Black Widow Ideal Wave

tarot

Okay, guys. Black Widow is the next movie in the line so that means we are getting a wave based on her. and While I would make an ideal wave on my own site, I thought I would leave it up to you and use your ideas to build the wave. After I get enough ideas I will use them to create the Ideal wave and post it on my site.

However, I have some rules I want people to abide by.

• 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
  • Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case Black Widow
  • 1 or 2 Female per wave.
  • 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
  • 1 or 2 brand new characters that has never been done before
  • 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
  • Each wave most have a Theme ie Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However there is no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme

The Theme for this wave: Russian heroes and Villains.

Here is what I was thinking of so far, mostly comic based figures:

1. MCU Black Widow (Obvious)
  2. MCU Taskmaster (Obvious)
  3. Comic Ronin -You may think this is an odd choice but not only has Ronin been Hawkeye and Echo but he has also been Natasha's ex-husband. so I think make this updated comic version with 3 heads (Hawkeye, Echo and Alexsi.
  4. Darkstar -not only is she a classic Russian character but she was also a team member of the Champions team that Black Widow lead. Perfect choice
  5. Crimson Dynamo VIII - Obvious choice. The classic Crimson Dynamo design.
  6. Anton Vanko's Whiplash - I know many would want the classic version but I really like this design
  7. BAF: Ursa Major - Yes I want to build a giant bear. Why? Well not only do we get another member of the Winter Guard (and a requested on) but in a future Spidey wave, they could include a second head for this and give us Grizzly.

1. Natasha Romanoff MCU (title character, obvious)

2. Yelena Belova MCU (title character 2, again)

3. Red Guardian MCU (We already have a comic RG)

4. Taskmaster/Iron Maiden MCU 

5.  Comic Winter Soldier

6 Justin Hammer MCU (I really want a Sam Rockwell ML)

BAF Ursa Major. I knew NOTHING about the character, looked him up after @tarot mentioned him and now my collection feels empty without him.

I don't kmow enough about Black Widow to meaningfully contribute here, but I was gonna suggest that Darkstar seemed like an obvious fit. There's plenty of Magik and Colossus costumes left (not to mention maybe a Mikhail), if all we care about is getting some Russians in here, though!

I’ll hop on board with a lot of other people’s ideas...

1. MCU Black Widow (Romanoff)

2.  MCU Black Widow (Belova)

3.  MCU Taskmaster

4.  MCU Red Guardian

5.  Comic Crimson Dynamo

6.  Comic Darkstar

7. Comic Winter Soldier (long hair and short hair portraits; swappable left arm with Soviet Star and Captain America star; removable chest rig from post “Fear Itself” Solo series, new Druganov sniper rifle)

8.  BAF Ursa Major

Target 2-Pack

-  “Endgame” Black Widow (Black costume) and Hawkeye (Ronin with new lower arms, Quantum Suit head and quiver)

Anywhere But Walmart exclusive

-  Iron Man 2 SHIELD uniform Agent Romanoff 

1. MCU Black Widow w/ alternate Civil War head sculpt

2. MCU Taskmaster

3. MCU Yelena Belova

4. Crimson Dynamo (comics)

5. Darkstar (comics)

6. Black Widow (comics) Ideally this would be a kit bash of the original 2 pack upper torso, with modern arms, modern lower torso, and modern legs.  As unlikely as I think this would be to happen, due to the nature of that 2 pack figure's upper torso, it would be idea.  Throw in those awesome paint apps from the 2 pack figure and a definitive comic head sculpt with the same care as Scarlet Witch or the upcoming Jean Grey, and we would never need another Black Widow.

BAF: Titanium Man (comics)

1 hour ago, BradMan said:

I’ll hop on board with a lot of other people’s ideas...

