Larger Build-A-Figures

komododragin

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm not sure if this has come up before, but is there any restriction to the size of a wave? Does Hasbro have to limit it to six or seven figures per?

What about, instead of splitting a BAF across multiple waves, you just increase the wave to ten characters or however many you need to get a bigger BAF?

While there isn't a set rule about wave sizes, six to seven seems to be the golden number. Also increasing the wave size is just going to make the current trying to complete BAFs problem even worse

18 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Sasquatch should have been exactly 10' tall. That the new classic 80th anniv Hulk is the same hgt as him is unsat. Hulk should have been scaled at around the 7-.7.5'

scale, so when posed next to a 10' tall Sasquatch it would have reflected the accurate size disparity between em. I give much props to Hasbro 90% of the time but when it comes to their big characters or BAF, they are screwing up big time.

My list of characters they jacked up the scale on & did either too big or too small:

Sasquatch-10 footer in the comics, 8' scale as a figure

Thanos-originally 6'7, now an 8+ footer

Beast-he's 5'11, Jim Lee version is just oversized compared to how he looked prior to JL drawing him. Byrne ,Perez & many other artists drew him in his proper 5'11 hgt

Thing- he's 6ft, no idea how he's almost Hulk sized now

Hulk- 7ft, miraculously has shot up to 8ft+ in the past 15yrs or so. 7.5' tops

Juggs 6'10 originally, no idea how he shot up to 8+ft, should be 7.5 scale at most

Abomination-Originally 6'8, now also 8+ft should be, 7' scale tops

Rhino-originally 6-5, now an 8 footer

Entire wrecking crew- all oversized/outta scale & on an outdated 2010 T-bird buck that has awful POA. Need to be re-done on the Hercules/80th anniv Thor bucks.

Had Hasbro scaled Sasquatch at his correct 10' scale, many of the other large figs such as Hulk/Juggs would look in proper scale with him, now due to scaling him at 8', Sasquatch looks undersized.

Totally agree on all points, especially about how the Sasquatch BAF was undersized. He should tower over Hulk and Juggernaut, but the Sasqutch BAF is smaller than the new Hulk and Juggs figures, in mass.

Sasquatch was one of my favorite characters as evidenced by my username. I've brought up the undersized issue before, but others didn't seem to appreciate it and felt I was needlessly complaining, because I think they did not appreciate Sasquatch's size as they were surprised by the size disparity when I posted some classic images of these characters together. Anyway, I was hesitant to bring it up again, but I will happily jump on board with your message. 🙂

I remember all the characters at the heights you described. But I'm a fan of the classic characters. Since then, apparently Juggernaut has been upsized to the height of Sasquatch, and Hulk is also depicted big as a house. I also feel that Wendigo should be slightly smaller than Sasquatch and for this reason, I prefer the old Wendigo figure, not just for scale but also appearance.

I keep hoping Marvel Select could release a Sasquatch at the proper size. The Select Groot is 10" tall and that is what Sasquatch should be. But they always say they have no plans to make Sasquatch whenever someone asks them on their blog.

I also agree about all of the Wrecking Crew being too big. Those were on an older sculpt with the weird ball thigh joints, so maybe Hasbro can release those figures again with updated sculpts. Warpath was on that buck too, but I think he's properly sized.

And I also agree about the new Beast being too big.

One size discrepancy I don't really mind is the new Thor. He shouldn't be that big, and should be only a few inches taller than Cap, but I don't mind it because he is a powerful character so his size should convey that IMO.

80th anniv Thor is in perfect scale now! All the previous modern comic Thor figures were too large & outta scale, that's why I never bought any, had they been in scale, I woulda snagged them. A lot of people are not that familiar with Alpha Flight, let alone Sasquatch so they seem to not realize he's pretty much the tallest superhero in the MU at 10ft tall, not including cosmic or god like characters.  He towers over all other marvel characters & Hasbro should have sculpted him to show that size disparity but didn't. I would happily re-buy him if Hasbro makes him again at his correct 10' hgt either as a deluxe figure, 80th anniv wave or better yet, an AF box set with a new better articulated Puck with normal sized head sculpt as the previous one was pea sized.

Alpha-Flight. group pic.jpg

Alpha Flight 2017.jpg

Yeah, I would definitely buy another Sasquatch if Hasbro or anyone else like Diamond Select made him again in the right scale at 10" tall. But I assume the chances of Hasbro remaking him are slim because as you said, he's not a major character and they just released the BAF pretty recently. I'm glad we got a Guardian and hope for Shaman next. The Hulkbuster BAF was almost 10" tall so that's some evidence that a 10" Sasquatch could be packaged as a BAF.

I was talking about the 80th Anniversary Thor, which I thought was too big like the other Hasbro versions of modern Thor. I don't have the 80th version in hand yet (it should be delivered tomorrow though!), but based on photos I saw, I thought he was like a head taller than Cap, which would put him well over 7 feet tall and almost the size of Colossus, just like the other Thors.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

But now after your comment, I looked around and I'm seeing other photos that shows maybe he's not quite as tall as I thought. Like this one:

spacer.png

Either way, I'm okay with a properly-sized Thor or an oversized Thor because I feel he should appear mighty and imposing!

