The Mexico Unboxing Toy Convention Is This Weekend And More Marvel Legends Reveals Should Be On Tap

JayC

Just now, JayC said:

except they said during the panel this was it other than the BAF.

hence the bold and underline. LOL. More then likely the 2 spideys will be 2-per-case. So unless the baf is crap, this is looking to be an awesome wave. 2 spidey variant (one of which i asked for), 1 long sought after character, 1 remake, 1 request version of a character and my favourite, 1 really obscure character.

Just now, tarot said:

hence the bold and underline. LOL. More then likely the 2 spideys will be 2-per-case. So unless the baf is crap, this is looking to be an awesome wave. 2 spidey variant (one of which i asked for), 1 long sought after character, 1 remake, 1 request version of a character and my favourite, 1 really obscure character.

Im really curious what the BAF for this wave will be.

Just now, JayC said:

Im really curious what the BAF for this wave will be.

that the thing. most of Spidey's main gallery is done. Except for some fan favourites like Stegron or one of the Inheritors, there is nothing really left. Unless they are going the alternate universe route and give us something like Ultimate Rhino or PS4 rhino. But you know hasbro, they usually blow us out of the water.

My choice is Grizzly. 

Totally denied on the Mexican themed character. That's 2 years in a row. I know it's not written in stone that they have to follow a theme but last year it looked like the team was reaching reeeealllly far for characters from the country the con was being held in through the rest of the year. Regardless, it's still a typical Spidey wave. A couple of much requested characters, a dark horse, a few "ehhh maybe"s and a lot of Spidey. Not exactly a mind blower but fairly solid. I'm taking a shot in the dark here but I'm gonna predict we're gonna get some more love for the New Warriors and get a Rage BAF. Stiltman would be cool as well.

White Rabbit and Superior Octupus ??????? Pure garbage !!! I mean its getting more corny and  crappy I can see it now those figures will sit on the shelves collecting dust & will  be marked down to push it out . What a frikin waste .  So instead of a new and improved body mold , painted , articulation SUPERIOR SPIDERMAN , they put this trash out cmon this is ridiculus !!  first its squirel girl now white rabbit whats next Weasel Man ?  .  Well not wasting a penny on that crap .  We need new and improved  Superior Spiderman , Banshee , Daken , Lady Deathstryke , The Watcher , Hyperion , Sentry ,  & never before figures of  Mephisto ! , Mr Hyde , Blackout , Nightmare , The Molecule Man , Red Armored Dracula Lord of the Vampires , comic version of The Black Order , a new big thicker bulky All Father Odin ,  Yellow Jacket ( way passed due !!!) , Vengence , Blackheart , & the list goes on & on instead they come out with these ridiculus characters from disney land that will just fill shelves up and WONT sell just watch 

I've never heard of the Bunny character before. Looks like a nice figure and the face looks pretty too. Legends has been getting better at giving their female figures unique likenesses. It makes you wish they'd rerelease some of the older figures so we can get some newer versions done of them. The comic Captain Marvel would be a good figure to redo, but I know most people want newer figures not rehashed old ones. 

It's good to get another look at the mark 85 figure. I missed the Figuarts preorder (it sold out so fast!) so unless I can find one of those it'll be the Legends version for me. I think the Diamond Select usually seems very large compared to the rest of my 6" figures so that probably won't work. But when they first showed this at the breakfast at SDCC I thought it was just a reuse of the IW Iron Man suit, but I wasn't a big fan of that figure. Supposedly this figure is all new though and the more I see of it the more I like it. I preordered it from Walmart so hopefully the order goes through, I've heard some people had trouble with them. 
The rest of the wave looks cool too, and with the Bro-Thor as the BAF, it'll be hard to not try and get them all! 
We're going to have to get a winged horse as a "vehicle" set to go with the Valkyrie figure! 