1. MCU Black Widow (Romanoff)

2.  MCU Black Widow (Belova)

3.  MCU Taskmaster

4.  MCU Red Guardian

5.  Comic Crimson Dynamo

6.  Comic Darkstar

7. Comic Winter Soldier (long hair and short hair portraits; swappable left arm with Soviet Star and Captain America star; removable chest rig from post “Fear Itself” Solo series, new Druganov sniper rifle)

8.  BAF Ursa Major

This is pretty much the list I was thinking but with a Change

MCU Black Widow

MCU Black Widow (Belova)

MCU Task Master

MCU Red Guardian

Viper/Madame Hydra

Black Lotus

Gray Suit Black Widow (No BAF Peice)

BAF : Ursa Major

1. MCU Black Widow - With Yelena swap head cuz I really get the feel it's gonna be one of those clone vs clone type movies and they're pretty much gonna wear the same outfit. Not that it's gonna be bad.

2. MCU Red Guardian - not sure if he's gonna be an ally or baddie. If he's an ally he'll get a fig. If he's a baddie....well you know how Hasbro is about putting them out. Say hello to a MCU 20 years release.

3. MCU Taskmaster - I'd hope this is the case but if he's a major baddie being set up for several movies he might miss the cut to be used for future waves. Plus see above.

4. Comic Crimson Dynamo - I really like this choice. He's a fan fave that's been needing redoing for years. Best chance of getting him in is here. I think Vanko Sr. will have a part in this movie. While not outright building a high tech suit, he may have a part in arming Taskmaster

5. Comic Winter Soldier - I can't argue with any of @tarotlogic on this. It's long overdue and if they can make it as good as the MU version it would be awesome.

6. Comic Maria Hill/Sharon Carter - Love the whole concept from the 2 pack many years ago. She'll most likely be in the movie and probably play a big part in getting Natasha on their side and into SHIELD.

BAF: Titanium Man - Toybiz failed to do this one and at a time where it was more economically feasible. Hasbro has gotta do this. Ursula Major would also be very cool. I've wanted them to do some figures based on the Winter Guard for so long.

I know @tarotsaid to keep it to 6 figures but I just wanna provide a few alternates that might displace any of these figures or maybe if Hasbro goes the Captain Marvel wave route and do an unexpected 7th figure to squeeze a little more MCU into the mix.

Alt. 1 - Updated MCU Nick Fury - I know we've gotten a few Fury's in the past but that was on the old scrawny Trench Coat Buck and the scanning tech has gotten so much better I wouldn't be all that upset if they did get him in.

Alt. 2 - Comic Black Widow - The Captain Marvel wave showed us they weren't afraid to do 2 of the same character in a wave (or 4 for total for the movie). Of course she would come with an alternate head sculpt like the old 2 pack version, but we do need her classic grey body suit.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

5. Comic Winter Soldier - I can't argue with any of @tarotlogic on this. It's long overdue and if they can make it as good as the MU version it would be awesome.

I was wondering what you meant by this, then I realise you meant Vanko's Whiplash, not Winter Soldier.

Also 6 is the minimum figure you can select for the wave. you can select up to 8 regular figure and the baf.

4  MCU based characters- BW/TM & Red Guardian, Belova

classic 80s Titanium man from "Armor wars"

Vanguard

Darkstar

classic comic based BAF of either 70s/80s Titanium man 9' scale or BAF of 8' scale Ursa Major

This would be a great wave to knock out comic versions of the core members of the Winter guard

13 hours ago, tarot said:

I was wondering what you meant by this, then I realise you meant Vanko's Whiplash, not Winter Soldier.

Also 6 is the minimum figure you can select for the wave. you can select up to 8 regular figure and the baf.

Lol. No, I it was actually for Comic Winter Soldier. I meant to credit @memocromaticofor it but got distracted and had to finish my post at a later time. I don't think MU ever did a Whiplash, but I wouldn't complain it they did one in ML. It's just one part of the Iron Man rogues galleries that I would be all to happy to have, yet wouldn't be at all surprised it Hasbro never got around to doing among other things. I am surprised that the MCU version was never done though, due to the fact that Iron Man 2 is largely considered my many to be the best Iron Man movie. I know that wave was done at a time just before ML reached the standardized size and quality that it is today, but I think one could argue that it shoulda made it into the 10 years wave along with the other passed over villains. Maybe Mickey Rourke was in rehab or prison or bombed out in some Hollywood harem with a buncha groupie junkies and couldn't get fee to sit for a scanning. Probably the best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Lol. No, I it was actually for Comic Winter Soldier. I meant to credit @memocromaticofor it but got distracted and had to finish my post at a later time. I don't think MU ever did a Whiplash, but I wouldn't complain it they did one in ML. It's just one part of the Iron Man rogues galleries that I would be all to happy to have, yet wouldn't be at all surprised it Hasbro never got around to doing among other things. I am surprised that the MCU version was never done though, due to the fact that Iron Man 2 is largely considered my many to be the best Iron Man movie. I know that wave was done at a time just before ML reached the standardized size and quality that it is today, but I think one could argue that it shoulda made it into the 10 years wave along with the other passed over villains. Maybe Mickey Rourke was in rehab or prison or bombed out in some Hollywood harem with a buncha groupie junkies and couldn't get fee to sit for a scanning. Probably the best case scenario.

