Jump to content
leokearon

Unofficial 2 Pack Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Poll

Recommended Posts

Hmm, i gonna have to think more about this, at first glance i don't think there are any 2-packs there i would really want to shell out $40 for. 

Probably not so much the choices offered as my own tendency to dislike 2-packs in general... I usual only pick them up if they are on sale/clearance now... this year's hasbro has been really testing my resolve though.  So far have picked up Loki/Glaive,  Korg/Grandmaster, and Hulk/FA Wolvie, although at least the Korg/Grandmaster set i was able to get 15% off at Barnes&Noble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Hmm, i gonna have to think more about this, at first glance i don't think there are any 2-packs there i would really want to shell out $40 for. 

Probably not so much the choices offered as my own tendency to dislike 2-packs in general... I usual only pick them up if they are on sale/clearance now... this year's hasbro has been really testing my resolve though.  So far have picked up Loki/Glaive,  Korg/Grandmaster, and Hulk/FA Wolvie, although at least the Korg/Grandmaster set i was able to get 15% off at Barnes&Noble.

I think the problem with multi-packs in general is that they tend to have one old figure and one new one, so there is a risk of double dipping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason this was the easiest one to decide on.   Making my own assumptions on which versions we're talking about I went with Banshee & Thunderbird, Dr. Strange & Baron Mordo, Hank Pym & Ultron, and Peter Parker & Gwen Stacy.  I chose Hank Pym with the idea that he would be in his red jumpsuit from WCA and have a removable lab coat.  I further assumed the Ultron would be a classic version (8, 9, 11, or 12), but if they went ahead and made it a 3-pack with Ultron-1 I sure wouldn't complain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

For some reason this was the easiest one to decide on.   Making my own assumptions on which versions we're talking about I went with Banshee & Thunderbird, Dr. Strange & Baron Mordo, Hank Pym & Ultron, and Peter Parker & Gwen Stacy.  I chose Hank Pym with the idea that he would be in his red jumpsuit from WCA and have a removable lab coat.  I further assumed the Ultron would be a classic version (8, 9, 11, or 12), but if they went ahead and made it a 3-pack with Ultron-1 I sure wouldn't complain!

That's the way it works unless I do mention a specific version, it can be what you want it to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with the four X-Men options that didn't involve recently-released characters (counting Age of Apocalypse characters as distinct from their 616 counterparts): AoA Jean/Scott, Banshee/Thunderbird, Pierce/Deathstrike, and the Hellfire Club guards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Benn said:

I went with the four X-Men options that didn't involve recently-released characters (counting Age of Apocalypse characters as distinct from their 616 counterparts): AoA Jean/Scott, Banshee/Thunderbird, Pierce/Desthstrike, and the Hellfire Coub guards.

Nice choices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That said, I know Banshee's one of the bigger X-Men names still left to do, but I think there might be a general revolt if Thunderbird got a figure before first-appearance Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Benn said:

That said, I know Banshee's one of the bigger X-Men names still left to do, but I think there might be a general revolt if Thunderbird got a figure before first-appearance Storm.

I mean, sure, but Hasbro's made 3 Storms already, while Thunderbird is a figure I've read a LOT of people request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with:
Fitz-Simmons

Hand Ninja Army Builder (either Netflix or Comic is good since they're just ninjas and it's hard to be wrong about them.)

Iron Fist and Steel Serpent (Netflix version, I'm lacking a more costume-like Rand and well... Davos isn't that interesting, but I really want a Netflix Iron Fist with the yellow face mask and open green hoodie revealing the iron fist tattoo)

Skrull Army Builder (MCU, Talos gets lonely)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I mean, sure, but Hasbro's made 3 Storms already, while Thunderbird is a figure I've read a LOT of people request.

Oh, totally. All the versions of Storm I wanted are done already, anyway (except outback, I guess). A lot of people just seem to ravenously want that first-appearance costume! And, to be fair, Thunderbird died in his second or third appearance, and Storm has been a central character to the franchise for over 40 years, so I can see the argument for prioritizing her 4th figure over his first.

I'd take Thunderbird first, personally. I'll need both to put together the Giant Size team, but Storm's first costume never felt like it fit her character all that well to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I mean, sure, but Hasbro's made 3 Storms already, while Thunderbird is a figure I've read a LOT of people request.

GSX Storm is still a surprise they haven't done yet, but given they have given us Jim Lee Strom, GSX Storm should eb the next storm. Still I woud prefer Banshee and Thunderbird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with

Demogoblin & Protogoblin

Dr. Strange & Baron Mordo (new Classic Dr. Strange)

Overdrive & Living Brain

Spider-Man 2099 & Venom 2099 (Spider-Man 2099 updated on Spider UK Buck)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doctor Strange and Baron Mordo sounds cool, but maybe a Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy 2 pack would be okie dokie for me 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for four, but there are at least 15 I would definitely buy.

 

Right Winger and Left Winger? Sign me the heck up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hank Pym & Ultron

Peter Parker & Gwen Stacy

US Agent and Battlestar

And Generic Goons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well one 2 pack is flying ahead of the others. But that could change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for Ultron/Pym   Don't care for Pym, gimme Perez Ultron!

Guardsman/Force- would army build those Guardsmen!

HAND Ninjas- Need at least a dozen to throw down with Wolvy, Ironfist, DD & the up & coming Shang Chi next yr!

Classic Ironfist-Steel Serpent    Been wanting a figure of this guy since I 1st read about him in the Marvel Team up issue of Spidey & Ironfist teaming up to fight him. And again, another Martial arts villain for Shang Chi to throwdown with as well as HAND Ninjas! An undated classic Ironfist on the Sunfire buck is long over due as well.  And Hasbro, plz make the army builders all the same, stop with the making one larger & on a different buck with parts from other figures. That's just mailing it in. I want a cohesive army of Guardsmen/HAND Ninjas, not individuals that look different from each other, 

Guardsman.gif

Guardsmen armorwar5.jpg

Hand vs Wolverine.jpg

Steel Serpent.jpg

Ultron by Perez.jpg

Steel serpent vs IF.png

Ultron-8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the 2 pack that was winning has extended its lead even more, but will it stay that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Overdrive and Living Brain

- Nova Corps Army Builder

- Peter and Gwen

- Banshee and Thunderbird

I wanted to avoid the Re-dos, and focus on figures that haven't had a figure, or are dire need of an update.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just took this.  I had to put Peter and Gwen and Ben and May.  Obviously, civilians, especially an old lady and a dead old man, are not the most likely on their own.  Otherwise, Banshee and Thunderbird help finish off the Giant-Size team.  Then, AoA Jean and Scott, because it's AoA.

 

 

   -Zach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so much yes on the gambit and rogue set! we need another rogue! and i would love to have a Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Squigiman said:

Just took this.  I had to put Peter and Gwen and Ben and May.  Obviously, civilians, especially an old lady and a dead old man, are not the most likely on their own.  Otherwise, Banshee and Thunderbird help finish off the Giant-Size team.  Then, AoA Jean and Scott, because it's AoA.

 

 

   -Zach

Don't know about Uncle Ben, Kenner/Hasbro did release Anakin Skywalker from jedi as a Toy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts



×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE