The Mexico Unboxing Toy Convention Is This Weekend And More Marvel Legends Reveals Should Be On Tap

JayC

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Atlantis said:

Any truth to the rumor that Hasbro is doing the new Marvel Legends Batman figure, since DC just sold all Batman licenses to Marvel?   OK....JUST KIDDING.... but yeah would be interesting to see Mexican based characters displayed. Maybe new Falcon ( Joaquin Torres ) will make a showing...raised in Arizona, but technically from Mexico if I recall....

Holy crap,  I was just kidding about the Batman thing, and then they throw in a completely unexpected figure- White Rabbit- who was also a Batman villain ( I think Marvel's version came out 15-20 years earlier though!) and who saw THAT coming. Well....I barely remember this rather silly useless character, but I cant complain....after all,  I've been ragging on that they should use more obscure characters before they burn out on Wolverine/Iron Man/Deadpool/ Spider-Man variants. Anyone know what the BAF is for this wave?

On 8/4/2019 at 1:35 AM, leokearon said:

Both figures look great. I really wish Ock came with some possible tentacles instead of reusing the Doc Ock ones. Really wish the revealed the BAF just to complete the wave. Now we need Gibbon, Grizzly and the Bombastic Bagman (though Shang-Chi's body would work, if we had a Bagman head)

The tentacles are not the same as Dock Ock, they dont seem to have the bendy wires either though, but they are definetely diferent, I saw them myself, they are a lot thinner, just a tad thicker than Omega Red's tentalces, but not my much (theyll most likely have the same amount of articulation than dock ock's (they might rotate where they attach to the backpack, and it seems like the clamps will have a similar balljoint where you'll be able to rotate them and lightly swivel them) this is what I could tell from behind the glass of the case but again im just assuming from what I saw

3 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Grizzly could be the baf, along with White Rabbit, he’s one of those weirder spidey villains and will be easier to do using Sasquatch\Wendigo or even Beast body parts. 

CD887956-73D2-4B52-82A2-285E600969FC.jpeg

For me, this is already a weak enough wave that I could pass.  Maybe 1 or 2 figures to interest me....but a Grizzly BAF is not a selling point. On the other hand, if theyre scraping the bottom of the barrel with White Rabbit, why not this clown or even Gibbon....as you point out, they already have a good building block set up.

9 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

How do we get friggin White Rabbit BEFORE Arcade?!

I assume Arcade would be part of an X-men wave and i would guess he is lower on the priority list of x-villains compared to others Hasbro wants to make.  Hasbro has done versions of a lot of the more prominent spidey villains at this point so i think they are trying to balance the remaining ones (like classic vulture) with other more obscure ones that have nevertheless been on fan wish lists (White Rabbit).

They probably also assume they can sell more of the DP white suit sets in the meantime as customizers may attempt to use that body to make their own Arcade before hasbro makes an official version. Win-win for Hasbro!

I'm starting to like this wave more and more, Shang Chi is my top want(finally!), followed by Vulture. I like the looks of the Spidey Variants some cool designs there. White Rabbit is the kind of obscure, silly thing that I like to get in Marvel Legends even if I haven't read that many stories with the character. The moment I saw the first image of Superior Octopus I know he would make a cool looking figure and here we are, he's going with my Hydra figures. I'm curious as to who the BAF will be but so far this wave is not half bad for me. 

9 hours ago, newcollector24680 said:

C'mon, what kinda pose is that. Did they even try! He looks like he has no left arm and that there's nothing in the suit there. 

Stormbreaker and Dragonfang were bent AF... and now you complain about the lame posing? They're clearly not even trying.  I wish they'd pay ME to set up the display... 

39 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Stormbreaker and Dragonfang were bent AF... and now you complain about the lame posing? They're clearly not even trying.  I wish they'd pay ME to set up the display... 

I didn't even bother with the bent stuff since people have already touched on that before I got here. But yeah that's a much bigger issue than the posing.

8 minutes ago, newcollector24680 said:

I didn't even bother with the bent stuff since people have already touched on that before I got here. But yeah that's a much bigger issue than the posing.

I had hoped it was just from a weird framed photo, but I was there and Dragonfang in particular was AWFUL. None of the figures were posed to impress. It was underwhelming to say the least... 

7 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I had hoped it was just from a weird framed photo, but I was there and Dragonfang in particular was AWFUL. None of the figures were posed to impress. It was underwhelming to say the least... 

Which is suprising, because you would expect them to want to showcase the product as best as they could to make it more appealing to consumers. 

• 9 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, Atlantis said:

They should (and, I think, will) do his classic look eventually. I'm gonna pass on this figure but think its solid, also I like the nunchucks!

Ran into a set of Shang-Chi and although I was gonna pass, they were being sold for $19.00. I got one, its great, and I'll still get one once they do the classic outfit too!