What X-Men heavy hitters do we have left?

Benn

Talking about the Giant Size team in the two-pack poll thread, I got to wondering just how many big characters (or big looks) we actually have left in the X-line to serve as the flagships for remaining waves. Banshee and Longshot feel like the biggest character vacancies, and first-appearance Storm and Emma-in-white are probably some of the most important missing costumes. Other than that, we've got X-Factor Wolfsbane and a fair number of 90s X-Force characters that should help sell some waves, but even those don't really feel like headliners. And realistically, Logan doesn't have a lot of iconic looks left. I think training uniform and the (post-)Astonishing X-Men era are really the only big sellers left. Green-dress Jean, since she's wearing that costume again now? Some version of Angel? Any iconic villains? Lady Deathstrike, maybe? I guess Toad, Pyro, and Avalanche would get some work done.

What X-Men wave-headliners are left to produce? I'm still gunning hard for armoured Psylocke, classic Magik, and Chamber, but I'm not sure any of those could do the heavy-lifting for a wave. There's obviously endless iterations of popular characters they could do,  but what's left on the level of importance of the recent Beast, Jubilee, Storm, and Nightcrawler figures?

Yes sir, therein lies the problem with the entire "I want this figure and I want it now!" mentality that some of us collectors have. I'm no innocent myself. So they gave us nearly every figure we've all been demanding, what next? Luckily there's no shortage of Logan/Wolverine looks they can dive into to helm the waves, but other than that, like you said, Longshot, Banshee, Thunderbird maybe. I'm thinking they're gonna hafta start diving into First Appearances, Era's like the Outback (I'd love an Outback Rogue), events like Inferno (who doesn't want a Goblin Queen?), maybe the Mutant Massacre. Then They have related teams like New Mutants, X-Force and Excalibur, fan favorites like Marrow, Doctor Nemesis and Random and Maggot, all which I'd love to see. Personally, I hope they begin tackling the Alpha Flight roster at least a little in the near future. The options are limited as far as big names go, but there are quit a few characters and quite a few alternate looks to keep it going for a while. I'm just grateful they got the majority of the core team and their most iconic looks outta the way before the movie waves start to take over, which I've said over and over, I bet will be sooner than they've lead us to believe.

I'd love a "The Twelve" Angel version, with the natural wings, long hair and white and blue costume. Blue or otherwise.

A Rogue's team Cannonball and Rogue, and Armor (but I don't think she'd be a headliner either)

Truth is it's all gonna come down to what the MCU decides to do with mutants. My money's on the probability we're gonna start getting figures from the characters in those movies in comic version. 

Aside from what's already been mentioned here, Beast in his classic blue & red is still outstanding.  I know I want it for sure.

The original five in their 1st appearance costumes is a big deal for me and also still outstanding.  And no, that godawful box set from a few years ago does not count.

Beast-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-early-h600.thumb.jpg.10ff325a567339eee1bec4332520b2dc.jpg

As far as "heavy hitters"

• Emma Frost (white)
  • Angel
  • Storm (Giant Size)
  • Rachel Grey

Just under that would be the rest of the popular among X

• Banshee
  • Siryn
  • Longshot
  • Sunspot
  • Lady Deathstrike
  • Sebastian Shaw
  • Magik (classic)
  • Warpath/Thunderbird
  • Pyro & Avalanch
  • Nimrod
  • Bastion
  • Chamber
  • Feral
  • Northstar
  • Puck
  • Cuckoos

The rest of characters I think are gettin figures

• Rockslide
  • Goldballs
  • Armor
  • Ink
  • Pixie
  • Dr Nemesis
  • Snowbird
  • Selene
  • Madelyn Pryor
  • Corsair
  • Hepzibah

There are a few characters that I don't think well ever be done. Like Frenzy, Leech, Fabian Cortez, Hellion, Arcade, Graydon Creed, Stacy X, Dust...

