The Mexico Unboxing Toy Convention Is This Weekend And More Marvel Legends Reveals Should Be On Tap

JayC

So i know some may still be digesting all the reveals from SDCC the other week but our next convention is upon us starting tomorrow with the Mexico Unboxing Convention.

The Hasbro Marvel panel takes place on Saturday at 3pm ET. New reveals I expect will happen then and likely we are talking only like 2-3 new figures shown off. We will have coverage of whatever new is shown so stay-tuned.

42 minutes ago, tarot said:

Is Shartimus doing the pics this year for us? I ask because he has posted several videos about going to this.

He might provide some but he's got his own table there doing autograph signings and selling shirts and such.

12 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

Do we have any rumors of what the new reveals could be? For SDCC many rumors came out to be true. I don't remember if there is still something to be confirmed.

The two remaining items on the list that leaked out a few months ago include some kind of variant Iron Man and War Machine figures. No idea what the Iron Man will be, the War Machine is likely going to be the Punisher War Machine version. Whether either of those are to be revealed this weekend or later on remains unknown. We still have plenty of conventions this year for Hasbro to show stuff off at.

19 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Wasn't last year's reveals Living Laser, Nighthawk and Kree Sentry BAF? Not necessarily the prettiest toys. I'd imagine this year's reveals would be in the vein of those characters.

I like the Living Laser, so I was happy with that reveal

The folks from Magios Initiative where nice enough to send us in images from day 1 of the Mexico Toy Unboxing Convention and the Hasbro Marvel Legends figures that were on display there.

Shown are all upcoming figures we previously saw 2 weeks ago at San Diego Comic Con with the new wave of Avengers: Endgame figures featuring the Bro Thor Build-A-Figure as well as the upcoming comic based Vulture, Shang-Chi and PS4 game versions of the Velocity Suit Spider-Man and Spider-Armor Mark III figures.

Tomorrow (8/3) is when we should be getting a few new figure reveals. At 3pm ET tomorrow Hasbro will be holding their Marvel brand team panel and we expect to see some new stuff shown off then, which of course we will be bringing you coverage of, so be sure to check back then.

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-01.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-02.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-03.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-04.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-05.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-06.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-07.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-08.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-09.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-10.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-11.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-12.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-13.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-14.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-15.jpg

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Maybe they will show off some Mexician characters like Rictor

I would bet dollars to donuts you just nailed that one. Hopefully an new Tarantula gets the call. I know he's not exactly Mexican, but he's definitely South American. You wanna really blow my mind, how 'bout a Masacre figure?

18 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

Do we have any rumors of what the new reveals could be? For SDCC many rumors came out to be true. I don't remember if there is still something to be confirmed.

Any truth to the rumor that Hasbro is doing the new Marvel Legends Batman figure, since DC just sold all Batman licenses to Marvel?   OK....JUST KIDDING.... but yeah would be interesting to see Mexican based characters displayed. Maybe new Falcon ( Joaquin Torres ) will make a showing...raised in Arizona, but technically from Mexico if I recall....

Frankly Id be very surprised if they did a figure of "new" Falcon, especially since they have so many others who are far better well known (and more popular). Not to mention, they haven't even done original Falcon yet. And, if we're thinking its going to be a Mexican hero, hope they don't use Arana/Spider-Girl as she's already been done.

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

I wish Shang chi would have come with a Gi. He looks naked without it. I guess they plan on making another one with the Gi if the movie does well. in the meantime the first figure will just catch cold in the winter.

They should (and, I think, will) do his classic look eventually. I'm gonna pass on this figure but think its solid, also I like the nunchucks!