Which Juggernaut is the Definitive Juggernaut?

greenlucario

So I got the 80th anniversary Colossus/Juggernaut set like a lot of people on here and like most I got the set for Colossus, and man is he great, but then I got to going over Juggernaut and I realized how great the new deco and accessories are.  And it got me thinking, which one's better? I pulled the first Hasbro BAF off the shelf, put them side by side, posed them around and I still couldn't decide.  I like the original BAF, probably because it was the first, and the darker color scheme is a nice modern touch, but this new one's deco looks great too, and the helmeted head, is in my opinion superior to the previous one.  I wish we'd have gotten such a large/wide helmet on the original release.  Plus throw in the beat up Cain Marko head sculpt and pulverized helmet plus the alternate hands and this Juggernaut might be a sleeper in this 80th anniversary series. 

But what do you all think? For those that have it, which Juggernaut do you prefer, and why? And if you don't have it, I encourage you to get an in-hand look at it first, preferably side by side with the original, because before getting it in hand, I was ready to dismiss it outright as just another repaint.  

I have the Marvel Select Juggs, which is not as well-articulated and (debatably) oversized but I'm happy with him.  I do think the 2-pack version seems better than the BAF due to the accessories if nothing else, but with all the product hasbro is releasing, for financial reasons  i'm sticking with my select version for now, along with Warlock wave Colossus.

I do have the X3 Vinnie Jones Juggernaut figure too, but the less said about that, the better.

As much as I like the BAF version, I prefer the 80th Anniversary over it, I like the classic colors and that Helmet sculpt is by far an improvement , infact the only think that I liked more about the BAF juggs is the belt, although it's not hugely important the belt gives a bit more to the figure. The winner for me is the new 80th Anniversary Juggs though , hands down a fantastic figure indeed

I prefer the BAF. I like the wider helmet on the newer one, and obviously extra hands and heads are nice, but the added texture and darker colours on the original just look so much better. I also wish they had taken the opportunity, with the 80th version, to make the non battle-damaged head and helmet detachable from one another. That way the two heads and two helmets could have been used in a variety of configurations. The new Colossus is damn-near perfect, though. I just would've preferred a darker metal, like the Warlock-wave version.

1 minute ago, RyanDaly said:

I assume I'm in the minority here, but am I the only one who thinks Juggernaut is comically oversized? 

Which one? ML, Select, all of them? Or just the character in general?

3 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Which one? ML, Select, all of them? Or just the character in general?

I was referring to the Marvel Legends, both the BAF and 80th anniversary versions. I know in some comics the artist has taken a more stylized approach to the character making him inhumanly large, but I tend to picture him from the '70s and '80s comics. In my mind, I guess, he's comparable to the size of the Walgreens exclusive Thing; he shouldn't be bigger than the Hulk or the Abomination.

5 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I was referring to the Marvel Legends, both the BAF and 80th anniversary versions. I know in some comics the artist has taken a more stylized approach to the character making him inhumanly large, but I tend to picture him from the '70s and '80s comics. In my mind, I guess, he's comparable to the size of the Walgreens exclusive Thing; he shouldn't be bigger than the Hulk or the Abomination.

I mean, you're not wrong. But I enjoy him being such a large figure because he helps me set up a display with several X-Men fighting just one villain, since I don't have that many. 

I havent gotten the 80th anniversary figure yet but he looks better in my opinion (I still like the Marvel select one better), but still from the 2 marvel legends figures the 80th version looks better (my only complain is its missing a belt (it doesnt have to have the big black belt the baf had) but in the original design and the Marvel Select sculpt he at least had a small ridge for the belt, IMO it would make the figure look a bit better (the lack of belt looks weird to me)

Marvel Select Juggernaut was my shelf's Juggernaut. Was never a fan of the BAF Juggernaut. I absolutely detest that head and am not a fan of the symmetrical hands. So glad I picked up the 80 Years two-pack as both Juggernaut and Colossus are great.

So I would have to go with Juggernaut from the two-pack. I do pose him with the Cain Marko head with the battle-damaged helmet.

20 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah it is definitely too large for a classic Juggernaut, especially the one that the box art depicts.  I don't know how he scales to the 80th Anniversary Hulk, but he's definitely larger than the BAF Abomination, though I always felt that figure was too short.  I don't really mind the size, because I think it strikes a good middle ground between the truly insane proportions of some artists and the classic depictions of 60s and 70s X-Men.  The figure seems to scale well with Colossus and the old ToyBiz Abomination and Faceoff Hulk, which helps too.

10 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

I don't understand the beat up head sculpt. Juggernaut is invulnerable. How can he get beat up?

There's an ol saying, "No matter how tough you think you are, there's always somebody out there tougher than you"

There are plenty of beings in the MU that can wax Juggs. Silver Surfer & the rest of Galactus's heralds, Gladiator, Phoenix, Thor, Hulk & Thanos (w/o Gauntlet) come to mind

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

There's an ol saying, "No matter how tough you think you are, there's always somebody out there tougher than you"

There are plenty of beings in the MU that can wax Juggs. Silver Surfer & the rest of Galactus's heralds, Gladiator, Phoenix, Thor, Hulk & Thanos (w/o Gauntlet) come to mind

Yeah they can toss him into the middle of the Atlantic or drop a mesa on him but they can't physically hurt him. Only if his powers were turned off or diminished can he be physically hurt by anything that isn't a cosmic being on par with Cyttorak.