A "heavy hitter" list needs to start with the Blob, has he fits that remark both literally and figuratively.  

I'm still looking for the "Marvel Now" versions of the X-Men like White costume Magneto and the updated versions of Rogue and Mystique.  And throw in the Stepford Cuckoos.

Second tier characters to fill out rosters include:

- Banshee
- Thunderbird

- Warpath (both New Mutants and X-Force versions (I never got the Walmart exclusive))

A proper version of Lilandra and her Imperial Guards (that I don't know the names of aside from Gladiator).

- Shaman
- Snowbird 
- Marina
- Northstar
- Aurora

- Toad
- Pyro
- Avalanche

- Mojo
- Spiral

And then the students at the Xavier/Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters in the "Wolverine and the X-Men" and the Marvel Now "Uncanny X-Men" titles.

- Kid Omega
- Glob Herman
- Kid Gladiator
- Goldballs
- Tempus/Eva Bell

I think we pretty much have the grand majority of the big true "heavy hitters" of course as people mentioned like every single character above that needs to be done, I think Legends need to focus on X-Villains since it's surprising we have so little, we really need Blob, Pyro, Toad, Avalanche, Lady Deathstrike, Sabastian Shaw, Mojo, Brood, Spiral, I could go on but I really think they need to shift focus from Heros to the Villains in the X Department , but me personally I just want Generation X to finally get some character reps, let's get Excalibur and let's finish Alpha Flite, I'd be content

We need classic Thunderbird, Banshee, 1st app Storm & Angel (red/white & Blue/white versions) &re-do of classic 1st app Havok on Sunfire buck

We got Bonebreaker, so how about doing the rest of the core members of the Reavers.

We have Gladiator, so how about doing at least the 7 core members of the IG

We have Mr Sinister, so how bout all the core members of the Marauders, including 1st app Sabretooth.

We have Guardian, how about the rest of Apha Flight's core members which should include "Apology" re-do figures of both Sasquatch & Puck!

We need all 4 members of the StarJammers, they can just re-use the Abomination buck for Ch'od, new head, feet.

we have classic  Mystique & Mags, need Blob, Avalanche & Pyro

A classic Nimrod has been on just about everyone's top 10 wish list for yrs,  Make him a 8 scale classic version either deluxe or as a BAF

12' scaled classic DOFP" John Byrne Sentinels in an 80th anniv style box featuring hand & eye blast FX, open hands /fists, & alternate  "BD"  head, I'd easily fork over $59.99 for that to army build at minimum 6 to have 2 triads of "hunter/killer" Sentinels.

Hellfire club members along with classic Hellfire guards for Wolverine to skewer.

Re-done classic 1st app Cyke, Marvel girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel box set with extra open/closed hands & FX pieces  for Cyke, Jean & Iceman

I can't even keep up with the ones they're releasing now. There's just so many Marvel Legends. It's like you need an extra job just to get them all but then you don't have the time to appreciate them. Well, that is if they're not your main priority for collecting anyway.

We need Maggot though. With Eany and Meany.

The rest of the AOA characters would be cool. Maybe the Exiles too.

I'd still like another Wolfsbane though. Some of the parts could even be reused for Feral, Thornn, Hepzibah and Tigra. Just get all the female furries at the same time.

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think we pretty much have the grand majority of the big true "heavy hitters" of course as people mentioned like every single character above that needs to be done, I think Legends need to focus on X-Villains since it's surprising we have so little, we really need Blob, Pyro, Toad, Avalanche, Lady Deathstrike, Sabastian Shaw, Mojo, Brood, Spiral, I could go on but I really think they need to shift focus from Heros to the Villains in the X Department , but me personally I just want Generation X to finally get some character reps, let's get Excalibur and let's finish Alpha Flite, I'd be content

I think this could be said with ML in general we need more bad guys for our heroes to fight

Most of the truly iconic stand-alone villains for X-Men are done. Obviously we need Lady Deathstrike, Mojo, and Nimrod, but I think most of the remaining villains we need are more team-based: Brotherhood, Hellfire Club, Reavers, Marauders, Acolytes, etc. Cassandra Nova's a big solo villain, but wouldn't make for much of an exciting action figure.

