What X-Men heavy hitters do we have left?

Benn

58 minutes ago, Nessex said:

I think that the only peeps left from that poster that haven't been made (or announced) are Feral & Meggan.
I would, however, not say no to Shadowcat, Warpath, Rachel & Wolfsbane in the costumes shown above.  

Well I'm dying for 90s Domino, personally.

and Captain Britain should definitely be on a different, better body mold. And his classic costume while they're at it.

I wish they'd do Lockheed as an accessory like they did with that Yellowjacket that came with Wonderman in the Toybiz days.

Count me also as one that would like to see Wofsbane in her X-Factor get up. Warpath also needs an update. Cap Britain also needs his "original" color scheme. Cannonball needs some damn legs. We need Meggan, Kitty Pryde as Shadowcat and we definitely need Rachel in her Hound costume, maybe even swappable 'good' and 'evil' heads. If they wanna do Rictor, Siryn and Sunspot in their X-Force gear I wouldn't be upset either.

As I've said in another post, after this Alpha Flight bombshell I really do feel we're in for an Excalibur box set reveal at the MCM London Con. It's a perfect storm.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

Count me also as one that would like to see Wofsbane in her X-Factor get up. Warpath also needs an update. Cap Britain also needs his "original" color scheme. Cannonball needs some damn legs. We need Meggan, Kitty Pryde as Shadowcat and we definitely need Rachel in her Hound costume, maybe even swappable 'good' and 'evil' heads. If they wanna do Rictor, Siryn and Sunspot in their X-Force gear I wouldn't be upset either.

As I've said in another post, after this Alpha Flight bombshell I really do feel we're in for an Excalibur box set reveal at the MCM London Con. It's a perfect storm.

I'm on board with all of this and was thinking/hoping for Excalibur set. What do you think of Captain Britain on the Omega Red body mold? Or did you have a mold in mind?

8 hours ago, Fitz616 said:

I'm on board with all of this and was thinking/hoping for Excalibur set. What do you think of Captain Britain on the Omega Red body mold? Or did you have a mold in mind?

I would say the Odinson buck needs to be put into more circulation. It's basically a better version of the Hyperion mold which was used for the first Cap Brit.

I think most inf not all the heavy hitters (main characters have been done) but as for important characters in the X-Men comics that need to be done (be it for the first time or a figure that really needs a remake) Id have to say these are the following I think should be done, (I always liked Maverick a lot and would love figure of him but I think its doubtful he'll get made anytime soon).

Heroes:
Banshee (Green and yellow outfit)
Thunderbird 
Rachel Grey Excalibur era (thow I think Hasbro'll probably go with the more modern suit with the trenchcoat) 
Longshot
90's X-Force Warpath
90's X-Force Feral
90's X-Factor Wolfsbane
90's X-Force Sunspot
90's X-Force Syrin

Villians:
Toad
Pyro
Avalanche
Lady Deathstrike
Sebastian Shaw
Black Tom Cassidy
Exodus
Bastion
Fabian Cortez

Other costumes of characters that already have a decent figure:
Storm (Giant Size Costume)
Shadowcat (Classic Blue Costume) 
Captain Britain (Classic Excalibur Costume)
Emma Frost (White costume)

8 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I think most inf not all the heavy hitters (main characters have been done) but as for important characters in the X-Men comics that need to be done (be it for the first time or a figure that really needs a remake) Id have to say these are the following I think should be done, (I always liked Maverick a lot and would love figure of him but I think its doubtful he'll get made anytime soon).

Heroes:
Banshee (Green and yellow outfit)
Thunderbird 
Rachel Grey Excalibur era (thow I think Hasbro'll probably go with the more modern suit with the trenchcoat) 
Longshot
90's X-Force Warpath
90's X-Force Feral
90's X-Factor Wolfsbane
90's X-Force Sunspot
90's X-Force Syrin

Villians:
Toad
Pyro
Avalanche
Lady Deathstrike
Sebastian Shaw
Black Tom Cassidy
Exodus
Bastion
Fabian Cortez

Other costumes of characters that already have a decent figure:
Storm (Giant Size Costume)
Shadowcat (Classic Blue Costume) 
Captain Britain (Classic Excalibur Costume)
Emma Frost (White costume)

no 90s X-Force Domino?!!! Come on, man.... you're pooping on my hopes and dreams 😄 

I find the Domino from the Sasquatch wave to be so unsettling. It's boring and nowhere near as awesome as her 90s look(s).

9 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

no 90s X-Force Domino?!!! Come on, man.... you're pooping on my hopes and dreams 😄 

I find the Domino from the Sasquatch wave to be so unsettling. It's boring and nowhere near as awesome as her 90s look(s).

