to see the original Secret Wars. That's really the only Marvel "Event" comic I ever got into. Everything else was just . . . a knock-off.

I'd agree although i thought Annihilation was a good event too.  However, that one didn't really involve any cross-overs into exisiting series, they just had a bunch of miniseries that tied into the main one.  A much better approach to events, imo.  There really haven't been a ton of times i can think of where an ongoing comic was improved by crossing over with a big event.

Plus secret wars could easily go vintage style with packaging/artwork mimicking the original toys. And a lot of characters that were featured in that secret wars toyline could use new/re-released ML figs (kang, electro, falcon) plus there are all the villains from the comic that don't have figures yet.

19 hours ago, Benn said:

Oh, mine is not going to be popular, but I kinda really like Age of X. I'd love to see Avalanche, Basilisk/Cyclops, Chamber, Dust, Frenzy, Hellion, Karma, Legacy/Rogue, Legion, Nightmare/Pixie, Psylocke, Revenant/Phoenix, and Tempo represented with their Age of X looks.

I'm a fan of these designs. Especially Basilisk, Frenzy, Hellion, Cannonball (with legs and blast effect), Magneto, and Warpath. And I liked Northstar's speed effects, but his overall look wasn't great.

AgeOfX_PROMO.jpg

northstar.jpg

I think it's unanimous we all want a Secret Wars based set of waves, but me personally I'd also love to see Maximum Carnage (so we can get Carrion, Demogoblin, Shreik), Venomverse (so we can get some awesome venomized characters and poison characters to go with Poison SM) and Lethal Protector (so we can get those Life Foundation Symbiotes), also would love a Midnight Massacre based wave and Phalanx Covenant would be rad (then we could get some Generation X characters and Excalibur) but I bet none of these would happen apart from Secret Wars which I think has huge potential

Where are all the Secret Invasion fans? That event is Taylor made for maximum exploitation of the ML brand. Think about it, they could fill pretty much any hole in the ML line up like Tigra, Falcon, Hood, Iron Patriot, Ronin (comic), Black Golia......errrrrr....I mean Ben Foster, Jewel, Yellowjacket, etc., etc., etc., and make it event specific by including a Skrull head sculpt or two in every box. Not to mention a ton of classic characters like Luke Cage, Wonder Man, Professor Pym, Hercules, Grey Hulk, Iron Fist, Hound Rachel Grey and Silver Centurion Iron Man. They could even use it as a way to redo some older figs that don't quite stand up to todays standards. Who doesn't want a new Emma Frost in white, Immortal Iron Fist, US Agent, Banshee, Bleeding Edge Iron Man, Maria Hill/Sharon Carter or every character of the terribly outta scale Wrecking Crew? Hell, who knows, maybe somebody will grow a set and get a Mar-Vell into the works. The possibilities are endless

A comic based line based on the classic 80s " Under siege", when the powerfullest incarnation of the  Zemo led Masters of evil took over Avengers mansion" storyline.  We get long requested version of Monica as Captain Marvel/Photon, we get classic 80s Herc, Bearded Thor, classic Antman, another costume of Wasp & we get never before made classic versions  of Mr Hyde, Goliath, Moonstone, the Fixer, classic Zemo, and the wrecking crew re-done in scale accurate hgts on the newer Thor/Herc bucks.

Avengers vs the Masters of evil under siege.jpg

Masters of evil #1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

A comic based line based on the classic 80s " Under siege", when the powerfullest incarnation of the  Zemo led Masters of evil took over Avengers mansion" storyline.  We get long requested version of Monica as Captain Marvel/Photon, we get classic 80s Herc, Bearded Thor, classic Antman, another costume of Wasp & we get never before made classic versions  of Mr Hyde, Goliath, Moonstone, the Fixer, classic Zemo, and the wrecking crew re-done in scale accurate hgts on the newer Thor/Herc bucks.

Avengers vs the Masters of evil under siege.jpg

Masters of evil #1.jpg

i'm not sure it quite qualifies as an event since it didn't crossover into many other titles but we definitely could use more masters of Evil and I'm always down for more Stern-era Avengers. Since i recently got the VW wave 2 Wasp, it seems very likely hasbro will now announce a new Wasp figure in the stern-era costume.

Seems like Goliath could work using the mcu GIant-Man body and Hyde with Kingpin parts. And of course many villains overlap with the secret wars villains so bonus!

4 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

i'm not sure it quite qualifies as an event since it didn't crossover into many other titles but we definitely could use more masters of Evil and I'm always down for more Stern-era Avengers. Since i recently got the VW wave 2 Wasp, it seems very likely hasbro will now announce a new Wasp figure in the stern-era costume.

Seems like Goliath could work using the mcu GIant-Man body and Hyde with Kingpin parts. And of course many villains overlap with the secret wars villains so bonus!

Actually it did crossover with a few other  titles. In an issue of Amazing Spiderman, Spidey fought Absorbing man & Titania at JFK airport when they were there to pick up another Masters of evil member who was flying in...his name....Puma.  In a Captain America issue, Cap fought Whirlwind & Trapster in North Carolina & found out about the large gathering of super villians that Zemo was gathering. I think there was 1 or more Avengers related titles that "Under siege" crossed over with but at the moment can't think of them.

Captain-America vs Trapster n Whirlwind.jpg

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_283.jpg

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I really should have said "excluding Secret Wars" because let face it everyone would want that as it is the most important event, not just marvel, but all of comic industry

With the direction and success of the vintage waves I really wouldn't be surprised if a Secret Wars vintage wave is already being discussed, if not green lit. Whether you wanna call the vintage wave a simple money grab or not, the X-Men vintage wave showed they weren't afraid to put new sculpts into them. With or without new sculpts, pretty much 90 percent of what a Secret Wars wave would consist of has already been made, save for Kang which would have to be a new sculpt. Falcon could be a kit bash, but he would need wings (and no, Vulture's will not work). Put them on throwback Secret Wars cards, throw in a cheesy nostalgia driving hologram shield and you have a winner. To add to the cool factor do a Deadpool through Fans Club or something. Not that we need any more DP's but the novelty of it would force me to buy it nonetheless. Ass Admiral Akbar would say, "It's A Trap!!!", but I would laugh/cry all the way to the bank to get cash to buy 2 sets.

14 hours ago, leokearon said:

Also Secret Wars makes sense given it was an event created to sell toys

Yep! its not a great comparison but mattel did this with a super powers wave of DCUC figures, also im not really an "in the box" collector but if done right these would be ones I would consider displaying on the card ( ha who am I kidding? id have to get extras..)

9 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

Yep! its not a great comparison but mattel did this with a super powers wave of DCUC figures, also im not really an "in the box" collector but if done right these would be ones I would consider displaying on the card ( ha who am I kidding? id have to get extras..)

It is a fair comparsion given that the Secret Wars line was done to combat the DC Super Powers figures