FA X-Men Do-Over Likelihood?

Squigiman

Hey,

I know that Hasbro has even redone ones that they have made, including ones in the not-too-distant past (Jean Grey jumps to mind, but also someone like Emma Frost.  I guess Scott's lovers have a pattern.), so I was wondering what people thought about this.  I mean, I doubt we'd ever get a box set do-over of a box set, but I surely can't be the only one who was pretty let down by the final product of the TRU Original X-Men box set, right?  I mean, I wanted this team forever, basically since a comic-based, all-encompassing, 6" scale Marvel figure line was started.  When they finally came out, they based them more on the recent Immonen art for the time-displaced team in the Bendis All-New run, rather than the original Kirby style that those were, in turn, based on.

Even so, why they went with raised lines on each head, like tiny mohawks, to represent the drawn seams on the costumes, I have no idea.  I think the seams should have been completely ignored.  Not only that, the simply using paint to delineate between blue and yellow parts of the costume, separated by straight vertical lines, left much to be desired.  Toss in Beast's lack of wrist articulation, Angel's wonky facial painting and odd single wing combo thing across his back, and Iceman lacking the snowy look and galoshes, and the ball was pretty well dropped.  I guess Jean came out the best, with the least wrong with her, but still, there is room for improvement all around.  Even if released as single carded figures, even across multiple waves, I would be so happy to see the team that started it all for Marvel's mighty mutants get another shot at plastic glory.  How about you?  Is it something you'd want?  Do you think Hasbro could see it being worth doing?

-Zach

Just now, Benn said:

It feels like a longshot to me. I wouldn't turn any of them down (especially Iceman), but that's not an especially fondly-remembered or visually-striking X-Men era, so I'd imagine it's pretty low on the ML team's priority list.

Really, even as the original team, and with Kirby designs/art involved?  I thought first appearances are kind of something people dig quite a bit.

-Zach

They definitely often are! I think for a lot of people, though (myself included), the X-Men were truly born as a franchise when they were rebooted in the 70s. I'm trying to get my hands on the All-New X-Men box set because I'm a completionist, but it's not an era that really evokes much for me. Maybe I'm misreading the situation for X-Men fans at large, but I'd be surprised to see Hasbro dedicate much attention to those particular looks.

I’m with you in that, while I don’t have it, I was not impressed with the box set from what I’ve seen. I could see them slowly rereleasing FA original X-men slowly over the course of a few waves. I haven’t read much of the original’s adventures outside the Neal Adams issues (in which they had different costumes ) so I can’t say it would be a big priority for me personally, but I could see hasbro doing it as they love to get collectors hooked on building teams. Cyclops & Beast would sell pretty well I think. While I think most would prefer a modem angel I bet if they did FA first a lot of folks would get him as a stand-in. People are complaining about the new Iceman so I suspect they would be on board with a redo altho not if it’s the snowman look.

it would certainly be a nice thing if they'd re-do the FA X-Men because that box-set was pretty phoned in , and doesn't look that great and never did, but as I believe alot of people are saying, none of those looks for the X-Men were very exciting or stand out (which is why they all came in a box I believe in the first place), but who knows I'm sure somewhere down the road maybe a Marvel girl could happen at least