JayC

The Mexico Unboxing Toy Convention Is This Weekend And More Marvel Legends Reveals Should Be On Tap

So i know some may still be digesting all the reveals from SDCC the other week but our next convention is upon us starting tomorrow with the Mexico Unboxing Convention.

The Hasbro Marvel panel takes place on Saturday at 3pm ET. New reveals I expect will happen then and likely we are talking only like 2-3 new figures shown off. We will have coverage of whatever new is shown so stay-tuned.

Is Shartimus doing the pics this year for us? I ask because he has posted several videos about going to this.

42 minutes ago, tarot said:

Is Shartimus doing the pics this year for us? I ask because he has posted several videos about going to this.

He might provide some but he's got his own table there doing autograph signings and selling shirts and such.

Do we have any rumors of what the new reveals could be? For SDCC many rumors came out to be true. I don't remember if there is still something to be confirmed.

12 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

Do we have any rumors of what the new reveals could be? For SDCC many rumors came out to be true. I don't remember if there is still something to be confirmed.

The two remaining items on the list that leaked out a few months ago include some kind of variant Iron Man and War Machine figures. No idea what the Iron Man will be, the War Machine is likely going to be the Punisher War Machine version. Whether either of those are to be revealed this weekend or later on remains unknown. We still have plenty of conventions this year for Hasbro to show stuff off at.

16 hours ago, JayC said:

He might provide some but he's got his own table there doing autograph signings and selling shirts and such.

And I'm getting to meet him. I'm so excited. 

Maybe they will show off some Mexician characters like Rictor

Wasn't last year's reveals Living Laser, Nighthawk and Kree Sentry BAF? Not necessarily the prettiest toys. I'd imagine this year's reveals would be in the vein of those characters.

19 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Wasn't last year's reveals Living Laser, Nighthawk and Kree Sentry BAF? Not necessarily the prettiest toys. I'd imagine this year's reveals would be in the vein of those characters.

I like the Living Laser, so I was happy with that reveal

11 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I like the Living Laser, so I was happy with that reveal

I don't know the living laser, but I really liked how the toy looks!!

42 minutes ago, leokearon said:

That would be a nice addition to the X-Force figures. Would also be cool if they started releasing Marauders, starting with another Mexican character reveal, Riptide. 

The folks from Magios Initiative where nice enough to send us in images from day 1 of the Mexico Toy Unboxing Convention and the Hasbro Marvel Legends figures that were on display there.

Shown are all upcoming figures we previously saw 2 weeks ago at San Diego Comic Con with the new wave of Avengers: Endgame figures featuring the Bro Thor Build-A-Figure as well as the upcoming comic based Vulture, Shang-Chi and PS4 game versions of the Velocity Suit Spider-Man and Spider-Armor Mark III figures.

Tomorrow (8/3) is when we should be getting a few new figure reveals. At 3pm ET tomorrow Hasbro will be holding their Marvel brand team panel and we expect to see some new stuff shown off then, which of course we will be bringing you coverage of, so be sure to check back then.

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-01.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-02.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-03.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-04.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-05.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-06.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-07.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-08.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-09.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-10.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-11.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-12.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-13.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-14.jpg

2019-Toy-Unboxing-Convention-Day-1-15.jpg

3 minutes ago, Batbishop said:

Why is stormbreaker so warped.

I think it's sculpted that way, maybe it's just perspective... then again look e how warped  Valkyrie's sword is.

19 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to watch a livestream of the panel tomorrow?

If all goes well you should be able to watch it here.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

I would bet dollars to donuts you just nailed that one. Hopefully an new Tarantula gets the call. I know he's not exactly Mexican, but he's definitely South American. You wanna really blow my mind, how 'bout a Masacre figure?

Lol they put vultures wings all wrong, but I think reveals are gonna be Spider-Man wave related. 

5 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Lol they put vultures wings all wrong, but I think reveals are gonna be Spider-Man wave related. 

That would be my guess given hiw empty that display looks

18 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

Any truth to the rumor that Hasbro is doing the new Marvel Legends Batman figure, since DC just sold all Batman licenses to Marvel?   OK....JUST KIDDING.... but yeah would be interesting to see Mexican based characters displayed. Maybe new Falcon ( Joaquin Torres ) will make a showing...raised in Arizona, but technically from Mexico if I recall....

I wish Shang chi would have come with a Gi. He looks naked without it. I guess they plan on making another one with the Gi if the movie does well. in the meantime the first figure will just catch cold in the winter.

Frankly Id be very surprised if they did a figure of "new" Falcon, especially since they have so many others who are far better well known (and more popular). Not to mention, they haven't even done original Falcon yet. And, if we're thinking its going to be a Mexican hero, hope they don't use Arana/Spider-Girl as she's already been done.

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

I wish Shang chi would have come with a Gi. He looks naked without it. I guess they plan on making another one with the Gi if the movie does well. in the meantime the first figure will just catch cold in the winter.

They should (and, I think, will) do his classic look eventually. I'm gonna pass on this figure but think its solid, also I like the nunchucks!