I agree, a 90's domino would definetely be cool but I dont think theyll make her anytime soon, hopefully im wrong because Id also rather have that version

On 7/31/2019 at 9:02 AM, Benn said:

Talking about the Giant Size team in the two-pack poll thread, I got to wondering just how many big characters (or big looks) we actually have left in the X-line to serve as the flagships for remaining waves. Banshee and Longshot feel like the biggest character vacancies, and first-appearance Storm and Emma-in-white are probably some of the most important missing costumes. Other than that, we've got X-Factor Wolfsbane and a fair number of 90s X-Force characters that should help sell some waves, but even those don't really feel like headliners. And realistically, Logan doesn't have a lot of iconic looks left. I think training uniform and the (post-)Astonishing X-Men era are really the only big sellers left. Green-dress Jean, since she's wearing that costume again now? Some version of Angel? Any iconic villains? Lady Deathstrike, maybe? I guess Toad, Pyro, and Avalanche would get some work done.

What X-Men wave-headliners are left to produce? I'm still gunning hard for armoured Psylocke, classic Magik, and Chamber, but I'm not sure any of those could do the heavy-lifting for a wave. There's obviously endless iterations of popular characters they could do,  but what's left on the level of importance of the recent Beast, Jubilee, Storm, and Nightcrawler figures?

It's already been mentioned but Exodus (1st appearance) would be good to fill that 90's nostalgia for villains. As for Wolverine, definitely need a new astonishing as you stated, but feral Wolverine still needs to be done (for better or worse).

tumblr_m5mbdcGFXS1rxyld0o1_640.jpg

12b2f610886e3022-600x338.jpg

On 8/29/2019 at 10:00 PM, monron999 said:

I would get into an Excalibur set. Esp if it gave us a puffy sleeved Shadowcat. Throw in a Kylun & a Widget accessory for good measure.
They could market it on Amazon.uk . LOL

First appearance Storm is a heavy hitter. How do we even define a heavy hitter? Historically significant? An active appearance in the comics? I don't know what any of the X-Men look like now. I see they sometimes have those weird glowing costumes.

I know Rogue wore the green and white hooded costume in her early appearances, and in the late 90's, but if she hasn't worn it since is it important? If they did one of her in that look, I hope they would give her a first appearance hairdo, and a modern one.

The comics seem so transient these days. TB made a Rogue in the X-Treme X-Men outfit, but how long did that look last? They've made a few of the black and silver X-Force characters as repaints. What kind of heavy hitters are those? Is it a modern look that has persisted? Is it on the scale of Colossus' shirtless Outback look?

Warpath seems like a heavy hitter. I see there is discussion on whether he and Thunderbird were the same size. How different are there costumes? It seems unlikely we will get two of them if they are in their classic looks. Didn't Warpath trick the X-Men into believing he was Thunderbird for revenge?

I like the idea of some Hellfire Club guards for army building.

Magneto in purple with the big M would be neat.

6 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

How do we even define a heavy hitter? Historically significant? An active appearance in the comics? I don't know what any of the X-Men look like now.

What I had in mind was well-known, popular characters in well-loved looks, or really any toys that will do the heavy-lifting of selling a given wave. I'd much rather see Dust or Destiny show up in a wave than first-appearance Storm, but there's no denying that Storm fits that criteria better than either of those others.

I know Rogue wore the green and white hooded costume in her early appearances, and in the late 90's, but if she hasn't worn it since is it important?

Given the price-tag the 90s Rogue commands, I'd think any version of her wearing green would probably fit the bill. 90s Rogue is more likely to be people's nostalgia trigger, but a lot of people who missed that figure would probably buy a figure of her in any green costume as a "next best thing" purchase.

The comics seem so transient these days. TB made a Rogue in the X-Treme X-Men outfit, but how long did that look last? They've made a few of the black and silver X-Force characters as repaints. What kind of heavy hitters are those? Is it a modern look that has persisted? Is it on the scale of Colossus' shirtless Outback look?

X-Treme Rogue was definitely a weird choice. X-Treme X-Men ran for four years, and definitely stands out to me as a notable period in X-history, serving as the tail-end of Claremont's return to the X-Men. As a single figure, absent the rest of the team, and especially of a character with such a heavy colour association that wasn't represented by that outfit, it was a weird choice, but not because its storyline was too obscure or anything.

The black and gray X-Force outfits were worn by Wolverine, Archangel, Warpath, Wolfsbane, X-23, and a few others for three years in X-Force and then by Wolverine, Archangel, Psylocke, Deadpool, Fantomex, and a few others for three more years in Uncanny X-Force. It's one of the more noteable periods in recent X-Men history, especially as Remender's Uncanny X-Force is one of the best X-Men runs of all time.

As for the comics being transient--or somehow worse--now, I hear that a lot, but it only seems true to me to a small degree. Nostalgia paints people's perceptions. Comic quality has always been inconsistent, and comic characters have always had their costumes updated over and over again. We're definitely in a period where comics are more mainstream than they've ever been, and Marvel seems to have become obsessed with giving each new story arc a brand new title and numbering, but the constant reboots are largely superficial.