The Mexico Unboxing Toy Convention Is This Weekend And More Marvel Legends Reveals Should Be On Tap

JayC

Yeah we know all the figures in the Avengers wave and since the only thing else they seemed to have brought from SDCC is the Spider-Man figures it would make sense they are going to reveal more from that wave tomorrow. I am curious to see what the BAF for that is going to be??? I hope we see some more original New Warrior figures like perhaps Firestar.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

I been waiting for this figure for so long if I get a chance I will buy it, hate to take a chance on not being able to get another one and it might come in a two pack or something. Maybe I can get a Gi made for the figure.

I would imagine that Shang Chi will be getting at least 1 movie wave so Hasbro should make a classic comic Gi wearing Shang in that wave to go along with the shirtless version we're getting in the Spidey wave. Hopefully he also comes with forearm bracers to deflect shuriken's & bladed weapons. 

Shang Chi bracelets.jpg

Shang Chi issue 22.jpg

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I hope we see some more original New Warrior figures like perhaps Firestar.

Yes! I have been waiting so patiently for Hasbro to make the New Warriors. Just give me the characters and costumes from the first twenty-five issues. 

I'd love to see Marvel Boy with the full masked head plus a masked head with his hair exposed. We'll need Nova's red outfit from issue #1 and his blue/yellow costume. Speedball should come with some bubble effects too.

8 hours ago, monron999 said:

I would bet dollars to donuts you just nailed that one. Hopefully an new Tarantula gets the call. I know he's not exactly Mexican, but he's definitely South American. You wanna really blow my mind, how 'bout a Masacre figure?

Or speaking of South America; Sunspot 🙂

I'm going to make a prediction that we will be getting a character from X-Men 2099 revealed this weekend. My reasoning is Marvel recently added X-Men 2099 #1 to their free Marvel Comics app, and while they add new books all the time, my instincts tell me this addition is important. 

Last year when they revealed Nighthawk, issue #1 of the 1998 Nighthawk mini series was released on the marvel Comics app, and in my opinion X-Men 2099 is too random an issue to release without reason.

We'll find out tomorrow for sure though. Can't wait!

56 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Or speaking of South America; Sunspot 🙂

I think there's actually CCXP con in Brazil that Hasbro is supposed to be attending. I think if Sunspot is gonna make an appearance it'll probably be there. So between the Unboxing Con and the CCXP we have a good chance of getting either Rictor or Sunspot or (better yet) both, which would be music to the ears of my BFF @Benn. I'll be crossing my fingers as well.

11 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I m really excited for the old man Vulture, but that pose makes the wings look weird. Not as nice looking as how Saurons wings were like. 

I believe who ever put that figure in the display case attached the wings incorrectly 

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Frankly Id be very surprised if they did a figure of "new" Falcon, especially since they have so many others who are far better well known (and more popular). Not to mention, they haven't even done original Falcon yet. And, if we're thinking its going to be a Mexican hero, hope they don't use Arana/Spider-Girl as she's already been done.

Oh, i dunno, releasing a modern Falcon 1st then a classic Falcon later seems right out of Hasbro's playbook.  A lotta folks who might not be interested in modern Falcon might pick him up as a stand-in for Sam, altho the costumes are fairly different. Plus you know Hasbro's gonna wanna make as much use of those Vulture wings as possible. 

All that said, couple of Spidey reveals would be nice. 

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I believe who ever put that figure in the display case attached the wings incorrectly 

Between them constantly assembling some figures wrong, putting them in these awkward poses, displaying them with the wrong accessories and even pre-maturely displaying figures sometimes you gotta wonder who they have putting these figures in the display cases. Obviously not true fans. I'm thinking some intern or new hire straight outta school who's just doing his time in the ditches till he can land another gig.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Looking at some pics of the mansion display, we see some customs of what looks like 6-inch Sentinels. Could Hasbro be planning on doing some Prime Sentinels in the near future?

I hope not. I want 12-16' scaled DOFP classic John Byrne Sentinels. Much more bad  ass & intimidating! I'd get 6-9 of these & have 3 triads of Hunter/killer Sentinels.

Sentinels days-of-future-past.png

29 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

Exactly, for all the detail that went in on the sculpt and paint, you’d think the wings would take precedent as an important aspect of the character.

I think they just misplaced the wings rear and front parts location as they are just attachable to the arm ... the person should be fired though LOL