32 minutes ago, superiorspidermanfan said:

White Rabbit and Superior Octupus ??????? Pure garbage !!! I mean its getting more corny and  crappy I can see it now those figures will sit on the shelves collecting dust & will  be marked down to push it out . What a frikin waste .  So instead of a new and improved body mold , painted , articulation SUPERIOR SPIDERMAN , they put this trash out cmon this is ridiculus !!  first its squirel girl now white rabbit whats next Weasel Man ?  .  Well not wasting a penny on that crap .  We need new and improved  Superior Spiderman , Banshee , Daken , Lady Deathstryke , The Watcher , Hyperion , Sentry ,  & never before figures of  Mephisto ! , Mr Hyde , Blackout , Nightmare , The Molecule Man , Red Armored Dracula Lord of the Vampires , comic version of The Black Order , a new big thicker bulky All Father Odin ,  Yellow Jacket ( way passed due !!!) , Vengence , Blackheart , & the list goes on & on instead they come out with these ridiculus characters from disney land that will just fill shelves up and WONT sell just watch 

To each his own, but honestly most of those figures are pretty unlikely candidates for a Spiderman wave.  Nevertheless there are a bunch i would get if hasbro made them - especially Watcher, Mr Hyde, Molecule man, Nightmare.  I can't see hasbro ever doing Mephisto and of course some of your characters are ones hasbro has already made and perhaps aren't a big enough deal to warrant a redo even if it's needed (Sentry, Hyperion, Odin)

I have seen White Rabbit on a lot of wish lists, believe it or not.  I remember her 1st appearance in Marvel Team -up but she's more of a novelty figure than a major spidey rogue (to say the least). I like her and will get her ,though

48 minutes ago, Heart_of_HRUNGNIR said:

I've never heard of the Bunny character before. Looks like a nice figure and the face looks pretty too. Legends has been getting better at giving their female figures unique likenesses. It makes you wish they'd rerelease some of the older figures so we can get some newer versions done of them. The comic Captain Marvel would be a good figure to redo, but I know most people want newer figures not rehashed old ones. 

"The comic Captain Marvel would be a good figure to redo, but I know most people want newer figures not rehashed old ones."

Really need to speak for yourself with that statement. The immense popularity of the 80th wave figs is proof that there is a huge fan base of classic comic fans out there buying "re-hashed" MLs, even hardcore MCU collectors are saying they're gonna buy the comic based 80th anniv waves.  Hasbro has re-hashed a ton of Toy Biz characters & they have blown away the previous 10-15 yr old versions. The articulation & sculpting today blows away what TB did as well as the aesthetics of the figures. There's a huge fanbase that has been wanting a classic Carol Danvers for yrs. I prefer the Warbird version of her myself & have her in my classic Avengers display. But a lot of fans want this version & instead they get a Rabbit girl.

ms-marvel.jpg

those 2 are awesome! those bare popable legs on the white rabbit alone has massive custom potential. also another use for the Emma frost heads we just got with the Walgreens exclusive. that is if i could find one in store. Hopefully that watch isn't molded in. be something Hasbro would do though. It does look like they used the typhoid marry body for it though so here's hopping.

The superior Ock is just awesome so happy to have that. are those bendy tentacles?

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

"The comic Captain Marvel would be a good figure to redo, but I know most people want newer figures not rehashed old ones."

Really need to speak for yourself with that statement. The immense popularity of the 80th wave figs is proof that there is a huge fan base of classic comic fans out there buying "re-hashed" MLs, even hardcore MCU collectors are saying they're gonna buy the comic based 80th anniv waves.  Hasbro has re-hashed a ton of Toy Biz characters & they have blown away the previous 10-15 yr old versions. The articulation & sculpting today blows away what TB did as well as the aesthetics of the figures. There's a huge fanbase that has been wanting a classic Carol Danvers for yrs. I prefer the Warbird version of her myself & have her in my classic Avengers display. But a lot of fans want this version & instead they get a Rabbit girl.

I had assumed they were talking about Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel. I mean the spectrum figures OK but I’d like an 80s version.

Im good with the Odin wave Captain Marvel, thought it was a decent figure altho the effect piece was kinda lame. I’m not sure I really need a redo. A new Ms marvel would be nice altho I never read many of her comics, I think I have one were she fought superskrull