Age Of Apocalypse Must-Haves

Squigiman

Hey,

Just wondering, with the recently announced wave/s for the AoA, based on my personal all-time favorite comic storyline, what people view as the must-have characters to be made.  Pretty cool to be getting the spot on Weapon X, though I truly hope he doesn't only have the stub with claws always popped, as that was a one-off thing, from what I remember.  Otherwise, so psyched for both X-Man and Morph.  I remember getting the Most Wanted X-Man, back in the 5" days, but he never felt quite right, especially in the hairdo execution, so getting him in Legends is a long-awaited correction.  It would be nice if he didn't only have an always powered on eye, so an alternate head would work, but it's not the worst case scenario.  Otherwise, Morph is great, too.  A very toyetic design.  Hopefully, it might also mean we can get his cartoon counterpart, soon, to truly finish that lineup, maybe even with a calm Beast head as one of the alternates, but that could also work with the regular Beast figure.

Anyway, beside that, I feel the titular baddie is the prime BAF candidate, and you've got to have his heroic counterpart, Magneto, which would be a very easy do-over, as his costume is pretty much the same, with just a different head/helmet, with the long hair with braids, and maybe a helmet that's darkened, like the Onslaught one from Kitty Pryde, as he was sometimes depicted with his face hidden.  Otherwise, with him should come his partner (were they married?), Rogue, as she co-led the X-Men.  Cyclops, while mostly more toward the villainous side in that arc, had a cool design and would make for a good toy, as well.  Of course, with Weapon X, we should get HIS partner, Jean.  Gambit looked cool and led his own team in that reality, so I could see him getting a spot, and though we're just getting a main reality redo, Sinister would be nice, giving us a Horseman, to serve Big A.  If we get two waves, at least, I would hope to add to the proper AoA X-Men lineups, with Iceman and his cool, spiky look, with the pointed chin, but would also like to fill out the rest, with Storm, Quicksilver, Banshee, Dazzler, Exodus, Wild Child, etc.

What do you think?  For reference, I am also including an image all of the characters that were covered in one form or another, back in the 5" days of Toy Biz.

-Zach

Old Toy Biz Age Of Apocalypse Figures.jpg

What I want most is Colossus, Shadowcat, and the cast of Factor X, especially Cyclops, Havok, and Beast. Factor X and Generation Next were always my favourite books from this storyline. I'd also love to see Magneto, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Forge, the Madri, Sugar Man, and Holocaust.

Around 2005ish I all of a sudden had an urge to read the AoA story but I never did get all the books back in the day. So I went to the nearest comic book store and asked for AoA and I was pointed not to back issues but to the new releases shelf. I hadn't even realized that it was ten years later nor did I know that they were revisiting AoA for the anniversary. It was quite the pleasant surprise. 

So we have Blink so far with Weapon-X, X-Man and Morph coming up. Apocalypse is a must. The Horsemen would be great. Overall though, I think the ones that look the most different than their 616 counterparts should be made first. Then start doing the ones that look most like their original versions so that the rest of their waves can be taken up by obscure 616 characters to fill them out. So you can have familiar faces even though they're the AoA versions with unfamiliar figures. 

I would really be pleased with any of these characters, I loved AOA when I was a kid, still have tons of the comics from the days the dropped, I really however have a huge love from Generation Next (as at the time I was huge on Generation X) I would mainly love Shadowcat & Husk (two of my favs from AOA) , but of course Jean, Rogue, Dark Beast, Holocaust, Omega Red (loved how he was blue), Jubilee, Death Bird and Lila

Frankly, I'll take ANY AoA merch that gets made.
If I had my way, waves organised by book would be cool:

Astonishing X-Men: Rogue, Sabretooth, Wildchild, AoA Blink (with the right hair and collar), Sunfire 
BAF: Holocaust

Amazing X-Men: Magneto, Bishop, Iceman, Dazzler, Exodus , Banshee, Storm, Abyss
BAF: Apocalypse

Gambit & the Externals:Gambit, Jubilee, Sunspot, Lila Cheney, Rictor
BAF: Guido

Generation Next: Shadowcat, Colossus, Husk, Chamber, Skin,Vincent
BAF: SugarMan

Factor XCyclops, Havok, Polaris, Northstar, Aurora, Angel
BAF: Dark Beast

X-Calibre: Nightcrawler, Mystique, Dead Man Wade, Damask, Switchback
BAF: Mikhail

Weapon X: Weapon X, Jean Grey, Moira McTaggett (with alt heads for Mariko & Frost), Infinite
BAF: Sentinel 

X-Man: X-Man, Forge, Domino, Rosovich, Grizzly, Sonique
BAF: Sinister

Realistically, we'd be lucky if the first two waves got made. I guess they're the most likely though.

I made a topic on this a couple weeks ago, here are my picks for what I'd like to see (I went for 3 whole waves, even though I dont think more than 2 waves will happen) but I think at least 3 waves would suffice to get enough of the most important characters.

If its just what figures need to happen (aside frome the 3 already shown) Ill have to go with Magneto, Cyclops, Jean and Rogue and an Apocalypse BAF (Id rather have a Nemesis/Holocaust new baf, but it is Age of APOCALYPSE after all)

Since 616 Magneto and AOA Magneto share similar costumes I wouldn't be surprised if the Magneto from the "Family Matters" 3-pack will get rereleased in this wave with those two 616 heads and a third AOA head with the longer-braided hairstyle. No BAF part. He can be double-packed along with Weapon X.

Probably won't be a popular opinion but since I never got the 3-pack, I would welcome it.