they did a vanko whiplash for the Iron Man 2 4inch line. 

41Aovd6gK2L._SX425_.jpg

1 hour ago, tarot said:

they did a vanko whiplash for the Iron Man 2 4inch line. 

41Aovd6gK2L._SX425_.jpg

Damn, missed that one, but I was a late comer to the MU line. I actually didn't start running them down till I was almost certain ML had been abandoned (which I honestly thing was Hasbro's intention). By the time I had located most of the ones I wanted (trying not to pay too much for the damn things) ML was back and MU literally disappeared overnight. This one totally slipped under my radar, I honestly didn't know it existed. That would be awesome as an ML figure.

50 minutes ago, FalcoBerigora said:

I don't know that I'd change much over most of these, except I feel like there might be a wave for the Falcon & Winter Soldier series where we could get comic Winter Soldier... 

That would make a bit more sense or maybe a Comic Winter Soldier and Falcon pack to tie in with the show

• 4 weeks later...

Prediction:

1.  MCU Black Widow (No BAF Piece)

2.  MCU Taskmaster

3.  MCU Red Guardian

4.  MCU Yelena Belova (If she's not just an alt-head with MCU Black Widow, above.  If so, then sub Comics Darkstar into this slot)

5.  Comic Crimson Dynamo

6.  Perun (Because they love throwing at least one WTF?!? Figure into every wave)

7.  Comic Winter Soldier  

BAF:  Ursa Major.  If that's too crazy then classic Titanium Man.

Target Exclusive:  Comic Yelena Belova

Included in a Retro wave next year:  Gray Costume/Short haired Black Widow

On a side note:  I'll be really surprised if every Disney+ series gets it's own wave.  I'd be more inclined to expect two packs/box sets or maybe even an entire "Disney +" subline (ala MCU 10th or Marvel 80th) a couple or three years from now when there's a nice backlog of characters to fill in from them.

7 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Prediction:

1.  MCU Black Widow (No BAF Piece)

2.  MCU Taskmaster

3.  MCU Red Guardian

4.  MCU Yelena Belova (If she's not just an alt-head with MCU Black Widow, above.  If so, then sub Comics Darkstar into this slot)

5.  Comic Crimson Dynamo

6.  Perun (Because they love throwing at least one WTF?!? Figure into every wave)

7.  Comic Winter Soldier  

BAF:  Ursa Major.  If that's too crazy then classic Titanium Man.

Target Exclusive:  Comic Yelena Belova

Included in a Retro wave next year:  Gray Costume/Short haired Black Widow

On a side note:  I'll be really surprised if every Disney+ series gets it's own wave.  I'd be more inclined to expect two packs/box sets or maybe even an entire "Disney +" subline (ala MCU 10th or Marvel 80th) a couple or three years from now when there's a nice backlog of characters to fill in from them.

as long as we get a MCU zemo!

• 3 weeks later...

1. Black Widow, classic black outfit, glossy: FIGURE BASED ON ROMITA LOOK  Widow's Bite effects

2. Black Widow, MCU "interrogation" black dress  (HEAD)

3. Viper /Madame Hydra ( R ARM)

4. Crimson Dynamo (L ARM)

5. Red Guardian (Tanya Belinski)/ Red Guardian MCU ( TORSO)

6. Nick Fury (suit/tie)  (LOWER TORSO)

7. Night Raven (yes, its a Marvel/UK thing)  (R LEG)

8. Yelena Belova (L LEG)

BAF: Titanium Man