I think Excalibur Kitty is actually a pretty big vacancy too, now that I think about it. And, to be honest, 90s Colossus might be one of the biggest headliners we have left. Granted the Juggernaut two-pack will be good enough for most people, but that's definitely the Giant Size costume. And given the relative scarcity of that two-pack and the easy reusability of much of that sculpt, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a more Jim Lee-accurate version at some point.

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

I think this could be said with ML in general we need more bad guys for our heroes to fight

Yes. Would love to see a Brotherhood wave. Avalanche, Blob, Pyro and Toad would be a must and you could fill out the rest with Mastermind (or Lady Mastermind), Destiny, Astra, Post, Exodus, Mesmero, Vanisher. 

Revers, Acolytes, Imperial Guard, Marauders, Nasty Boys, Hellfire Club, Horesemen of Apocalypse. And then there's the one-off villains, Legion (unless they wanted to make figures of his personas, which would be awesome), Bastion, Mojo, Black Tom, Emplate, Sugar Man, Ahab. 

So many.

32 minutes ago, Fitz616 said:

Yes. Would love to see a Brotherhood wave. Avalanche, Blob, Pyro and Toad would be a must and you could fill out the rest with Mastermind (or Lady Mastermind), Destiny, Astra, Post, Exodus, Mesmero, Vanisher. 

Revers, Acolytes, Imperial Guard, Marauders, Nasty Boys, Hellfire Club, Horesemen of Apocalypse. And then there's the one-off villains, Legion (unless they wanted to make figures of his personas, which would be awesome), Bastion, Mojo, Black Tom, Emplate, Sugar Man, Ahab. 

So many.

Yeah, we need some more "Bring on the Bad Guys" waves

9 minutes ago, BradMan said:

I would say that Warpath / Thunderbird is a pretty major player without a modern Hasbro figure.  James Proudstar wore the same costume as John Proudstar when he first joined X-Force, so so get a two-for-one with one figure. 

Only problem with  that is that one brother was like a 7ft bruiser, believe Warpath while T-bird was more in the 6'-6'2 range & leaner build. I would love a 2 pack of both of them with Warpath on the Omega Red buck & T-bird on the Sunfire buck.

3 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Only problem with  that is that one brother was like a 7ft bruiser, believe Warpath while T-bird was more in the 6'-6'2 range & leaner build. I would love a 2 pack of both of them with Warpath on the Omega Red buck & T-bird on the Sunfire buck.

Yeah John was 6'1 (same size as Tony Stark or Carnage) while james is 7'2 making him bigger than the Hulk

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I wouldn't be disappointed if they were both on Omega Red. 

image.thumb.png.0bc14f1686a30c96ebfec074f3caba9a.pngimage.thumb.png.0303b7138db052a1d47420157e3d61e1.png

I never looked in to the actual "official" Marvel Universe height for either... I just always assumed they were the same size but Warpath looked bigger because like other characters mentioned (Beast, Thing, Hulk, etc.) he was drawn larger and larger as time went on.

Regardless... I would be fine with either Thunderbird or Warpath done on the Omega Red buck.

3 hours ago, BradMan said:

I never looked in to the actual "official" Marvel Universe height for either... I just always assumed they were the same size but Warpath looked bigger because like other characters mentioned (Beast, Thing, Hulk, etc.) he was drawn larger and larger as time went on.

Regardless... I would be fine with either Thunderbird or Warpath done on the Omega Red buck.

Wouldn't be an accurate depiction of John Proudstar, he's  6'1-6'2 , his brother is the 7 footer. 

Thunderbird.jpg

thunderbirdback.jpg