Just sell extra-large figures separately, as they did with the recent re-release of the marvel universe Sentinel.  The Hulk set seems to be selling reasonably well so  i think people are willing to shell out extra money for a BAF sized figure, depending on the character.. so i think people would pay even more for a bigger figure (again, depending on who the character is). 

Although i think the notion that hasbro is going to re-do figures they made recently because the scale isn't quite accurate seems pretty dubious - i don't see us getting a new re-sized Sasquatch,  comic Thanos,  Beast,   Abomination, Thing, or comic Hulk anytime soon. The Wrecking crew (aside from Bulldozer) might be a different story since those figures look outdated next to more recent hasbro offerings.

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Yeah, I would definitely buy another Sasquatch if Hasbro or anyone else like Diamond Select made him again in the right scale at 10" tall. But I assume the chances of Hasbro remaking him are slim because as you said, he's not a major character and they just released the BAF pretty recently. I'm glad we got a Guardian and hope for Shaman next. The Hulkbuster BAF was almost 10" tall so that's some evidence that a 10" Sasquatch could be packaged as a BAF.

I was talking about the 80th Anniversary Thor, which I thought was too big like the other Hasbro versions of modern Thor. I don't have the 80th version in hand yet (it should be delivered tomorrow though!), but based on photos I saw, I thought he was like a head taller than Cap, which would put him well over 7 feet tall and almost the size of Colossus, just like the other Thors.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

But now after your comment, I looked around and I'm seeing other photos that shows maybe he's not quite as tall as I thought. Like this one:

spacer.png

Either way, I'm okay with a properly-sized Thor or an oversized Thor because I feel he should appear mighty and imposing!

Here's pics I took of Thor face to face with his fellow Avengers, he is at most , half a head taller than some & less than that with others. He is not a full head taller than any of them except most of the female Avengers & that is legit as most are under 6ft tall in the comics, more like in the 5'5-5'10 range. He is in perfect scale that reflects his 6'6 hgt in the comics

DSCF8294.JPG

DSCF8296.JPG

DSCF8305.JPG

DSCF8306.JPG

9 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

i don't see us getting a new re-sized Sasquatch,  comic Thanos,  Beast,   Abomination, Thing, or comic Hulk anytime soon.

I know lots of collectors consider the new Jim Lee-style Beast the best figure of the year, which bums me out because I'm sitting over here in the corner waiting for a smaller, darker version to go with my Avengers that I know isn't going to get made anytime in the next couple years. *sad emoji*

Avengers_Vol_1_143.jpg

32 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I know lots of collectors consider the new Jim Lee-style Beast the best figure of the year, which bums me out because I'm sitting over here in the corner waiting for a smaller, darker version to go with my Avengers that I know isn't going to get made anytime in the next couple years. *sad emoji*

Avengers_Vol_1_143.jpg

I think if the jackal body was a bit bigger it would've worked as a base for Perez beast, but jackal just seems to small. But i agree the new version is a great figure but it is too big and feral in expression to make a great stand-in for the perez depiction of him.

10 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Here's pics I took of Thor face to face with his fellow Avengers, he is at most , half a head taller than some & less than that with others. He is not a full head taller than any of them except most of the female Avengers & that is legit as most are under 6ft tall in the comics, more like in the 5'5-5'10 range. He is in perfect scale that reflects his 6'6 hgt in the comics

DSCF8294.JPG

DSCF8296.JPG

DSCF8305.JPG

DSCF8306.JPG

Thanks for the comparison shots. I just got mine today in the mail! So I no longer have to rely on internet photos. I agree he is properly sized.

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Avengers_Vol_1_143.jpg

13 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Just sell extra-large figures separately, as they did with the recent re-release of the marvel universe Sentinel.  The Hulk set seems to be selling reasonably well so  i think people are willing to shell out extra money for a BAF sized figure, depending on the character.. so i think people would pay even more for a bigger figure (again, depending on who the character is). 

Although i think the notion that hasbro is going to re-do figures they made recently because the scale isn't quite accurate seems pretty dubious - i don't see us getting a new re-sized Sasquatch,  comic Thanos,  Beast,   Abomination, Thing, or comic Hulk anytime soon. The Wrecking crew (aside from Bulldozer) might be a different story since those figures look outdated next to more recent hasbro offerings.

The new Beast is great, but too big. They obviously knew he would be compared with the much celebrated Toybiz Beast who was also too big so they made him similarly sized, I think. I also have the non-hairy human Beast from the TRU X-Men box set. I think that's a pretty good size.

I agree that it's doubtful we'll get the same characters redone to proper scale so soon. But I am pretty surprised that the Hasbro people seem to read toy sites like this and respond to what fans want. They've even admitted to it in some interviews. So I guess, keep posting about it and maybe it'll happen. They've given me almost all my most-wanted figures recently (comic Hulk, classic Colossus, classic Thor, Beast). They even fixed the pretty minor quibble most people had with Cap's head being too fat, and he was only released a few years ago. So you never know.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, bashpics99 said:

Abomination would be great

On 8/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, bashpics99 said:

They are doing again with the CW Giant Man, so it would be  agood idea